Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Soccer is on tonight.

I just started drinking. I know, I know, I'll catch up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

The whole team of FC Dallas just walked in to the restaurant I'm at. Its taking everything in my power not go something dumb for the 'Gram.

Ask for autographs on a sheet of printer paper with "Players That Are Not Good" written at the top. Ask everyone but *googles FC Dallas* Urruti.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Alaskan Airlines is good, Timbers even get a painted plane to fly in.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

thelazyblank posted:

rip the loons and rip me.

Minnesota certainly is figuring out what positions it needs to invest in (hint: the whole team).

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

If that flag was really supposed to represent Portland there wouldn't be any black in it :v:

Good riddance to that twatwaffle.

It would have a very small black line, way out on the east side.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Papal Mainframe posted:

I'm stealing that comparison to use on a regular basis.

Also, what the hell was the MUFC Timbers game? Two red cards?

Literally two men on the ground, kicking each other.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Hey everyone, don't forget to vote for all the players on SJ to be All Stars.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Turdsdown Tom posted:

the Revs haven't won a single away game all year long. haha hooooooooly poo poo

So, the Timbers last year?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

NY3FC

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Welcome to GBS posted:

Even crazier, he never scored a goal with his head before this season. I think he has at least 3 or 4 this year alone. I was worried El Maestro might not have the physical capabilities to last in this league, but I'm thinking he'll be useful for at least a few more years.

That said, every time I think the Timbers are about to be good again, they put on a performance like they did against RSL.

He has 5! I forget where I read that, though.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Reserve squads have a place, but that place isn't in the second level of a pyramid.

I thought MLS was the pyramid scheme?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Dallan Invictus posted:

I still don't know how this happened but that win in Frisco out of nowhere turned our season around so I am not going to complain.

You stole their power.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

So, Atlanta gets the all star game next year. I wonder who the euro team will be.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Perhaps promising teams with large fanbases would do better in USL if there were some sort of big incentive for finishing top. Not sure what that incentive could be though.

A trip to the whitehouse?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Jack2142 posted:

But the Mexicans!

I thought they had their own league?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Jovial Cow posted:

I would like for the New York Red Bulls to beat the Chicago Fire tonight.

Which team is more likely to upset Toronto? Maybe the team with the golden boot? Or the team from New Jersey?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Oh god, please not again.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Atlanta would've won if they were named something other than loving "United".

Agreed. They should have been the Colas.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

https://twitter.com/Zakuani11/status/931371894443405313

So did Paulson go (more) crazy and can Porter?

Sounds like Porter broke up with the Timbers, instead of the other way around...

Porter to the USMNT?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Sure hope it's that or another better gig, but if that's the case why announce he's leaving without announcing his destination?

I doubt it’s the reason he left, just might be where he ends up.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I've been on the 'Jurgen to PDX' push. I can't tell you how many people are actually in support of this. I really hope it creates a groundswell of support and they actually hire him.

I don't know what to even say to this. I have no idea who the timbers will even try to bring in. Another MLS coach? Another college coach? USL or NASL? Jurgen or Arena? A euro coach? Alexi Lalas?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

So option two is "gently caress it, let's just copy Providence Park"?

As long as it’s grass, full size, and seats more than ~22k, I don’t think that’s such a bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

If you can't tell the difference, then maybe you aren't a Real Fan™.

I think he should resign because he clearly can't tell the difference between celebrating and celebrating.

• Locked thread