Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It's good that I'm working and not watching the Celtics kill the Lakers although I will enjoy the meltdown after if all the people who think Jim Buss and Mitch Kuochak was somehow to blame for individual losses and that Magic was MLGA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Watch ESPN keeps cutting Warriors and Knicks off saying the event has ended. They aren't wrong I guess.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Knicks make Porzingis look less good than he is sometimes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Lakers are what the Pelicans needed to finally get a win it's starting to look like but even then they were down at the half.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Kibner posted:

The Pels look so unorganized on offense and defense since the trade. I plan to give them a full 10 games before I really make any conclusions, though.

Yeah I'm not too worried about them, other than the fact that there just isn't much season left.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Wow what happened it was a like. 15 point deficit last time I looked?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Kibner posted:

And since I didn't think they had a great shot at the playoffs, I got angry about Casspi's release after his injury.

I don't remember Casspi's contract situation but I think having him next year would've been nice even if he was done for the season.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It is the popular talking point these days but if you look at the numbers the Lakers are much better when he is on the floor. Also his post all star numbers are great. Looks like he had a rough shooting night though.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Kibner posted:

They like him, just not for running the offense long term. They would prefer him as a big shooting guard paired with another guard who has excellent playmaking skills that he can work off of while also being a secondary ball-handler.

I was a bit rushed but this was what I was trying to respond to. The Lakers score more and pass more when Russell is on the floor largely because he is pretty good at running an offense. When the Lakers struggle to score it's almost always because he's not on the floor. He has a knack for making all the competing and contrasting playing styles of the Lakers starters actually work together.

It's an argument whose origin is people who are trying to make an argument for the Lakers drafting Lonzo Ball even though he's really only going to be able to play the position that Lakers have covered (at least with their starting lineup . . . drafting him to be a backup to me is stupid in a draft with so much guard depth) at the moment. I don't think Russell would be completely lost at two if the Lakers are in position to draft a PG as BPA, but I think they're not using one of his best talents at that point.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I can't believe someone put Indiana vs Charlotte on national TV, and, that I'm watching it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Just judging on how little people post about them I think Monday night TNT games are so far not working out.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Yeah building your new basketball venture around Indiana probably wasn't a great idea.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Lakers needed a win although I wish it had been against someone else.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Hahah holy poo poo I just looked up some footage and he looks completely ataxic, almost clapping seal-like

I knew a guy who tried to fight me in middle school who did that with his hands all the time. He was just really lonely and had bad parents who ignored him. I wouldn't say we became friends in high school but we would talk if we had a class together.

He was bad at basketball.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Today not featuring Curey, Tomson, Igodolla, Lenard or LuMarxux.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Saric is destroying Nance but Nance is the only one playing D. Conundrum.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I think all the players who do the "ball roll down the court thing" are of the age that they would've seen Russell Westbrook doing it and scoring in two seconds when they were at an impressionable age. Or, a dumb AAU coach alternatively told them all to do it, either or.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Magic has to be dictating the lineups now because this is the stupid poo poo he did when he was a coach.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Fire Luke Walton so he can get a real basketball job and just let Magic bring Byron back like he wants.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
"We need to take a look at Jordan Clarkson."

Then watch some loving film, he started all season last year and the year before.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Earvin Johnson.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
How does a guy like Corey Brewer stay in the league so long when everything he does is bad?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Lakers really look like they hate each other. "Championship accountability" really is doing wonders for this team.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Speaking of experiments that should be over with, Ingram at least was better at the point than when they were trying that in December.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Cool glad we can go back to trying to win via "lore of Los Angeles" after learning that didn't work four years ago.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Jota posted:

Thank god the protection on the Lakers draft pick ends after this year because god drat.

Well I mean you probably have a better chance of getting a good pick by the Lakers playing whoever they draft 30 minutes a night. After the Lakers trade the pick and all their young players for Paul George and Wade they'll probably win 10-20 more games than they would've done with youth (and still finish far away from the playoffs).

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Off course Ingram had a great game that I could not watch.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Duggler posted:

All the trash players get kicked out and the game is fun to watch

Only someone who enjoys the Bucks could think the Lakers are more watchable without Young and Russell.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

I know no one is watching, but D'Angelo Russell is having the game of his life

I thought I would be okay working late for a couple months with as annoyed as I was at the Lakers but it turns out it still is bumming me out to miss this stuff.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I think I would rather not have a pick than Corey Brewer this season and next.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
That Steph 3 would've made me laugh and support the Warriors again but then I remembered they cried about Durant getting booed earlier in the day.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Players Only was just really starting to get tolerable, and now it's over.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
gently caress Isiah Thomas for being Earvin Johnson's lovely as parrot. And D'Angelo Russell shouldn't be "on notice" and have to "earn the right to stay in LA."

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

InnercityGriot posted:

I haven't been paying much attention, when was this dumb poo poo uttered? I am so afraid of what Magic is going to do

Halftime on the NBATV feed.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Man the Wizards defense is rough tonight.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I was going to say "imagine being rich enough to afford fourth row tickets behind the bench and appearing on TV in an Old Navy shirt" but like I was in like the 9th row this year and there's a good chance I was wearing a free lootbox shirt or something.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

humpthewind posted:

Is lootbox the same as lootcrate?

Oh yeah. I meant Loot Crate.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Young teams gonna young team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It's a good thing the Lakers aren't playing for anything because back to back noon games is legit total bullshit.

• Locked thread