Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

The time period between week 1 and week 2, also known as the only time each year that I enjoy reading power rankings articles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

A woman was assaulted in the parking lot by a credentialed supporter for not giving back a flag. You know. $3 worth of vinyl and PVC.

Absolutely disgusting. I hope they pull that supporter's credentials.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

The Light Eternal posted:

I'm guessing it's someone who is a paid member of a supporters' group.

George Soros is probably behind this.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

That's just Baldomero Toledo. Both 'fouls' for Jelle were dives. Here's hoping Guzman, Chara, and Adi get suspensions from the DisCo, but I'm not holding my breath.

I would be ok with this.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

Atlanta had 82.9% of the possession in the win over Chicago :stare:

That's pretty high even for being a man up.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

Like...you are taking time out of a game you paid money to go to in order to get on your phone so you can Tweet pictures of people saying a dumb thing.

That's like buying a ticket and spending the whole time with your back to the game while you yell at other supporters.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

First they came for the Putos, and I did not chant—
Because I was not a Puto.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Hello Towel posted:

Yup. There are legitimate questions whether that money would be better used to shore up a pretty bad back line. But he's been one of my favorite players for a long time so I'm personally pretty pumped.

As a DFB fanboy, I'm very ambivalent about this.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Nostradingus posted:

He does look a little too old to keep pace with the rest of the league.

Yeah, but you ought to see his 200m freestyle.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

I've never heard of a team giving up 11 goals in a week.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

This whole thing stinks. And the fact that MLS knew all about it and didn't care should offend all of us.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

I would say that Texas is probably the largest undertapped (is that even a word?) soccer market in the country. That doesn't mean we need to rush into a bunch of teams here, but USL is doing great in the state and it's not unrealistic to say that MLS in San Antonio could bring in the Rio Grande Valley market if done correctly*

But the truth of the matter is I just want another driveable road trip. San Antonio could be under three hours' drive. Dallas is 4 hours away. Then KC and Atlanta are both 11 hours by car.

* and there's the hard part

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Gegil posted:

As much as I'd love to have season tickets to a local club, unless they have covered seating, I won't go more than once during June to September.

I happily pay about double for my season ticket at BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston compared to what the SGs pay because my seats are covered.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Pretty much if my team can't win MLS Cup, I want Columbus to win MLS Cup.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

shoplifter posted:

We're now on the third version of the story from the league on the Sacha/Jozy scuffle.

1) Both got straight reds for violent conduct, likely leading to multiple match suspension

2) Both got second yellows for unsporting behavior, thus no appeal

3) Both got straight red for unsporting behavior, TFC to appeal the red.

Nothing suspicious about this at all.

Where are you getting this from?

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

They're still trying to make this Austin poo poo happen

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Mike Jones

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

shoplifter posted:

What more can you expect when you only have ONE person on marketing staff because you've fired everyone else

Just a reminder that one of our promotions for this year was BRING YOUR DOG TO THE GAME NIGHT

Also, the fact that we have the lowest paid shirt sponsor is loving hilarious because the club staff couldn't even get that deal done, Columbus Partnership did. What huge company is going to want to play a premium for a shirt sponsorship when they get a grand total of ONE game in national TV exposure? A game, might I add, scheduled opposite week one of the NFL and both the Bengals and Browns home openers? It's a loving miracle we are getting $1.8m a season.

Finally, what huge company is going to want to make deals when our big shot owner can't be bothered to get off his rear end and show up to grease palms in order to get poo poo done?

The Houston Dash had a dog game like this. I would have been tempted, too, if it had not been in July.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Emron posted:

Ours was called Pups on the Pitch but to be clear NO dogs actually got on the pitch. Misleading advertising imo

Speaking of pups on the pitch, we had a guy do a halftime show with acrobatic Frisbee dogs last year. It was probably my favorite halftime show in 11 years of attending Dynamo games. Those dogs were ready to run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Today is the day to kick the ball.

• Locked thread