Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

So former D.C. (And now retired) GK Charlie Horton is suing the team, Olsen, and Fabian Espindola for his career ending concussion suffered...after a film review.

Everyone on my team needs to wear Kevlar helmets just to survive.

Wow, I don't recall that name at all.

Also digging the Rapids trade, Burch isn't that good and we can slot Boateng into Cronin's spot.

EDIT: OK not digging so much what we got for them, but I'm holding out hope we're getting Aron or someone comparable.

Moktaro fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

It's not a good trade in itself, but I'll take some action over the FO being all ThisIsFine.jpg again. :sigh:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

G-Hawk posted:

There have been 30 goals scored for or against in Minnesota's 5 matches so far.

The next highest is 18. I'm gonna watch all the Minnesota matches

It's loony, I tells ya!

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

I know I'm quite happy to live in the Denver area as opposed to KC. Clearly Timmy should've said Puto, since they can't do a drat thing about that. :v:

Can't say I'm too bothered by the suspension though, MacMath is good enough and Timmy shouldn't be playing every game anyway, might as well give him a break after that stinker.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

TheBoyBlunder posted:

So Pablo Mastroeni has admitted the Rapids are punting on this season *already* and looking to 2018.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/features/colorado-rapids-struggles-plan-2018-future-mls-analysis#LMV6IyHpbSfTPUb3.99

Six games in and they're punting. :sigh:

Edit - The article makes it sound like they have a plan. Based on 2012 to the present I don't believe they've done *anything* to so much as hint they have a plan.

Oh they have a plan all right.

It's just a five year plan.

Revolving.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Newest rumor in Rapids land is they've signed Luis Montes, currently of Leon, to be a #10. Esportes.mx has an article saying 3 million on his contract and 3 years. Not sure if he'd be a DP or if they have a boatload of TAM to spend. link to article in Spanish Montes' own Facebook page has shared that article so it feels like it's probably a done deal.

I don't like it much because in over 6000 minutes since his broken leg in 2014, he's had 1 goal every 715 minutes and 1 assist every 400 minutes. That's...at best, underwhelming. Yes may be MLS easier to score/get assists blah blah but still. I'm also wondering how many players they're going to have to cut to afford him, and what they're going to do if they lose that depth and have injuries.

Supposedly Juan Ramirez would be the big one and they want to do that anyway, so....eh. Not thrilled about this either but it's something I suppose.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

I'd rather the Rapids get someone under 30 and in decent form so yeah, whatevs.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Oh word, is that all

Seeing the continent from a car is one of the most fun things in the world, and everyone who believes otherwise either hasn't done it or had a terrible road trip partner.

As someone who drove drat near literally from coast to coast (Savannah GA - Santa Cruz CA), I hear ya buddy.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

whypick1 posted:

Are you forgetting the NBCSN Tour de France announcers?

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Ciprian Maricon posted:

What a huge shame for Carlitos, hes had decent enough seasons in Spain and he's only 28, RIPs amigo.

Could be he wants to grab some of those sweet marketing bucks, "decent in Spain" won't get you that much while the likes of Ronaldo are there, but big in LA could.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

all-Rush mixtape posted:

I don't know why it just dawned on me, but Real Salt Lake has FC Barcelona's colors. THAT'S hosed up.

Get this: the Rapids had Inter Milan's colors for a season or two.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Dallan Invictus posted:

Honestly you'd think there was a correlation there has generally never been a World Cup bump for MLS in recent memory. Maybe a general bump in interest in the sport but even that's iffy. Everyone expects an Olympics bump for like track and field and that never happens either. Americans like big events where they can cheer and wave the flag. Any translation from that to ongoing interest in the underlying sport has historically been so small as to be incidental.

Yeah, I think it was a bigger deal when pretty much the entirety of American sports fans were all "wait, professional soccer in the US exists?". At this point most people's minds have been set on whether they care about MLS or not.

As for player development, the real problem is with helping the kids develop proper ball skills. But yeah, the Adu/Altidore/etc generation sure let us down, didn't they. :smith:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

El Jebus posted:

I thought MLS was the pyramid scheme?

Eh, I think it's more of a cabal really. Don is the crime boss of US soccer. :v:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Azerban posted:

this but the opposite

an unabashedly hokey american franchise playing in the mexican pyramid

I don't think the Dallas Cowboys can play in Liga MX.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Also a fairly easy drive for San Jose.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

TheBoyBlunder posted:

:cawg:

Meanwhile now a classic “that’s so Rapids” with Hudson I’d be ok with Porter to Colorado. At least he’s a proven coach.

IIRC he's not as adverse to playing youth as Pablo was, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Hudson has coached the Bahrain and New Zealand U23 teams, as well as a brief stint as Spurs U23 coach, so...maybe? I hope?

In other news Hudson is on the move:

link

There have also been secondhand reports through the peanut gallery that the Rapids have someone signed as coach, and he's behind the roster rebuild. He just hasn't been announced yet.

Rapids have signed Johan Blomberg from AIK. He's supposed to be an attacking, creative midfield type. I don't follow Swedish football at all, so...:shrug: link to the press release

Should've been clearer, I meant Porter. Doesn't matter now though!

• Locked thread