Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Fetko posted:

My amazon preorder updated to shipping soon this morning with a delivery of Friday by 8pm, but i'm starting to doubt it. Can't remember a shipment this late to update before. Anyone else stuck in amazon shipping purgatory?

Don't worry, I am east coast and mine was marked as shipped about 30 min ago (around 10:30 eastern) and was already scanned by UPS about 2 hours from me. It apparently is getting shipped with items from separate pre-orders I did (1 2 switch, extra AC adapter, screen protector), I think all were different orders so they are on the ball it appears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

I am a 38 year old man and have been a gamer my whole life. This is the first time I've done a midnight launch for anything game related.

Long live the switch.

I waited for Halo 2 with a college roommate and waited in line with another roommate for 10hours overnight in the cold for the Wii. Not doing that anymore. I work weird hours from home, so I am able to catch online pre-orders most of the time luckily. Though getting a poster from Best Buy would have been cool.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

krursk posted:

I've been messing around with the switch all morning. I'm limited to portable mode (in general) and I got to say that the joycons are just too weedy for me. I know there is the pro controller but that's not useful to someone like me who 95% of the time plays in portable mode. It's serviceable enough though and the games look good on the screen. I'll be looking for a more robust joycon solution in the future.

Atomic Purple Joycon+ (or Pro) with better range, a dpad and sturdier construction would be amazing... make it happen Nintendo

Fetko posted:

Yeah, it'll probably ship on time, but it isn't normal. Hoping I don't get my bad-tasting Zelda card in tomorrow and no Switch to keep me from licking it. If the stalwart, upstanding members of the gaming media can't restrain themselves, how can I?

Ya, my Zelda SE is coming from Gamestop and was shipped earlier this evening though no UPS updates. Also, they are calling for some snow in my area. I can't remember if UPS or Fedex are the ones who pussy out when there is 1/4" of snow half way across the country and have "weather delays". Hoping this doesn't push it back, otherwise my rear end is running up to Walmart/BestBuy/Gamestop to grab a vanilla copy of Zelda to hold me over until Monday and will just see the game out of my SE pack (as long as it is standard).

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

I really wish Nintendo would take 20% off of digital titles. I'm gonna pre-order Splatoon2 but that is a game I would rather have digital on my Switch since I would probably play it periodically while playing through another title. I hate switching game carts, but can't argue with the 20% I will get off from Amazon Prime.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The buttons are replaced with tiny pot leafs and the analog sticks become joints

Hopefully they don't smell like some skunk, since they are into engaging other sense it appears. Though if they'd coat them in a THC or CBD film...

Cojawfee posted:

Especially since when you buy a digital version, you don't even get to put it in your mouth.
There will be an accessory for that

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

HyperPuma posted:

is there any games for the switch besides zelda

e; single player games

I Am Setsuna
Fast RMX or whatever it is called
Blaster Master (comes out on the 9th)

corn on the cop posted:

From my personal experience "arriving by 8 pm" is almost always code for "lmao don't bother expecting this before 6"

Usually the case. My old place was 7-7:30. However I moved into my house last month and not sure the UPS driver comes by here, only USPS. Going to be cramming as much work as I can get in before it arrives, then all bets are off.

Oh poo poo, I still haven't set up the HDMI switch on that TV, well, there is a project for tomorrow as well.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Mar 3, 2017

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

To all who are standing in line, godspeed you fucks. Get it!

I'm sure there are more

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Revol posted:

Picked mine up from Walmart. I was a preorder, and the second preordered one to arrive when I got there at 11, so I was allowed to skip the line and get my system second.

Downloading Zelda. Took about 5 minutes to get to 5%. So that's hopefully... 100 minutes? Dunno if I'll stay up long enough, to be honest. I'm taking tomorrow off anyways.

