Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I want to die.

On an unrelated note, no Switch yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

a.lo posted:

if you got 47 preorders and some other guy 8 preorders than that is more than 50 switches

Interested to see if you can solve that 4th grade word problem.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ah Best Buy canada apparently decided to wait just before Launch day to ship. Rather then Ship so it arrives at launch.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Just saw I could order one on Amazon Prime Now, hopefully I'll have my $350 Zelda box tomorrow morning

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Played Zelda while the console update downloaded in the background, then when I got access to the eshop I played co-op Snipperclips (which rules but might be a little light on content for my tastes.)

I died to the first blue Moblin I ran into in Zelda lol

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Revol posted:

Picked mine up from Walmart. I was a preorder, and the second preordered one to arrive when I got there at 11, so I was allowed to skip the line and get my system second.

Downloading Zelda. Took about 5 minutes to get to 5%. So that's hopefully... 100 minutes? Dunno if I'll stay up long enough, to be honest. I'm taking tomorrow off anyways.

I'm about to print this on my 3D printer, to see if it functions well with a real unit. (The Ocarina of Time that I started printing since 6pm just finished a couple minutes ago.)

edit: My Walmart was selling games and accessories, but they wouldn't sell them to the preorders until the people who've been waiting in line before us got theirs. Fair enough, we only preordered the system. And I don't mind, I don't plan on getting any other hardware or physical games. My case for the system is arriving today, and my screen protector comes next Friday.

If those dpads work out, I'll buy one off of you

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The switch has cooled down significantly after the fan kicked on. Interesting that it waited until then.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
does anyone know how many levels snipperclips has?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
20 minutes in, Zelda download at 33%, so the servers are holding up well so far.

Dehry posted:

The switch has cooled down significantly after the fan kicked on. Interesting that it waited until then.

I had heard speculation that the fan would likely only be used in docked mode, that when in portable mode it likely wouldn't use enough power in the GPU to need the fan.

Well, that's speculation for you.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I died to the first blue Moblin I ran into in Zelda lol
I first died on the big tower when I learned that gravity was a harsh mistress and also that i didn't magically already have the paraglider

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Stopped by my local wally at 11, line formed nicely and a lady employee had a full plan laid out. Snagged the last B/R switch, 2xPro Cons, and Zelda. Time for bed because I'm 36 and tired.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Went to Walmart to see about getting a Pro Controller since I forgot to pre-order one. They had that plus some un-preordered consoles and an un-preordered Zelda Special Edition.

I bought the console because I'm worried Amazon's won't ship on time, so I just cancelled it. My Special Edition from Gamestop had already shipped, though, so... uh, I guess I have two?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

No midnight Switches, so I'll probably have to fight another nerd for the amusement of Best Buy clerks tomorrow morning :ohdear:

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Oh my goodness this was the first time I saw Snipperclips. I probably won't buy a Switch immediately, but when I do I will most definitely buy Snipperclips.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

iajanus posted:

I first died on the big tower when I learned that gravity was a harsh mistress and also that i didn't magically already have the paraglider

I also fell off the tower but was low enough to barely survive.

Now that the weekend is here I can hopefully play Zelda some more.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

any word on bomberman yet? i want that to be good cuz i love a good bomberman, but i do not trust konami in the least

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

sharrrk posted:

any word on bomberman yet? i want that to be good cuz i love a good bomberman, but i do not trust konami in the least
They didn't gently caress up the basic Bomberman gameplay, but they basically did the bare minimum to make a passable game.

"It's Bomberman but shouldn't cost $50" is the general consensus.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I had a weird wifi problem. My router was password protected, but the switch would not pick it up. It was picking up neighbor's wifi routers...just not mine. I reset it and it finally worked. What gives? :confused:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

They didn't gently caress up the basic Bomberman gameplay, but they basically did the bare minimum to make a passable game.

"It's Bomberman but shouldn't cost $50" is the general consensus.

thats a shame. i'll wait for a price drop then

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Maybe I have less big, meaty hands than other goons, but the joycons feel good both in the grip and on the console.

Console itself feels more like a handheld then, well, a console.

