Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

ikanreed posted:

Why is it still impossible to find a switch for sale?

Because demand is greater than supply. It always is this early in a console's life. It has been out less than a month, ramping up production of a new consumer electronics product takes time.

Despite all of that, people keep popping into this thread saying they finally got one. So its not impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Pirate if you want to but stop loving justifying it and just do it, pussies.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

LLCoolJD posted:

My wife has it. I keep a separate non-Prime account for her presents. It's a flawed arrangement.

ddogflex posted:

I use my wife's prime and just tell her DON'T LOOK. And she doesn't look. Works out.

You can share a Prime account with another adult in your household. Both accounts get all the benefits, but you can't see each other's purchases and stuff.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Bloodplay it again posted:

Prime was great when you could split it with 3-4 other people for $20/yr but paying the full Prime price now isn't worth it unless you buy a ton from them every year. I used it primarily for video games and the drastic jump in price ($10.99/mo? :lol: even yearly is $100 if you pay in full) means you need to buy 8-9 $60 games every calendar year to save the cost of Prime. GCU at Best Buy is $30 for two years (less than 3 full-priced titles in two years to recoup buy-in) and doesn't end after the game has been on sale for 2 weeks like Amazon. I had Prime for almost 10 years straight but recently dropped it because Amazon's customer service blows and haven't looked back. Plus, it's frustrating that Amazon won't get their poo poo together to rid the site of third-party scammers.

Amazon's still great if you live in the boonies but if you're even remotely close to a Best Buy, I've had much better experiences ditching Amazon altogether for video games.

I mean, sure, if Amazon Prime was only good for discounts on video games, then yeah, your price breakdown makes sense. But, there's like a ton of other benefits to it, not the least of which is evident in this very thread on this very day....they're selling their Switch stock to Prime members only.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
The future is hacking your video game console to pretend you own the children's toy figurine instead of actually owning the children's toy figurine.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Some guy ordered Nintendo's brand new, ground breaking, impossible to find home console on Amazon. He received it, but it appears to have been shipped from 2006:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

fivegears4reverse posted:

Tell me about this wii u to 3ds to switch service that doesn't exist

It's just as real as VC on the Switch at this point.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

If Nintendo's going to leave a fuckton of money on the table by underproducing $15 trinkets and leaving them unobtainable except through scalpers and ridiculous markups I don't know why it matters tbh

they may not be robin hood but while you can make the argument of "not buying music on itunes affects the livelihood of the artists", the only people being bitten by this are scalpers and i'm not gonna lose any sleep over that

They print money with Amiibo, what the gently caress are you talking about lol.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

If a significant number of people are willing to buy amiibos for $50+ (and even with that can't because the amiibos just don't exist), that's money that would be going to Nintendo but is going to someone else (or nobody) instead.

I mean, unless the scalpers are all secretly employed by nintendo i guess

They're collectibles. They're only sought after if they're rare.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
More like adweebo. :smug:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
You know why I think the Switch will outsell the Wii? Because I am actually contemplating buying a second Switch to make things like playing Mario Kart at family parties and stuff more fun. Between that and the 3DS model of "let's make a new special edition and/or hardware revision every 6 months" means that people will end up with more than one Switch.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Mega64 posted:

And to think people are saying Nintendo's hosed after they sell a Switch to every person in the world.

I'm thinking at least 2 per person. What's that, like 15 billion Switches?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

Was her boyfriend cute? Did he get in on the action or was he the kind of guy who just likes to watch his gf have fun?

Dude got Switch cucked at the dealership.

More like Mario Cuck.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

ok but really why no new NBA Jam

I'm not even sure who owns it. Midway is defunct, so is Acclaim.

Is it Warner Bros?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Man I am not good at drifting in MK8. I always end up oversteering the curve. I've tried different karts, different wheels, 150cc, 200cc. I can't get that like turbo boost at all.

Any tips?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Hey guys i figured out drifting. Turns out I was just doing it wrong like a big dumb idiot. Welp. That was embarrassing. Also this game is a lot more fun now.