I'm about to print this on my 3D printer, to see if it functions well with a real unit. (The Ocarina of Time that I started printing since 6pm just finished a couple minutes ago.)

edit: My Walmart was selling games and accessories, but they wouldn't sell them to the preorders until the people who've been waiting in line before us got theirs. Fair enough, we only preordered the system. And I don't mind, I don't plan on getting any other hardware or physical games. My case for the system is arriving today, and my screen protector comes next Friday.

If those dpads work out, I'll buy one off of you

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

For those who now have the Switch. How much room/tolerance is there in the joycon grip around the joycons? I pre-ordered these rubber gel guards in blue and red to make my gray switch neon and give more comfort. However, I was wondering if there is any issues with them not fitting into the joycon grip, especially between the back of the joycon and the handgrip part. Is there there at least 1/8" or so gap? Or is there no tolerance. I assume these gel guards are about as thick as those Wiimote and nunchuck condoms people used.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Utnayan posted:

The same goes for that "patch" that supposedly addressed Joycon desync issues which are hardware based and will NOT be fixed with a patch. Those people purporting that could be done, or WAS already completed with the Day 1 Patch, have mysteriously vanished as well.

Well some Bluetooth radios have power states/levels that could be set via firmware and modern controllers (PS4 and XB1) are firmware update-able. So people pondering if there could be a patch to fix the issue isn't unreasonable. No one was 100% sure of the issue and whether it was a hardware limitation or not. People still aren't sure of the issue cause and any adjustments to the radio would need to be recertified before a patch is rolled out.

But ya, it could be a hardware limitation and we are stuck until a joycon+ or whatever is released

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

It still renders the game at 900 before downscaling, its not like a pc resolution slider

WTF. Lazy Nintendo... lazy

The Bloop posted:

My switch doesn't work.

Zelda crashes and gives an error screen.

I called Nintendo and they answered right away, no hold at all (amazing!) and were super professional.

They led me to a menu where my error codes live. I had 4. not a single one was listed in their log of possible error codes, and they weren't even in the right format!

The person I was speaking to was surprised and upset by this. Where are these codes coming from? Why am I the only one to report them ever and why aren't they in Nintendo Tech Support's own listings? Who knows.

I can't exchange Zelda because it's a special edition and the game box is not the same and no one has special editions to swap out.

They want me to send the system and game in for repair.

I wiped the system and am reinstalling everything. Hopefully the system update was just corrupted or something.

I did get to play about an hour of Zelda and it was awesome :smith:

That is troubling. Was gonna sell my backup preorder at cost locally or return, but may hang onto for a week or so to make sure.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

pliable posted:

Amazon hosed my order by giving me the Grey instead of the Neon one. When I ordered it after the Switch event, I emailed Amazon to confirm that I ordered the Neon (it didn't give me details in my order). I'm 99.99% sure I placed an order for the Neon. They come back and tell me, "nope it's the grey one you ordered the wrong one dummy and we aren't going to talk about this again". Completely disregarded a possible bug in their system, and were rather insulting to me.

Amazon's customer service has been loving garbage lately. I guess that's the result of becoming one of the biggest retailers in the world

I think it depends on the rep, when my DQ8 preorder was a couple days late I complained and they gave me an additional 30% off of the 20% discount. I'm sure a good rep would have given you a free month extension on prime or $5 account credit.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Republicans posted:

I looked those up and there's a review already that says they won't fit. What I'm wondering is if you can still sit the switch in the dock if those are around the attached joycons.

drat thanks, cancelling then. I will use a pro controller 99% of the time instead of the joycon grip, but I hate a feature being not available, especially for those few times I'll need to charge the pro controller

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

khy posted:

I have a question for you my dear goon friends

I have a friend who loves Zelda but won't be getting a switch. In the past, I have connected my Gamecube/Wii to my PC and streamed the games so she can watch and enjoy. I am wondering if I can do that with the Switch.

Specifically, I am wondering what kind of connection is available between the Switch and my TV. Is it HDMI exclusive? Does it have RCA connections? Please let me know!

