Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Here's to hoping Sean Davis meshes well with Kjlestan and Felipe. Also it would be cool if Veron showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Red Bull Arena was pretty awesome last night, great crowd. Guess that's what happens when you have a Saturday night game with gorgeous weather. Hopefully we get lots more of that this year.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Jesse Marsch says there have been a lot of discussions over the last 48 hours but he can't say much else.

Soooooooo we're doing nothing aren't we.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Flags Of The World posted:

I don't understand how they'd host a 2nd leg Semifinal if Citi Field is going to be a golf course on November 5th http://www.stadiumlinksgolf.com/locations/new-york-city/ . Even if they chose to take the 1st leg as the higher seed, they'd only have 2 days to set the entire golf course up.

Looks like a few turf mats, should be easy enough.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Flags Of The World posted:

Sure, but they're not going to cancel the people that are actually scheduled on the 5th, and I'm not sure NYCFC would agree to the "disadvantage" of taking the 1st leg at home.

It looks like first tee times are at 6AM, figure last is around noon, everyone should be wrapped up by 4, if it’s an 8p start they should be fine.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

G-Hawk posted:

sure it can, it just wasn't set up to do so 10 much less 20 years ago, when it would have affected qualifying now. MLS didn't even start 'producing" players until recently, and its good they're developing the academy structure instead of relying on NCAA soccer. I look forward to seeing the national team in the next few years fill up with players produced by MLS academies or European academies, and not a bunch of NCAA players who didn't join a professional club until their 20s.

The national team basically relied on one academy in the entire country (Bradenton) and a few standouts who made it to Europe to carry it for 2 decades, but now there are numerous domestic academies (some MLS, some not) and Americans are joining academies in Europe at younger ages. Maybe MLS should have done this in 1996, but they didn't. Academies started a decade ago and are only really now being fully built out and starting to have classes who have been in the system for multiple years. What everyone thinks needs to happen with youth development is happening, it just started later than it probably should have and takes longer than anyone wants.

edit: To add, the USMNT roster that crashed out: 14 of 25 played college soccer. I don't think we'll ever see a USMNT in qualifying again where the majority played NCAA soccer, and thats a very good thing.

6 others were IMG/Brandenton.

Those that were neither:
Jorge Villafana
Tim Howard
Kellyn Acosta
Bobby Wood
Christian Pulisic

Howard who is done, Villafana who is meh, and probably the 3 players from last month with the most future in the national team. (Along with Arriola, who was at IMG but also did a bit of time at a MLS academy).

They aren’t there yet but I wouldn’t be surprised if you see Matt Miazga, Tyler Adams, or Sean Davis in some of these USMNT friendlies coming up as they test out some of the kids. All three came out of the Red Bull’s academy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I would like for the New York Red Bulls to beat the Chicago Fire tonight.

• Locked thread