Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Anyone know the backstory on this

https://twitter.com/GrantWahl/status/838578367305760768

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

DJExile posted:

They're trying to get a taxpayer stadium on the Kentucky side of the river. MLS wants teams in their own stadiums.

Cincinnati is home to maybe the worst stadium deal public sector screw job around so I hope to god they don't try to lure MLS with a shiny new facility.

Not a small part of FCC's success is playing in a old rear end stadium with actual personality in an young urban environment,

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
MLS would be much better off if FC Cincinnati and their 20k+ crowds were in MLS next year by getting promoted or whatever. As opposed to some expansion process that will take years and squander all local excitement by requiring the team step on the throats of local government to get a stadium paid for that they can not afford to build along with the expansion fee.

Also maybe I am a weirdo but I would be much more likely to watch Casper, Wyoming vs. Edmond, Oklahoma if they have actual good players instead of current LA vs NY or whatever.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

tk posted:

Sure, but Cincinnati is, what, 12th in total points in the USL? They wouldn’t be going anywhere.

Yeah I know, I'm just using them as an example of a lower league team that has apparently developed a sizeable fan base out of nothing over a couple years. They should presumably be able to buy better players if they maintain their support and eventually would be favorites for promotion if that were a thing. It sucks that they have no vehicle to do that other than try to get the city to build them a stadium and suck off MLS executives

• Locked thread