Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Awesome writeup. I wish you'd include a picture of the champs though.

whypick1 posted:

Sounders Goons:
  • whypick1, who is me, duh
  • Xylorjax, the angriest of Sounders
  • shirts and skins
  • SeaTard
  • Qu Appelle
  • Jack2412
  • Was_Taters
  • DR AIDS
  • Tzen
  • tk
  • many more, we are legion

The angriest of Sounders? Ehh. Yeah, you might be right. But we're the champs so gently caress everyone else.

Nostradingus posted:

here's hoping this year's final isn't Literally The Worst Game I've Ever Seen, Ever, like last year's was

Ideally it'll be like last year's ECF, which was all kinds of insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

shirts and skins posted:

Sigi seems physiologically suited for the cold of Minnesota, too.

I just pictured Sigi in a big puffy Wenger-style coat. It looked exactly like the Michelin Man.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Do over Ham posted:

http://www.columbian.com/news/2017/...ck-to-portland/

Letter: Bring baseball back to Portland

By John Casper, VANCOUVER

Published: April 24, 2017, 6:00 AM

Well here it is — another spring in the Vancouver-Portland area and, in years past, the Portland Beavers would have been starting a new season. But not anymore. For seven long, boring summers baseball has not been in Portland. Instead, we are forced to suffer though a foreign so-called sport where most of the time nobody wins. It saddens me to think I will never be able to take my kids or grandkids to another Beaver baseball game. I also feel sorry for the kids who will never get to see a AAA baseball team in Portland.

My hope is that someday the Timbers will go to Europe, were they belong, and our Portland Beavers will return to Portland, where they belong. I live and hope for that day.

Surprise level that this guy lives in Vancouver WA? 0.0%.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Tigren posted:

Oh my god! Those guys are so loving terrible. Second only to every local announcer. I'm specifically looking at you Cobi Jones and Shep Messing.

I missed the Sounders/Minnesota game live so I got to experience the Minny local announcers on the MLS Live replay. Dear god, how have these guys not rocketed to the top of the lovely Announcers power rankings?

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

whypick1 posted:

Because the only thing that stands out about them is that their color commentator is a woman? :shrug:

Actually, it was because the BPB guy's voice sounded like he had a frog in his throat the whole drat game, and because the sideline guy kept talking about things like Jordan Morris's cultured left foot, but y'know, whatever.

And there was this:

shirts and skins posted:

The pbp guy's voice would quaver every time something exciting happened, it was real weird.

• Locked thread