Would give Zelda impressions, but my update is stuck at 0% since I'm in line with all the other east coast plebs :v: I also bought I am Setsuna because I am weak to JRPGs and I wanted something not Zelda for when I get Zelda'd out.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

FireMrshlBill posted:

If those dpads work out, I'll buy one off of you

The model isn't ready to be used yet. The sphere in the center of the mod is too tall, so that there is no tight fit with the buttons and the mod, and instead there's a lot of give. In fact, it goes beyond having 'give' and it just doesn't really lock into the buttons, and slides around.

Hopefully the guy who designed this mod is getting a Switch on release day, so he can make revisions and get this working.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Switches are already being sold on Ebay for 420-450. If you can't get one, just be patient, this is not gonna be another NES Mini situation

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
hello fellow switchhavers. breath of the wild is goddamn gorgeous, and i have 1-2 switch downloading now so i can milk some cows soon.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

shyduck posted:

Switches are already being sold on Ebay for 420-450. If you can't get one, just be patient, this is not gonna be another NES Mini situation

I mean, it might take a month, but after a month supply should be fine. And you can play Zelda on your Wii U in the meantime.

I don't get people who pay scalpers.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

When should I start watching twitch streamers to enjoy Zelda vicariously?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Was in and out of Gamestop within like 5 minutes. Stopped by Walmart at 12:30 and they still hadn't sold one yet and the line was maybe 100+ long. The electronics counter was just pretty confused about everything. Welp, that's my story.

Josh Lyman posted:

When should I start watching twitch streamers to enjoy Zelda vicariously?

Probably 12 hours ago

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Post pictures of your jumped up cell phone ITT.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Dieting Hippo posted:

hello fellow switchhavers. breath of the wild is goddamn gorgeous, and i have 1-2 switch downloading now so i can milk some cows soon.

Gimme some 1-2 opinions please!

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe
Welp my Switch and Zelda shipped via UPS which means they'll reroute it five loving times and it'll just end up in the Pacific Ocean.

Seriously, gently caress UPS.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
So to add a friend you have to search by friend codes. I thought that Nintendo accounts were supposed to alleviate this problem with codes and crap.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Mega64 posted:

I want to die.

On an unrelated note, no Switch yet.

Same.

Leaving for a multi-day trip to Oklahoma City at 6 AM, which will be followed by another multi-day trip immediately after. I probably won't be back until around March 7th or 8th. My Zelda Special Edition, assuming Walmart didn't gently caress up when I bought it, will be arriving March 13th.

I don't know when I will be able to afford to buy the Switch. My birthday is coming up though, so maybe I can use that as an excuse to get it.

Either way, I won't be able to play Zelda for at least a week and a half. :(

al-azad
May 28, 2009

SlayVus posted:

So to add a friend you have to search by friend codes. I thought that Nintendo accounts were supposed to alleviate this problem with codes and crap.

lol where do you think you are?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Okay good, my switch is at my local UPS hub and not with some Lasership bullshit. gently caress Lasership.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

One joycon in each hand has brought back the joy of Lazy Gaming where I can just sprawl out while playing. No interference issues for me

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Waffleopolis posted:

I had a weird wifi problem. My router was password protected, but the switch would not pick it up. It was picking up neighbor's wifi routers...just not mine. I reset it and it finally worked. What gives? :confused:

Most home routers are pieces of poo poo and do this on the regular. Someone brings device home and the router just checks out and won't respond to DHCP requests to that one, but the they renew existing ones.

When in doubt reboot your router it probably sucks less you spent some good money on it.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

The only question that needs to be answered is... Is Zelda worth spending $388 to play?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Anyone in a region with Neo Geo games try a Neo Geo game? I got Waku Waku 7 to test out how viable D-buttons are (shockingly not all that terrible?) and the audio is out of sync.
Is this your experience?

Also, is everyone's joycon strap bumpers scarily tight? I feel like one day trying to force one off I'll bend the rail.

Edit: Also, also, Voez is pretty nice. There's almost too many songs.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Mar 3, 2017

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Whoever decided that charging and kickstand were mutually exclusive should be loving shot :argh:

Why the gently caress do companies keep doing this

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Watching a bomberman stream and holy poo poo this game has some god awful netcode holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Hooked it up to my nice 4k OLED HDTV and the menus look surprisingly shittier than my regular old PS4, like they're purposefully using 720p assets (screenshots and icons and such) and upscaling them.

• Locked thread