Mahoning fucked around with this message at 06:27 on May 8, 2017

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Drunk Tomato posted:

It's really pretty awesome. The sword fighting game really feels like you are blocking a sword. The marble rolling is awesome, and so is the dice shaking.

Don't forget the safe cracking game.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

The majority of core titles are still going to be 50 to 60 dollars, because it's a home console.

That depends. Imagine if they were going to release, let's say, a sequel to Link Between Worlds on the Switch. Would it be priced at $60 or would it be priced closer to Link Between Worlds? Switch becoming the de facto portable console doesn't mean that all games will instantly be cheaper.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Soon my toaster is gonna need the occasional firmware update

Toaster firmware version 1.2
-fixed problem where setting the toaster to 3 resulted in warm bread and setting it to 4 resulted in burned toast.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Use of the spinner requires a fidget spinner Amiibo.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Saying Galaxy did everything M64 did but better is ludicrous since it doesn't do AT ALL the one thing that M64 is known for and pioneered: 3D open world gaming. Galaxy is closer in concept to Super Mario 3D World than M64. Odyssey is continuing along the 3D open world gaming path of M64 and Sunshine.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Can Nintendo just rejuvenate the New Super Mario Bros series by incorporating all of the elements from SMB2? It's the stepchild of Mario games.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Nintendo Switch Thread: I bought that game a decade ago for 25 cents!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Is the UK SNES Classic PAL? If so, do all these people in the US realize they won't be able to use it?

PAL is an analog standard and is no longer really relevant for any new hardware except when referring to PAL regions. The SNES Classic uses HDMI not RCA or any other analog technology.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

how does everyone pronounce ARMS

I yell it since its in all caps.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I played the test punch and I had fun, but I also have no urge to continue playing it because it wasn't amazing and I don't feel like I'd get a ton out of it. But I don't normally like fighting games.

Conversely, I played the Splatoon 2 test fire and had a ton of fun and can't wait for it to come out.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

He's probably lying in an effort to save face as the entire internet tells him how badly he hosed up.

Nah, Nintendo games are worth a lot, even at GameStop. I got like $270 or so back in February for maybe 15 Wii and 3DS games. And they pretty much were all Mario and Zelda games.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I did this last week trying to desperately sell a ton of junk and old consoles but got lucky and ended up with like 85% bonus store credit, nearly $500. It was really weird, I walked in expecting way less than $200. I don't know what I'm going to do with $500 in gamestop bucks.

Buy a bunch of eshop credit. That's what I did.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Wandle Cax posted:

I'd see a doctor if i were you

Clearly you've never taken a vitamin B supplement. Turns your piss the color of highlighter ink.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Everyone should buy a screen protector for their Switch. And also a fanny pack and pocket protector too.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Are there any great eshop multi player games right now? Obviously Snipperclips, but I'm trying to find something to play in short bursts with 8 year olds that isn't Mario Kart or ARMS. There's a lot of good stuff on the eshop but it seems mainly single player. (and Fast RMX but that didn't appeal to them on Wii U.)

Puyo Puyo Tetris is fun but maybe not 8 year old fun.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Just a reminder of how terrible the Wii U was...

The Switch version of Breath of the Wild would be the 9th best selling Wii U game of all time with it's March sales numbers alone.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dizz posted:

Only thing WiiU provides over Switch [currently] is the Miiverse.

Are you trying to imply that dual-screen gaming is not the future?!

In all seriousness though, at least the Wii U has a virtual console. I'm secretly happy there's no VC on the Switch yet because I'd be spending so much goddamn money.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
That did say that there's another free demo next weekend right? I was only half paying attention.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

EpicNemesis posted:

Someone TL;DW the direct for me.

Stardew Valley being released today worldwide for $5.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol the virtual console is already on your switch, RIGHT NOW.

https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/status/883085036374851585

Flog, like Floggin the Dolphin....get it?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Cheesecake is the only truly great cake. But it is technically more of a pie than a cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Maybe we just need to wait for Pearl to.......come out of her shell? :c00lbert:

• Locked thread