Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Cojawfee posted:

The switch is actually very bad. When my nephew asked if he could play the games on my Switch, I smashed it to bits right in front of him.

hosed up if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LionArcher posted:

And by the time I get one in the summer, it will be even better

thats very true

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What's the next big game after Mario kart?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

s.i.r.e. posted:

Please post your sad amiibo collection again.

All of my amiibo are quite happy; free of their plastic prisons.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Blaster Master Zero is really good!

E; also amiibo absolutely own and anyone who thinks they are a bad idea is an idiot

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Splat2n, I think.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Splat2n, I think.

There's Arms too. I'm not sure about it but I hope it's good. Nintendo should do a demo for it.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i haven't heard very good things from people who have played arms at preview events

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I want Arms to be fun but I'm not super hopeful

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

I'm getting Virtual On vibes from ARMS and that can only be a good thing.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I've heard a lot of good things about Arms from people that were skeptical about it.

The consensus seems to be is that the motion controls are really good and responsive but we need to know if there's a deep enough game built around them. I'm not a huge fan of the character designs though because they remind me of lame rear end Battleborn characters.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

the real crime is there's no arms evo mainstage 2017

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

After Mario kart I'm going to try life again, but I wasn't very good at it the last time

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I want to buy an Amiibo but I'm waiting for Splatoon 2 ones.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Stux posted:

this is a PSA: please use USB tethering or wifi broadcast to share your phone connection to another device

Ok I'll plug my phone into the USB plug on my watch.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Paul Kart: Mario Blarts

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nolgthorn posted:

I want to buy an Amiibo but I'm waiting for Splatoon 2 ones.

Actually the original Splatoon amiibos give you the best weapons available in game once you scan them in

Sorry you're screwed if you didn't buy them 2 years ago.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

jivjov posted:

All of my amiibo are quite happy; free of their plastic prisons.

I'll give you that, at least you've opened them.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Did somebody actually think the PlayStation 4 could handle Bluetooth better because it's physically bigger than the Switch? The sheer lack of knowledge to spewing out bullshit ratio in this thread is usually high, but the recent Bluetooth posts bring it to a whole new level.

Bluetooth has ample bandwidth to handle audio and a god drat controller at the same time. And no, the size of the console doesn't mean poo poo either.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ratbert90 posted:

Did somebody actually think the PlayStation 4 could handle Bluetooth better because it's physically bigger than the Switch? The sheer lack of knowledge to spewing out bullshit ratio in this thread is usually high, but the recent Bluetooth posts bring it to a whole new level.

Bluetooth has ample bandwidth to handle audio and a god drat controller at the same time. And no, the size of the console doesn't mean poo poo either.

The bigger the console the more Bluetooth you can fit in.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Yeah, good Bluetooth shouldn't have issues with a headset and the Joycons because that's too many devices connected. My laptop doesn't have any issue with a couple controllers, keyboard + mouse and a headset. And that's off a $20 wifi card.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yeah, good Bluetooth shouldn't have issues with a headset and the Joycons because that's too many devices connected. My laptop doesn't have any issue with a couple controllers, keyboard + mouse and a headset. And that's off a $20 wifi card.

On a TI wl8xx bluetooth/wifi module I was able to get Bluetooth audio, keyboard, and a mouse connected at the same time, all connected to a imx6 dual processor which is far slower than the Switches processor.

Also that product is a tablet as well.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

zaepg posted:

Didn't see a general Nintendo topic, but I'm curious what Nintendos most durable console (bound to last a long time is). Wii U I figure would be pretty low on the list. I'm already seeing some GBA games have their battery run dry. I like to think disc based systems are more durable than cart based, but anything with a disc reader can tend to fail as well

I'm 95% certain that my Nintendo 64 and Super Nintendo will outlive me, and I'm equally certain that I could probably beat a person to death with my Gamecube (why else would it have a handle?), and it would still work afterwards.

There's also the objective case of the Game Boy that survived a bombing in the middle east that now sits in the NYC Nintendo Store that still works, so it might be that one.

