Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

thelazyblank posted:

LA-POR game is a clown fiesta, and I say that as a Timbers fan who's team is benefiting from this so far. A weird second yellow on a non-foul by LA that led to the Timbers' player injuring himself is peak MLS clownshoes.

That's just Baldomero Toledo. Both 'fouls' for Jelle were dives. Here's hoping Guzman, Chara, and Adi get suspensions from the DisCo, but I'm not holding my breath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Dallan Invictus posted:

This is really the main lesson that should be drawn from today. Why didn't they hire Savarese again?

Or Sigi, or Kreis, or Petke, or any other MLS coach who was out of work at that time who had done anything remotely useful in the league.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Jack2142 posted:

Or Sigi, or Kreis, or Petke, or any other MLS coach who was out of work at that time who had done anything remotely useful in the league.

Sigi seems physiologically suited for the cold of Minnesota, too.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

That's just Baldomero Toledo. Both 'fouls' for Jelle were dives. Here's hoping Guzman, Chara, and Adi get suspensions from the DisCo, but I'm not holding my breath.

I would be ok with this.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

TheNakedJimbo posted:

This is, unfortunately, par for the course with Adrian Heath's teams. His defensive signings with Orlando City were almost uniformly awful,

I'm still confused as why he traded Collin to us for a dishrag when he was a proven above average MLS center back.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Seltzer posted:

I'm still confused as why he traded Collin to us for a dishrag when he was a proven above average MLS center back.

Then replaced him with guys who were just outright bad like Mateos.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

As soon as they announced the baffling hiring of Adrian Heath, I knew they would get savagely owned a bunch. I did not however expect them to get record breakingly owned.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

shirts and skins posted:

Sigi seems physiologically suited for the cold of Minnesota, too.

I just pictured Sigi in a big puffy Wenger-style coat. It looked exactly like the Michelin Man.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://twitter.com/TimbersFC/status/841346864674922497

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Clean your goddamn office Merritt.

Special shout-out to that Widmer kolsch sunning itself on the back shelf, I bet that's nice and skunky by now.

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~

TheNakedJimbo posted:

Basically Adrian Heath is hilariously out of his depth in MLS and has probably already blamed the snow, the refs, his team's travel schedule, and a bad haircut for Minnesota's showing today.

even better

https://twitter.com/jeffrueter/status/841310783447400448

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

By this logic, why didn't he sub himself in?

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?

The next step up from this is Heath keeping his team on the field for the halftime team talk.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...avid-Brent.html

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

If he thought he put his best 11 out to start why would he think his subs would be any better? His backup keeper made zero saves and conceded a goal.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

If he thought he put his best 11 out to start why would he think his subs would be any better? His backup keeper made zero saves and conceded a goal.
Heath is not a good manager, but as far as I'm concerned if your starting eleven lays that big of an egg in their team's first top-flight game - with a big weather advantage on top of it - then all eleven deserve to stay out there for the entire game so they can get the full-scale humiliation.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/LAGalaxy/status/841420725747507201

Um, OK.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Sure.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://twitter.com/GrantWahl/status/841730807949611009

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

What's even goofier than that video is that the league is mad at the Galaxy for making it and is going to give them a talking to about it.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

threeagainstfour posted:

What's even goofier than that video is that the league is mad at the Galaxy for making it and is going to give them a talking to about it.

It's a roundabout way of saying that the reffing sucks, which is verboten.

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!

Bless this mess.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Stars_align.png

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/603384079044759552?lang=en

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

lmao at that video and lmao that Guzman was injured while diving

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I saw this video at work and couldn't stop laughing, please help taxes are really boring.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Apparently Bruce McGuire (DuNord) has spent some of tonight's game in Colorado specifically taking pictures of fans yelling PUTO for...identification purposes?

Ummmm...okay

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Apparently Bruce McGuire (DuNord) has spent some of tonight's game in Colorado specifically taking pictures of fans yelling PUTO for...identification purposes?

Ummmm...okay

gently caress that guy and gently caress this league for letting him do it.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

gently caress that guy and gently caress this league for letting him do it.
IIRC he became real full of himself once his blog got popular and he can be kind of a dick in person depending on the mood he's in, from what I've been told.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 19, 2017

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

IIRC he became real full of himself once his blog got real popular and he can be kind of a dick in person depending on the mood he's in, from what I've been told.

He's a fat gently caress neckbeard with a terrible blog that his just him linking to articles written by people who may actually be writers and his Twitter is just him retweeting other people's actual information. Probably supports Arsenal too.

Oh poo poo, he's the perfect MLS fan.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
In related news, Atlanta United have now made yelling "Hey Ya" during goal kicks an "official chant" to try and counter the puto chants. Well done :thumbsup:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

In related news, Atlanta United have now made yelling "Hey Ya" during goal kicks an "official chant" to try and counter the puto chants. Well done :thumbsup:

I hope that whenever they yell "Hey Ya" the away supporters yell back "Fags"

Edit: Atlanta has been really fun to watch so far. They may pull a 1998 Chicago Fire this season, coincidentally after today.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I'm going to be ecstatic if we finish 7th. gently caress.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

trem_two posted:

In related news, Atlanta United have now made yelling "Hey Ya" during goal kicks an "official chant" to try and counter the puto chants.
Considering where OutKast is from this is okay.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Considering where OutKast is from this is okay.

They're actually saying Del-ta.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Revs :(

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Brek Shea is the goddamn best y'all

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

HOLY SHITNUTS THE MINNESOTA LOONIES DIDN'T GET THEIR ASSES WHOOPED

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

HOLY SHITNUTS THE MINNESOTA LOONIES DIDN'T GET THEIR ASSES WHOOPED

Congrats on your first of several points this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

1 pt. 1.

• Locked thread