Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Honest question, how long does it take to download the day 1 patch for the console and Zelda? I just want to get into this ASAP and decides if I sleep tonight or not

Also got an email from my gamestop saying they wouldn't do a midnight release but when I called they said they totally would so who should I believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Went to get my pre-ring done so I can get in and out super fast at Gamestop. At 6pm there was a huge line of people even though the store only has 8 consoles and one dude in a truck was basically doing doughnuts while screaming "I'LL GIVE 100 BUCKS TO WHOEVER GIVES ME THEIR SPOT IN LINE."

Can't wait to go up there in a couple hours again and see if anythings changed!!

Went to do my prering and there were like 5 dudes waiting in line and I guess one of them thought I was cutting in line because he came up to stand right next to me as the clerk rang up my order (I threw in a procontroller and archer link and guardian amiibo because I am Nintendo's bitch) to I guess try to be all hey man don't cut in front of me and I just did the two fingers to the forehead salute as I walked out with my Gamespot Guest #1 receipt.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Am at gamestop waiting, pretty rough scene
There's this guy who has the 3DS section of the store all to himself and I can smell why

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I got my switch last night and knew I couldn't play because I had to sleep so for the first time in my life I was able to will myself to sleep despite being excited
Set up my account and downloaded updates for switch and zelda this morning and I cannot wait for quitting time to be a useless piece of poo poo all weekend long

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
A wiiu virtual console would be pretty good
Botw wiiu version upscaled to 900p

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
From what little I used the joycons during the setup I gotta say I'm not crazy about using them exclusively. They're so tiny and the joysticks feel puny. Glad I sprinted for a pro controller

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Like you guys Nintendo's newest console and best game ever is waiting for me at home to pleasure me what a world we live in

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also I was about to inadvertently hold my zelda card with my lips because I needed both hands to fidget with the switch's covering but then went waaaaait a second

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

The Bloop posted:

My switch doesn't work.

Zelda crashes and gives an error screen.

I called Nintendo and they answered right away, no hold at all (amazing!) and were super professional.

They led me to a menu where my error codes live. I had 4. not a single one was listed in their log of possible error codes, and they weren't even in the right format!

The person I was speaking to was surprised and upset by this. Where are these codes coming from? Why am I the only one to report them ever and why aren't they in Nintendo Tech Support's own listings? Who knows.

I can't exchange Zelda because it's a special edition and the game box is not the same and no one has special editions to swap out.

They want me to send the system and game in for repair.

I wiped the system and am reinstalling everything. Hopefully the system update was just corrupted or something.

I did get to play about an hour of Zelda and it was awesome :smith:

Are you being followed by a creepy Link statue

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I do kinda regret not picking the neon but ah well I have my switch and my zelda and everything is good and pure

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
And now I'm paranoid because I left my switch charging undocked that it might burst into flames

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

Out for delivery, finially. Now as long as they actually accept my authorized leave it at my door instead of just tapping the missed you notice on my door without knocking I will be happy.

What?

Years of people fear mongering the USB C format and how unless it's the specific type approved by one nerd's Amazon review your device has a 50/50 chance of combusting

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The N64, GameCube and wiiu didn't get hardware revisions did they?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So apparently it's a common problem when people accidentally put the joycon wrist strap things upside down and they suggest the way to fix it is by using a thin tool to hold the prongs and easily slide it off.
This happened to me before reading about these fixes so I pretty much forced the thing off. Hopefully I didn't gently caress anything up.
Man handling these things is really awkward. Glad I sprung for the pro controller

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

I got the last copy of BoTW for Wii U.

Now what.