On the other hand, I eventually gave up on my DSi because I couldn't set it down on a surface harder than a fluffy pillow without it shutting off on me.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Louisgod posted:

Walked into a Wal-Mart that was next to a hardware store I needed to hit up (gently caress putting lamenate down, I hate it)

Lol laminate aint poo poo

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DC Murderverse posted:

I'm 95% certain that my Nintendo 64 and Super Nintendo will outlive me, and I'm equally certain that I could probably beat a person to death with my Gamecube (why else would it have a handle?), and it would still work afterwards.

There's also the objective case of the Game Boy that survived a bombing in the middle east that now sits in the NYC Nintendo Store that still works, so it might be that one.

On the other hand, I eventually gave up on my DSi because I couldn't set it down on a surface harder than a fluffy pillow without it shutting off on me.

Has to be the NES. A lot of them still work with stock components and they're really easy to bring back to life if something does gently caress up.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I'm not sure if it's because of environmental conditions or what, but all of my NES and SNES carts are still able to hold saves with their original batteries.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

i got a type-c to type-a cable from that spreadsheet and my PC doesn't seem to provide enough juice to got positive on charge while playing zelda
unfortunate

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Heard a few people saying their switches were getting warped and I can only loving ask how? because I've been running mine ragged and the only thing I can see is my kickstand sticking out a tiny bit.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Some people are oddly rough with stuff and don't realize. I have a friend that complains that Xbone controllers are flimsy poo poo when he presses the buttons so loud you can hear it over his loud tv.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
didnt someone in this very thread have to send their switch to get repaired because the screen got dislodged

but nah it must be crab hands

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

HyperPuma posted:

didnt someone in this very thread have to send their switch to get repaired because the screen got dislodged

but nah it must be crab hands

Um actually if I don't have a problem no one can, QED.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

No way man. The switch and it's accessories are perfect in every way and any problem you have must be caused by you

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

No warping to report, but I have found that my joycons are already getting a little worn in the bottom corners where they touch the palms. Nothing big, but there's little thin patches where the smoothness visibly changes.

Back when there was that kerfuffle about adhesives wrecking the joycon plastic's coating, I wondered if normal use would cause the same effect more slowly, and it seems the answer might be yes.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

Has to be the NES. A lot of them still work with stock components and they're really easy to bring back to life if something does gently caress up.

yes, but could it be used to commit a violent crime and still work? I think not, unlike my Big Purple Beating Box That Plays Pikmin

edit: maybe that's the secret. I never see black or orange Gamecubes out in the wild, perhaps the color purple is some sort of protective force

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Apr 3, 2017

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

LethalGeek posted:

Thinking on this a tad harder I wonder if this is why the Wiimote's audio quality was so crap. Not because they couldn't put in a better speaker but because doing any more would have screwed up input latency.

PS4's controller speaker has shockingly good audio quality. It also has a headphone jack.

edit: by shockingly good, I mean my previous experience being Wii.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

eonwe posted:

the switch is actually insanely good

https://twitter.com/papapishu/status/746803108949409793

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Wheany posted:

PS4's controller speaker has shockingly good audio quality. It also has a headphone jack.

I've taken enough lumps on the subject, but: wireless has improved pretty notably between when the Wii & PS4 were developed so I would hope so.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Wheany posted:

The Wii remote is known for its high quality speakers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeUwnMR7gTg&t=26s

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

LethalGeek posted:

Sure but my point is bluetooth has pretty tiny bandwidth and my experience trying to stream data and drive in inputs at the same time fell flat on it's face in practice. Probably because like any broadcast medium collisions happen which causes faction of a second pauses while it's resolved. Something you can't have while trying to, according to some random blurb I saw, send 1ms updates from the joycons to the machine.

Thinking on this a tad harder I wonder if this is why the Wiimote's audio quality was so crap. Not because they couldn't put in a better speaker but because doing any more would have screwed up input latency.

That's not how it works dude, you're just making things up. Once again, bluetooth is made to handle congestion, if Nintendo can't add a2dp to the Switch it's because they've chosen to do it like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Wheany posted:

man i wish the switch pro controller had a headphone jack. and analog triggers. and a better d-pad. it's a pretty good controller regardless but i still have trouble justifying to myself the $70 spent

• Locked thread