HDMI only. You'll need a capture card like the Elgato HD Capture 60. I think they will have a video share functionality at some point though I am not sure if it is just upload videos or live streaming too

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

enojy posted:

Two things I wasn't expecting at all: portable mode is just good as gently caress, and hidden costs is for real. Now I need an AC adapter for my room, and a hard shell case so my cat doesn't walk all over it on my nightstand. There goes like $50 on nothing. At least I can safely bring it with me with the two, though.

Just get rid of the cat, more money for games.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 3, 2017

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

I imagine my odds of getting a Switch on the wa y home from work, pre-order free, are pretty goddamn slim. But I waaant oonnnnee. :smithicide:

Just make sure to call ahead if you have doubts. Brickseek still had my closest Walmart has having 2 Neons and more Grays (I was thinking of getting a Neon instead of the Gray that is out for delivery). However, I decided to call and they were out of stock. So those online sites sometimes don't update for hours/end of the day.

It appears a lot of places are selling out now that it is later in the day.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Calaveron posted:

The N64, GameCube and wiiu didn't get hardware revisions did they?

N64 and GC did, though minor ones other than GC losing the digital out port. Not sure about the WiiU. The N64 revisions were minor board changes that affects how easy it is to RGB mod it.

khy posted:

I'm Zelda crazy and I hear so many good things about Zelda but I'm not Nintendo crazy.

It's frustrating I want Zelda so much but other than that I have little to no interest in the Switch

Well right now if you have a 3DS and a WiiU, you can play pretty much all Zelda games. So don't get the Switch and stick with your WiiU.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 3, 2017

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

PerrineClostermann posted:

This. If the Switch ends up selling like hotcakes, there will be no *DS line.

Maybe if they have a Switch mini with permanently attached controls that has a sub 720p screen and run at lower power to allow for passive cooling and a reasonable battery life (3-5 hours). I can't see them replacing a DS sized handheld for the kid/pre-teen market, both for cost to parents and comfortable handling for the kids.

But ya, I can see them going back to the Gameboy line with a single screen that is more in line with a Vita form factor, would cut costs on 2 screens and hinges. But it still may be a separate line of games if they can't get something portable/powerful enough to play Switch games in that form factor.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Grimes posted:

Careful sliding the switch in the dock, I guess, or get a screen protector. Why did they make the screen plastic?

Is the screen plastic? or is there a plastic film on the screen that can be removed? That makes no sense on glass unless there is some type of AR coating.

japtor posted:

Apparently it's plastic and no one noticed until now or something. So hey less likely to break...but probably easy to scratch.

Guess I'll be in the market for a glass screen protector now :downs:

Oh, well way to cheap out Nintendo

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Apparently the officially licensed PDP screen protector is too big and overhangs the screen and causes bubbles.

Dammit, guess I will be purchasing the glass one ASAP... why didn't I order it last week like I thought to and just cancel my other Screen Protector? haha

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Rabid Snake posted:

Yikes. What's the go to screen cover for these things then? I just picked mine up but I might stop by Best Buy to pick up a screen cover or something

Since the PDP one is too big apparently (the one that is out for delivery to me now) and the Hori one has low ratings too, I got this one, but it won't arrive for 2 weeks so I may just cut the PDP one down to size to hold me over or just baby the system when docking. It is glass and apparently a perfect fit.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Modus Pwnens posted:

The PDP one sucks. It is too big, and also doesn't come with some of the quality of life things that I expect from screen protectors these days. No included spray/wet wipe, crumpled lovely little tabs you can't pull off without touching the underside or exposing it to dust, no hinge method stickers, no way to clean dust off the underside after the inevitable first failed attempt because it's oversized.

If none of that made sense to you, congratulations, you're not an rear end in a top hat. But still don't buy the PDP one.

No issues removing it? I may try to do a quick measure/cut to get rid of the overlap and use it until the glass one arrives in a couple weeks.

