Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0VW6sg50Pk

what is the likelihood that this movie won't suck?

Alien is one of my all time favorite movies and I really wish they would capture the feel of that movie and make something new where there's a spooky alien on a giant spaceship killing people one by one. please discuss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

ROFLburger posted:

what is the likelihood that this movie won't suck?

i can answer this: zero

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I hope it's good. The Alien looks neat and despite a number of problems I did enjoy Prometheus.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i h ope it's good nd not bad, OP, because i like alien an awful lot nd want them to make a good sequel

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

id also like to note that startng from the baseline assumption that everythings bad until proven good is fuckin stupid aand there wasn't enough in that trailer to push me one way or the other on it

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I hope kenny powers punches an alien right in the balls

On the plus side there is no way this can be worse than prometheus

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i bet this will be pretty good in any universe where Alien doesnt already exist

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also little kids who have never seen or heard of alien because they are homeschooled or Mormons or something will probably like it a lot.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
danny mcbride = win

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Shaggar posted:

i bet this will be pretty good in any universe where Alien doesnt already exist

A lot of people have not seen Alien or Aliens, they're old as hell

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It definitely won't be the Worst Alien Movie made, thank you Joss Whedon

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
yeah resurrection was a real god drat stinker

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Plutonis posted:

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

If it's Kenny Powers vs an Alien then I'm interested.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I was gonna make a post about Marry gently caress Kill with an Alien and Predator but I can't think of another iconic space monster

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

I was gonna make a post about Marry gently caress Kill with an Alien and Predator but I can't think of another iconic space monster

XTRO.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

A critter.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ridley Scott is even better than everyone who likes him says he is, and much much better than everyone who doesnt like him thinks he is.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I watched Kingdom of Heaven director's cut on a nine hour flight. Still a good movie on a 4" screen with audio buzz due to a poor 3.5 jack.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

So Ill watch it on Netflix at the very least OP.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The movie poster is telling me that it's back to Alien 1:

so I'm hopeful.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Palpek posted:

so I'm hopeful.

At the same time, there was also a quote somewhere recently that was saying it's "the goriest movie in the franchise".

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, to be fair. That said, and it has been a while since I saw Alien, I feel like a lot of what made it scary was they used gore sparingly.

I'd be up for watching Danny McBride get ripped in half, of course.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Alien wasn't frequently gorey but it was extremely gorey when the gore did come out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Ridley Scott is even better than everyone who likes him says he is, and much much better than everyone who doesnt like him thinks he is.

He's made one good movie

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Palpek posted:

so I'm hopeful.

Did you see the trailer? it looks almost exactly like prometheus to me. i was (and am) really hoping it would be more like Alien 1, though

ROFLburger fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 8, 2017

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

He's made one good movie

alien nd blade runner both rule imo

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

He's made one good movie

Thelma and Louise bruh...

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

In Training posted:

He's made one good movie

:captainpop:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

ROFLburger posted:

Did you see the trailer? it looks almost exactly like prometheus to me. i was (and am) really hoping it would be more like Alien 1, though
The Freudian shower scene and the amount of body horror already in the trailer make me think it might end up being good.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I don't think the trailer looks anything like Prometheus, specifically because Scott has said that he heard people's opinions about it and said "ok gently caress it I'll give them what they want!"

It'll probably be closest to Aliens if I had to guess.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Looking forward to the "ballbuster", the embryonic xenomorph variant that bursts out of your scrotum

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

He's made one good movie

And it was Gladiator

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

General Dog posted:

Looking forward to the "ballbuster", the embryonic xenomorph variant that bursts out of your scrotum

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
as long as the xenomorph inpregnates a woman with its tail to prove that feminism is dead, i'll be ok with the new aliens movie

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

In Training posted:

He's made one good movie
I'm convinced he actually did not work on Alien or Bladerunner. It was just some schmuck named Scott Ridley and they accidentally mixed up his name.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Blade Runner looks nice but it's not that good

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

danny mcbride = win

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

im a fanny of the danny so i will be seeing this at Midnight sharp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Plutonis posted:

I love how the crew of the Betty is just the cast of Firefly but with different actors.

And not-Nathan Fillion died first.

• Locked thread