Like, on Earth?
Keep it wrapped because it'll probably be worth something in a couple of years

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

FireMrshlBill posted:

Ugh, I get Link losing his footing periodically while climbing in the rain, but not being able to climb at all? It's rock, not mud. Should at least be 2-3 steps forward and 1 back, not 2 forward and 5 back

It's actually 5 steps forward and like 3 back. You can time a jump on the fifth step and despite slipping still gain a lot of distance.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Has anyone had to recharge their pro controllers since release

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I wish the switch menu had music

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So what are people's experiences with glass screen protectors? I ordered the amFilm tempered glass protector and I'm curious to hear people's experiences with it because I understand that regular plastic protectors straight up melt on a docked switch

EDIT: Also I want the switch to get netflix so that way I don't need to switch (hurrr) to my PS4 when I wanna watch Scrubs on Netflix

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Why can't I save my credit card info like with the 3ds and wiiu

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
First time I've used the switch on portable mode. Gets pretty warm. Is there a way of turning it off or can I just put it to sleep and put it in its case without fearing it'll overheat and bake itself dead

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is it just me or do the ZR and ZL buttons on the joycons feel awfully squishy
Maybe Nintendo snuck in analog triggers for the inevitable gamecube virtual console

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Stux posted:

theyre perfect actually and youre a loving idiot for thinking otherwise

Friend
I will end you

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I'm sorry Stux

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Stux posted:

probably because the wii u only just got a zelda game, my friend

The wiiu had two zelda games prior

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Holy poo poo the wiiu got no original zelda games it got nothing but ports

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

Switch BOTW is the port, dude.

Nuhuh because I say so

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Will the Switch have the same virtual console as the WiiU? Because I hear Bomberman 64 just came out on the Wii U and I wanna bring that with me

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Somebody explain to me how the procontroller's battery life outlasts a well-taken care of carnival goldfish's but the PS4's controller can't outlast a carnival goldfish as taken care of by me

Is it just because the ps4 has the lightbar

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
How much good will would Nintendo have burnt if they cancelled the wiiu version of botw? And would said lost money would be upset by the insane demand the switch would undoubtedly have had?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

FireMrshlBill posted:

Mostly, as the redesigned DS4's that came with the Pro and slim have smaller light bars and have 3 extra hours of battery life or so. It also does audio and has much stronger rumble (something people turned off and added hours of battery life to DS4's). Also, I think it keeps the gyro on full time, where I notice with my Switch pro controller that when I do motion aiming in Zelda, I kind of have to give it a little bump/jerk to get the gyro aiming active, so it isn't as quick/smooth since I had to go so far left/right just for it to register than I am motion aiming.

On top of that, undersized battery in the DS4.

It's still what, six hours versus the prontroller's 50 and it has the hd rumble thing going on for it and the nfc sensor and the ps4's controller audio is the most aggravating thing ever and I'd be surprised if there isn't a person alive who doesn't turn it off immediately
And I've never had issues with the gyro aiming on the thing to activate

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What's the recommended portable charger and usb c cable that will cause my switch to not conflagrate
Could this information be put in the op

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I mean I assume I can use the procontroller's cable to charge but what about a wallwart or portable charger

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Ok I think I'm confusing the terms for portable charger and power bank or whatever they're called.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
You'd think the way mh games sell Nintendo would've made the new game a switch exclusive

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Just applied the amFilm screen protector. Normally feel like a brain surgeon missing one finger whenever I try to apply a protector to any expensive electronic, but this was super painless, easy, and the screen looks really good. Hopefully some shoe won't drop soon and it turns out that it will cause my switch to melt when docked or something

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I think you can safely say that the switch pro controller is the best controller Nintendo's ever made

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

The best controller they ever made is an xbone controller with digital triggers.

Have you considered
That the xbone controller is just a SNES controller with joysticks

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

so this is why the Switch is 300 dollars. The margins on this thing are pretty thin.

don't expect a price cut anytime soon.

Isn't Nintendo the only company that sells their consoles at a profit though

Man I hope they do bring over here the SoM collection because a translated SD3 would be incredible. That soundtrack is so loving good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I mean it works because the game came out like what feels like 20 years and people are still talking about it and playing it

• Locked thread