Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The New York Red Bulls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq_TmC0egCo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

For what it's worth I think Atlanta made the best signings of off-season easily. I expect them to make the play offs.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

So NYCFC fans got arrested for attempting to steal seats from the Orlando stadium and assaulting an officer.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-soccer/19/blog/post/3073497/2017-mls-anonymous-player-survey

Anonymous player survey. Most overrated player - Mix Diskerud. Who crosses the line the most - Alonso #1 Felipe #2.

quote:

Felipe Martins. He just winds people up. He's an agitator. He does a lot of things that aren't punishable by referee standards, but if people found out they wouldn't be impressed.

This is awesome

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The only bad part of being the redbulls the sickest team in the league is us constantly being on national tv which means I have to listen either alexi lalas or spanish commentary on half our games.

e- meant for gdt but whatever

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

TheNakedJimbo posted:

This is, unfortunately, par for the course with Adrian Heath's teams. His defensive signings with Orlando City were almost uniformly awful,

I'm still confused as why he traded Collin to us for a dishrag when he was a proven above average MLS center back.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Presented without comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSCd2gigr34/

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Dallan Invictus posted:

Days like this I need to spread the gospel of not caring what people you don't know think of your domestic league or how you support your team, or how it markets itself on social media you don't use, and simply excising the word "cringeworthy" from your vocabulary.

It's remarkably liberating!

Well yea.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Bragging about beating an nasl side with a backwards Chelsea hat on is not cool imo

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Azerban posted:

if you used canadian players, you wouldn't have problems with things like WCQ

But you'd have problem winning games. Double edged sword

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

fat greasy puto posted:

petke is a good coach by mls standards, his firing from rbny was a shock and a ton of people wanted him back for the entirety of last season

"The entirety of last season" is a massive exaggeration

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

So apparently Howard got into trouble mainly because he grabbed a fan in the tunnel post game. Well ok that's a bit much, but it begs the question why the gently caress does SKC allow fans in the tunnel at all. TBH I'd give him 1 game for what he did and I'd kick all the rich assholes out of the tunnel.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Inter Miami United FC

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I'm not joking, I'm really glad I support an original franchise. We may only get 80% attendance but our stadium is full of people who like soccer instead of the concept of soccer.

The idea of a Marxist supporters group in the mls is so loving stupid yet unfortunately not shocking

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

tk posted:

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

Uhh, ok. In fact I'm actually really glad we have 80% attendance because I can get a 20 dollar ticket basically on the pitch anytime I want. There are sounders fans paying like 80 bucks for lovely tickets or put on waiting lists lol.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

tk posted:

There's nothing wrong with enjoying cheap tickets and empty stands. It's fun, and that's why I would go to a Reign or USL game. But low attendance and cheap tickets aren't because you "support an original franchise" or that you "like soccer instead of the concept of soccer", it's because your team is putting out a poo poo product in a poo poo location that people don't want to go to. They aren't keeping attendance down on purpose because they were founded earlier or have a fan purity test before they sell you tickets.

You also seem to be grossly misinformed about the cost and experience of attending a game at CenturyLink field.

My point was that being an original franchise most of our supporters came to watch soccer when it was extremely unpopular because they liked it. The newer franchises seem to attract a the type of fans that want to go to games to bang a drum for 90 minutes with their back to the pitch and get attention. As for a "poo poo product" in a "poo poo location" you can make fun of the redbulls all you want but that's just a completely absurd statement. We have crap branding and marketing but to tell me that watching a winning/exciting team play in one of the nicest soccer specific stadiums in the country is poo poo then I want to know what poo poo means to you. As for the location it's easily accessible by rail for like 15 million people and a walk away from very nice restaurants and bars.

Not surprising a PNW fan felt the need to get upset when someone poked at the soccer hispterism that plagues a lot of MLS.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Just keep missing the point

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Toronto just won five games in a row for the first time in team history

What the hell is going on

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

MLSE has always spent a shitload of money, it's not like they've known how to spend it well

You have a Houston Dynamo's worth of cash between you and the 2nd highest spending team, not that all shocking.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Toronto chat...... almost as bad as Cascadia chat.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Dallan Invictus posted:

Instead of complaining that other people are posting about their teams, why not post about yours?

The New York Redbulls are the best team in MLS

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

When did this signing happen? It completely passed under my radar.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

What am I supposed to be caring about here.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

lol

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Adrian Heath has a podcast.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

camoseven posted:

our Late Game Offensive Substitution To Try To Spark A Goal on Saturday was..... CB Steve Birnbaum as a target forward. :discourse:

Did that actually happen? lol

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

binge crotching posted:

The worst thing about the all star game is that no matter how many times you change your preferences on the Android MLS application you'll still get notices about it.

Turn all your notifications off except for calls email and texts. Solved that problem and tons of others.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Speaking of the All Star game
https://streamable.com/il7o1

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

camoseven posted:

I came here to link this :mad:

Too slow! Also is there an August GDT or is the all star game being discussed here or in the July thread... I'm not ashamed to admit that I enjoy the all star game spectacle, though I do think it's hosed up that the golden boot winner of last year or actually just anybody from the Eastern conference champion winning team isn't on the team. Mccarty sort of counts but seriously the golden boot winner should be an autoinclude.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Shep messing is alright imo.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

"Lol, look at the redbulls attendance"

*strolls into RBA, pays $20 for a ticket 10 rows from the pitch*

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

I just googled his height and he's 2 inches taller than me, lol.

Didn't know giovinco posted here

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I feel like this entire collapse deserves it's own thread. I'm pissed as well, probably more than most people but I don't know I don't feel the need to yell about it in the MLS thread

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

I was thinking the same thing actually; it's clogging up the international thread as well. Feel free to post one.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837194

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

A guy named Indiana Vassilev just came on for the u 17s.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Only have notifications on your phone for calls, text, and email

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

That is extremely upsetting news to me. I'm glad he's clung on to a dread rat tail at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Line up for Portugal

Honestly looks like a better roster barring the attack than the trinidad roster. Also I'm pretty sure CCV hasn't been capped at the senior level?

• Locked thread