Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I’m so loving sad about this. I know I don’t ever really post in here but I’ve been a season ticket holder for the crew ever since I moved here and today sucks. This year sucks. Everything sucks forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Another Ohio team getting the Browns treatment. Sure, why not.

So it sounds like Garber could, in theory, force Precourt to accept the offer to the keep-in-Columbus crowd. Which would be excellent. Then we can ripple that through the league, except DC and New England of course because misery quotas must be maintained

Garber more or less gave the ok in the joint statement PSV released, this seems like a done deal.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

https://www.mls2atx.com at the bottom: “Copyright 2017 MLS2ATX | All Rights Reserved — Precourt Sports Ventures”

Done deal.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

My ticket rep just told me my 2018 season tickets are non-refundable, and if I’m financing that I’ll have to pay the full amount even if I cancel lol

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Lol what, how is that legal in this case?

The 2018 season is still being played in Columbus, so that’s their justification

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Oh, well that's really lovely of them but that makes it a lot better at least. I thought they were going to make you pay for games that weren't even happening.

Yeah. It’s SUPER slimy though. The renewal deadline was last week. You’re locked in now. And the announcement was today.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I loving hate our rich boy MAGA goblin of an owner and his incessant need to squeeze a little bit more margin out of everything to make his daddy proud

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The Crew is making all banners enter through one specific gate tonight. My guess is they’ll be checking for anti-MLS or Precourt stuff, as well as like “gently caress THIS poo poo” in giant letters.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

shoplifter posted:

At the beginning of the match there was a 100 yard line to get in because they (whether deliberately or not) had bottlenecks with respect to security and ticket scanning. This is making people suspect the reported attendance was the number scanned at kickoff. As someone that only misses 1-2 matches a season, 14k seems awfully suspect to me, even with reporting sold vs scanned.

There’s been nights they announced 16k that had, like, half the people in there. Regardless, it was cool as hell to see the team win while the stadium told Anthony Precourt to gently caress off, loudly and repeatedly, directly to his face

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Precourt is using the exact same language to pump Austin as he did Columbus lol

https://twitter.com/yumdynasty/status/925900654266241024

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

tk posted:

Moving out of Ohio in your early 20s is pretty Authentically Columbus.

This is hate speech

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

highme posted:

In the USL era the Timbers would have regular "Bark in the Park" nights. It wouldn't be possible to do it for Timbers or Thorns games but there was one night you could bring your dog to a Timbers2 match this year. Attendance was way up that night.

Ours was called Pups on the Pitch but to be clear NO dogs actually got on the pitch. Misleading advertising imo

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Full sellout for the crew, but the stadium only allowed two gates open to let people in. I’ve never seen two gates only before. Thousands of people were waiting to get in while the game kicked off. loving brazen.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Rumors have Zardes going to DC, Columbus, or Vancouver. I hope y'all fan bases love hype and mediocre results. Who am I kidding, that's exactly what those 3 teams love.

Personally I love having a team to support, but I’m not a multimillionaire trust fund piece of poo poo, so this isn’t a world where I get what I love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

MLS is notorious for showing its rear end, so she seems like a natural fit.

• Locked thread