Louisgod posted:

Haven't seen anybody mention it but the Hori screen protector is once again stellar, easy to put on and makes the console look as if it doesn't have a protector on. Really glad I got it day one considering people are seeing scratches on the screen. That, and kids.

Thats good to hear. It was a 3/5 stars on Amazon with some complaints the last I saw, but you gotta figure most reviews include the bad more than the good experiences.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Went to check my mail for the BOTW PDP headphones and the UPS truck was in front of my house with lots of scanning/beeping inside. The driver handed me this stack exactly as is and I had to kick my door until my wife opened so I didn't drop anything. Her reaction was "what the gently caress, how much did you spend?!?"

Edit: unboxed

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 3, 2017

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

First impressions:
- much smaller than expected, when you first open the box it is pretty impressive how small everything is, including the dock
- feels good, not to light or heavy and not bulky at all
- the joycons are actually enjoyable to play separately, using the buttons as a dpad isn't too bad, just a tad more spaced out than I would like for a 2d platformer, but fine for menu navigation (i prefer dpad to analog for that)
- I was more impressed with the joycon grip than I thought
- I have it connected to my 55" LED tv (1080p) and the menus and everything looks good to me, a little bubbly looking like the 480p Wii menu on a modern tv, but wasn't blurry at all. Though some TVs upscale 720p better than others so YMMV
- the gray looks good and I am not as bummed about not going for the neon now. I think I made the right choice (though if I had a neon set in front of me, that may change my mind)

- Zelda SE box is huge, basically the size of an old Wii box
- The carrying case is a bit silly looking, but not too silly for me to use (and I usually steer clear of bright/odd things), it seems sturdy with plenty of game cart slots and no weird smells like those generic ones had

- Pro controller feels nice, definitely more ergonomic than the joycon grip, but honestly the joycon grip still isn't bad and is pretty easy to adjust to, especially for those of us who play on many different consoles still

Other than that, I have only tested it for a few minutes since I need to finish up some work before I finish for the day but will probably stay up late playing Zelda. I did the first 2 min of Zelda and it looked great on the big screen, but I haven't gotten anywhere there would be slowdown yet. Will test that tonight.

Joycon connection issues:
My TV is 10-11 ft from my couch. and I had no joycon issues whether separated or in the grip unless I explicitly covered it up pretty well. Behind the back was intermittent in causing issues. My dock is on the bottom cubby of my TV stand, so about 2-3ft under my TV. Some people (including Nintendo Customer Support allegedly) said being too close to your tv may cause interference, especially with Smart TVs (wifi). So that may help, though not sure why wifi would interfere with Bluetooth. Also, my coffee table is pretty much in the line of site between my joycon and the dock while I am sitting on the couch, yet that didn't cause any issues unless I had the joycon behind my back and I was sitting back (so my back + the coffee table were in between my dock and the joycon). If I sat up/forward so the coffee table wasn't in between me and the dock or stood up, I could play behind my back with no issues at that 10-11 ft away.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

squidgee posted:

That's a lot of amiibos.

Which uh...what do amiibos do? I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the Gamecube.

For me, I just collect the Zelda ones as shelf candy/statues ($12 amiibo is cheaper than some of those $50-200 collectors statues). They also aid in the game. The Wolf Link amiibo from Twilight Princess HD (WiiU) gives you a wolf hunting companion. Some other Zelda amiibo will drop barrels of fish or other items for you in the game (limited to once a day I think). I can't remember what all of the newer ones do yet.

In other games, Amiibo's in general had various functions. In Smash Bros you could use them to train up a computer/AI fighter (not the one you controlled though). In Mario Kart, they give you outfits for your Mii character when racing. Mario Maker lets you add in items to your levels that will transform mario into 8-bit Link or into a giant 8-bit Mario that crashes through the level. Shovel Knight Amiibo did something in the Shovel Knight ports, I forgot what. Other games do other things.

