Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
New England Revolution a.k.a. "The Revs"

Who Are They?
The team Robert Kraft owns. No, not that one. Yes, the one that never wins championships.

Last Year
The Revs had a very bad, no good year in 2016. They lost some decent players in Kevin Alston (who went to Orlando City) and Jermaine Jones (to Colorado) at the start of the year. Additionally, in August they traded FW Charlie Davies to Philadelphia, which sucks because I personally really liked Charlie Davies and I loved saying his name like Dave Chappelle says "Charlie Murphy" even more.

The Revs finished 7th in the Eastern conference and 14th out of 20 overall in MLS, failing to qualify for the playoffs for the first time since 2012. However, they did make it to the finals of the U.S. Open Cup, a tournament that nobody gives a gently caress about. Unfortunately, they couldn't win that either.

The Stadium
Gillette Stadium is the home of the Revs, located about 45 minutes southwest of Boston and practically in the middle of nowhere. They share this stadium with the NFL's New England Patriots, the team that Robert Kraft spends most of his money on.

The Team
Strikers Teal Bunbury, Kei Kamara, and Juan Agudelo are expected to see lots of playing time. Perennial midfield favorite Lee Nguyen is expected to have a pretty good year and to score a few cool goals as he usually does. Kelyn Rowe, Diego Fagundez, Scott Caldwell, Daigo Kobayashi, and Xavier Kouassi are the main core of midfielders alongside him. In their own half, Andrew Farrell, Chris Tierney, and Je-Vaughn Watson are the primary defenders, with either Brad Knighton or Cody Cropper goalkeeping. Long-time Revolution keeper Bobby Shuttleworth left the team in 2016, so the GK situation is a bit hosed at the moment. We'll see as the season progresses who comes out the top keeper.

Key Storylines
-Robert Kraft has expressed interest in building a soccer-specific stadium for the Revolution somewhere closer to Boston. This has been an ongoing story for the past 5 years and no progress has really been made, so expect this lame fart of a key storyline to stagnate as the year goes on.
-Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
-Maybe this year the Revs will do good? But probably not.

Why To Root For The Revolution
You really, really like the color combination of red, white, and blue. Or you hate the badge design of pretty much every MLS team's logo and prefer something that looks a bit like crayon scrawl combined with Word clipart. Or you are simply sadistic and enjoy watching a decent team struggle with mediocrity and a front office that doesn't give a poo poo.

Home Kit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Shrapnig posted:

Is New England the only team left still using their original 1996 crest?

Last time I checked they were, but I could be wrong.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Revs plan to build new SSS fails....again. gently caress the state of Massachusetts and gently caress Bob Kraft. there are like ten spots they could build a new stadium and it seems there is just no desire to do it.

we even had stadium renderings for the first time ever. and out the window they go, just like any hopes of fostering an active and healthy soccer fanbase lmao

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

the Revs haven't won a single away game all year long. haha hooooooooly poo poo

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Jay Heaps is out in New England.

god yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Flags Of The World posted:

Try not to get too excited.

listen I have been disdainful of the direction Heaps took this club for like years now, I am going to revel in his ousting even if it means sacrificing the next season to a mediocre rebuilding process.

hell, like everyone else is saying, I'm not even confident there will be a rebuilding at all unless the FO hits the door too. but god drat this is progress. at least we're not just floating in the ether

• Locked thread