Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
MLS gonna be in Austin and it's going to be amazing. Then it'll be bought by a Qatari in a few years.

Also:

ZHamburglar fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Nov 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.

Azerban posted:

could potentially be the crew's last home playoff game. historic.

Maybe if they tweet and make enough hashtags it will convince the wealthy to stop their evil plans.

Also I don't see Precourt keeping the team for too long once it is in Austin. I'm betting once the new stadium is built with the help of a foreign party, then it'll be sold off for a profit.

ZHamburglar fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 21, 2017

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.

TwoStepBoog posted:

Cincinnati is getting a stadium.

This essentially means that Columbus Crew is dead. RIP

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.

Dallan Invictus posted:

Pretty much. Some Twitter random noted something that I hadn't remembered: Summer 2013 when Precourt bought the team was the height of the Chivas debacle (the league bought Vergara out after that season) so if the only buyer the Hunts could find insisted on that exit clause, I imagine they just wanted to take the deal anyway, and the other owners weren't up for buying out two teams in six months, and down the road we rolled until today.

Should also be noted that Precourt paid $30 million more than the next highest bid, that means the next highest offer was in the 30's.

shoplifter posted:

Hahahaha Precourt about to get BTFO based on what I just heard

I highly doubt that. MLS is going to lose out on too much money by not going to Austin. An ownership group from a top 4 European league is going to also be an investor in Austin.

ZHamburglar fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 30, 2017

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
Austin has also changed a good amount since 2010. Mainly more traffic and homeless people.

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
Did anyone watch the train wreck of a documentary the Save the Crew people made? It's 70 minutes long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.

Drats. All my years as a goon and I have finally been figured out. You with this time.

• Locked thread