Again, I just collect Zelda ones for my shelves. Same with Shovel Knight. And I have an 8-bit Mario for use with Mario Maker.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Just need to finish this one last thing for work and then it is Zelda time. I tried playing the Snipperclips demo while on the toilet but got to the balloon level and wasn't sure what to do immediately and put it down for the time being.

Cyron posted:

the games are but i been having huge system errors on 2 systems i give up.

Wow, my launch PS4 is chugging along nicely (knock on wood).

PerrineClostermann posted:

I do want to note that the Switch is essentially the PSP. Home console-quality games/horsepower with convenient TV output. And I loved the PSP.

Still do

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Also, gently caress Gamestop! Someone close to me received some bad news today from their doctor and just wanted to come home and play Zelda on their new Switch over the weekend to take their mind off of it. Well the fuckos at Gamestop shipped Zelda, but never handed the Switch over to UPS. So it won't go out until Monday and there are none local in their area. I'd ship them one from here but it wouldn't get to them until mid-week when they will get the Gamestop one anyway.

So I am done with Gamestop for good. I'm already very upset with the news myself, so I am channeling it to that lovely loving company until I can fire up Zelda tonight and take it out on some Bokoblins with a tree branch or whatever.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Haven't had a chance to try it fully but zero issues so far.

Couple questions:

-Is there an easy way to toggle wi-fi on and off like with the 3DS? All I'm finding is airplane mode and I assume that won't work well if you use the joycons off the tablet. Just don't want the wifi to kill the battery while I'm in handheld mode.

-Is there a setting somewhere on the Switch that'll turn your TV on when you dock it or do you always have to turn your TV on manually at the same time? Was really hoping my TV could read my mind and turn on when I turn the Switch on.

If you have CEC activated on your TV, the Switch will turn it on and to that input by default (something you can turn off on the switch as well)

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

"Hidden Browser" found by connecting to public wifi or some workaround in the linking your social profile menu is settings.

garfield hentai posted:

"HDMI control" or something, I haven't tried with docking/undocking but it turns the TV off and on when you sleep and wake up the console.

It switches inputs when docking if TV is already on. It will also turn TV on when you dock it.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Nice, that did the trick, thank you though the TV still stays on even after I pull the Switch out of the dock. Close enough I guess.

ya, it may with a power down of the Switch but not with a disconnect, because the dock would need to have some smarts to send a power down signal. Most TVs have a setting to turn off automatically with no input signal for x amount of time. Try putting the Switch in sleep mode and see if that works. Then you can just wake it immediately after undocking and resume your game.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

The used game store near my house where I have a fuckload of store credit never has any god drat PSPs.

Plenty of $130 Vitas, no PSPs.

I'd pay $130 to get another Vita if mine died tomorrow.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

Something something memory card

Haha, Ya the $100 I dropped on a 64GB card that is constantly full with PS+ games was a lot. Worth it in the end.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

guess dogs love the taste of a switch cart in the morning!

They don't, man's best friend was just doing you a solid.

On that note, for those who are on the fence about 1 2 Switch, I say save your money. Most games aren't all that fun or get old quick. I played it with my wife and the only game she liked was the Sneaky Dice game, which makes sense since she loves to play Liar's Dice.

I was able to play the telephone game with my 2 year old because she understands enough to wait for the phone to ring before picking it up, then they added in trick ring tones and it was too complicated for her.

It should have been a pack-in game, $9.99 at most.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

So I got a $50 eshop card the other week when Amazon was doing that $8off of $50 deal. $20 of it went to BOTW DLC, $10 is reserved for Blaster Master. That leaves me with $20 for either Fast RMX or Snipperclips.

My dilemma: I usually am not a huge fan of FZero type racers. They are ok for a little while but don't hold my attention and I rather play a Mario Kart or Gran Turismo type racers. Just not big on arcade racers and whatnot. So it would just be to fill the racer gap until Mario Kart next month.

