Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I warned ya about bomberman!
Also Zelda might be too good for kids to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Decius posted:

Too many reports about this poo poo to blame the various TVs rather than the one thing all these cases have in common: The Switch.

All these lovely posts have the same common cause!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I'm not positve Zedla is from earth. This is so drat refreshing. Gameplay above all.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

We actually had someone say it's ouya all over again, amazing stretching in here.

Dqw 1*2 demo is alright.
Tetrisvpyuo is confusing

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I'm not touching the Zelda Thread same reason. For those wondering how the game is? It's a masterpiece.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I think that is what you actually do.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

What a poo poo tone this thread has. Don't you have zelda, snipperclips to play? Don't like the switch? Please keep making GBS threads.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0094GLEII/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This has been a very well made small backpack for my switch+case with room for a few sandwiches and a pro controller. I like to hike and game this works out wonderfully.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

I think either way, they will flop. Anyone who wants the latest sports game will get it on Xbox or PS4. Anyone who gets the Switch version either isn't serious about sports games or they are a kid and the Switch is their only console and they sort of like sports games.

Or just want to buy one they can take on the go. Or dont get excited or know about the small installment upgrades

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye5drM5O0ic&t=284s
This looks loving terrible

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

disgaea 5 has English options in the Japanese eshop.

Anyone know more?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giCxx-s4Jek
WELL poo poo! Gonna have to get it tonight.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Any ideas why I can't pay with my credit card? Is this a normal problem with foreign transactions?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

SlayVus posted:

So if Disgaea 5 already has English text and voice acting, why isn't it available on the US eShop?

Pacing out titles.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Infinitum posted:

You want a game that only appeals to a somewhat small demographic competing against people purchasing Zelda?

Pace dat poo poo out yo.

Nobunaga's Ambition, and I think Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, is also out on the Japanese eShop.
They just love them some turn-based combat.

Listen, Zelda is demanding. Sometimes I need something real, real stupid.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Do you splatoon? If yes then start driving

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RXBSWGXE9AM3L/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01HEO7Z2U
3 Star Review on that Groosneck. Pic included only shows one star.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Louisgod posted:

20 is incredibly optimistic. I'm going with three.

We're 1/4th into 1. I don't know if I can stand 2.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Zelda's engine, Metroid's DNA.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Just guessing about E3/soon Directs for switch.

Smash Deluxe
Monster Hunter
Retro's new project (prime guys) the one thats been years in the makin
animal crossing
and some talk about how your phone can do poo poo for your switch like be its gps or somesuch

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

Splatoon was fun until you realized you paid $60 for three maps and even worse matchmaking

Can this poo poo just be banned to stop tricking less informed people? Save us all some time?

Splatoon is great and I plan on going to Madison WI just to hang out and play it with pals.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

HyperPuma posted:

do you know what matchmaking means

Going with yes

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

It was worth so much more to give me a team based shooter that didn't feel like I was playing a cover shooter or a COD wannabe.
It was very Fresh

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Its main premise of covering the map with your team's color more than your opponents do vs killcount is huge.
This leads to solving the issue with so many shooters when the only thing to do when you're not near someone is to go to where the action is or to camp for someone to come wandering.
You always have something to do, even with alone. Don't see anyone near you and your in enemy territory or neutral territory? Start painting it your color. People will come to stop you. The action will come to you.

This coupled with the weapons that don't feel like guns your used to and your primary objective directly ties to your only source of ammo and fast movement makes it a bigger evolution to shooters than TF2.

The Artistic direction and great music are icing on the cake.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

I'm probably the only one who is all enough to remember Nerf arena online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJyzp9YTSKo&t=10s

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Why is it laugh out loud? Tf2 was just TF polished and improved to a great degree, they made some brilliant decisions in character design and changes to health and teamwork. But it is TF2.

Where is Splatoon's TF1?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Stan Taylor posted:

This is a good bit

So reason is a "bit". Sure.

Having the arena being the main target is a very big change from shooter and team based or cover shooters.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

chaleski posted:

That looks cool as gently caress, but I hope there's more than 5 characters

Nintendo has quoted, and for what its worth at the switch event nintendo peeps said there is more to ARMS than the 5 characters.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Yeah, the drive back to the store to return it.

Jimmy Fallon needs you.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Man its weird how they kept releasing more maps for free. Gonna be weird that it keeps on like that with S2

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

that's just day 1+ DLC that's included in the sale price for some reason, doesn't affect the value of the game in any fashion whatsoever

You know that when the data isn't downloaded, is included with the game, and isn't charged for when its unlocked, that its not in fact DLC?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

HyperPuma posted:

when does virtual console come out

Go find out.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Neo geos already on

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Sorry it's popular and sells like hotcakes. You want coldcakes the mini Sega

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

120 hours on this game, and I've still got a laundry list of things to do. I'm just over the moon for this game. I can't wait for the holiday content. If they add a traditional dungeon I will die.

If it's just a twenty dollar unbreakable skateboard I'm fine with that.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

So case reviews/reccomendations?
So few in stock.
The Zelda CE freebie would get a solid C
Insides are fine, nothing to get excited about.
Externally I think the colorform shekia slate will fall off, it's a bit half assed

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Cool let's go explore and look at some interesting geometry I guess. Maybe you'll find a shrine but that's it. It's not like Skyrim where you can find a town and quests. At most you'll find a enemy camp and have to slog through the boring combat once again.

Stop trolling.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

If you you are afraid of using weapons in Zelda or are scared of the dock come to Something awful to moan is a good suggestion

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Huh?
Guess it was the old Switch thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769601&userid=109011&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post469516282

ARMS was great. Was responsive, and punished you for flailing

Upsidads fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Is it Troll'O'clock?
I actually played ARMS it was fun and cool
I don't know who "Me Jeff gerstmann" is nor do care.

• Locked thread