For Snipperclips, I don't know how much I would play multiplayer unless my wife gets into it, need to play the demo with her. So may not get too much use out of it though it seems fun. Maybe we should do Goon Snipperclip sessions.

I really wish I am Setsuna or Shovel Knight were $20.

Just want something that is short and quick to play for 10 or 20 min between Zelda plays.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

inferis posted:

Is there any way to attach a wrist strap (not the joycon ones) to the switch itself in handheld mode?

No, unless they release some type of case/strap that goes around the whole console to the side of the screen

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

pissdude posted:

Still having this weird issue with my Switch when, when docked, using a stereo cable running out of the headphone port into any kind of sound device (external sound card, internal etc) creates a buzzing noise as soon as the sound goes live. It's kind of difficult to describe but you can see an example here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYPjO5VKT1I

^^^ not me in the video

Anyone care to try this and test to see if it's just my unit or dock that has this issue? I have my docked switch near my computer with a stereo cable going from the switch to an external sound card on my desk that outputs to my gaming headset. I can hear game sounds and such but with an awful chopping noise.

Sounds like a 60hz bleed onto the audio signal. Maybe some ground issue within the console (design flaw, not broken console issue). Does it do the same noise in handheld mode with the charger plugged directly into the console? If not, maybe unplug the HDMI and any USB from the dock and try it. There are sometime issues with devices that are plugged into power while outputting audio to a separate device, especially if both are on the same outlet/power strip.

It may also be an issue with switching from analog output to digital output for HDMI output.

You may have to buy on of those boxes that separates audio out from HDMI. They are $20 or so on Amazon.

Also, make sure your TV sound mode is stereo as well, maybe that is an issue if it is set to surround?

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 5, 2017

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

Nobody has any stock around here what's the best alert tracker to use?

nowinstock.net , or could check on brickseek

Where do you live? Maybe a goon has a hookup for you.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Played through the Snipperclips demo by myself and enjoyed it, but has anyone run through the main game in single player or does it get to the point where you have to have 2 people?

Also, I noticed I had worse joycon desync issues when I was playing 1 2 Switch and doing those big or rapid movements (ya ya, make your jokes). However, just chilling on the couch (~10.5ft) I don't have issues luckily.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Did the demo of Snipperclips with my wife and she liked it so we bought the game and cleared the first world. Great game and worth picking up. Definitely a better party game than 1 2 Switch, though I steer clear of rooftops so I may not be the intended audience.

pissdude posted:

Tried everything, no worky. Decided to just plug the switch directly into my PC's capture card and will play through fullscreen preview mode in OBS with HDMI audio instead. :) Works well enough and I can stream if I wish!

I appreciate your input

Good luck, I'd be worried about lag. If it does present lag, get something like this. May be able to find one <$20.

Hybridfusion posted:

I have a brand new 2016 model tv with all the bells and whistles. I just had to disable the auto-hdmi bullshit on the switch because I'm losing the battle with my TV being flipped to the switch HDMI every god drat thirty seconds.

Come the gently caress on, Nintendo. gently caress

Eh, my PS4 was giving me issues where when it went into rest mode it would immediately come back out of it, so I had to turn my PS4's CEC function off. Though that was a bug with their firmware and they later fixed it but I never turned it back on. I hate the TV turning off when I put a console to sleep because the majority of the time I switch the input back to my cable box for my wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

pissdude posted:

Tried everything, no worky. Decided to just plug the switch directly into my PC's capture card and will play through fullscreen preview mode in OBS with HDMI audio instead. :) Works well enough and I can stream if I wish!

I appreciate your input

Holy poo poo, just put in headphones for the first time and it isn't a clean signal. It's like I can hear the fan running over audio. Will try a different set of headphones tomorrow, but this reminds me of the GB/GBC/GBA days of Nintendo with noise over the headphone jack.

Has anyone else noticed this? I am on battery power too, so not the power adapter.

• Locked thread