Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
uh there are dozens of people in this thread jazzed about a new lovely sonic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

what about the mario equivalent of sonic 2006

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Beastie posted:

Yeah why isn't Nintendo making 4k 120fps console/games makes you think.

Oh yeah because they've realized that only turbo nerds care about that poo poo. It's you. You are the rear end in a top hat turbo nerd.

why do you keep posting stuff like this

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i am also normal and care about normal people things

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i often wonder, when will the nintendo switch be able to play the vast library of old nintendo classics?

is this normal?

do normal people want to play old mario games at home and on the go?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

The Wii U looked like the original Wii, and had almost the same name. Shoppers assumed it was just an updated Wii and passed on it. Informed gamers didnt buy it because it didnt have a killer app. Avid gamers passed on it when they learned that the tablet controller with the big screen was a cocktease. The switch is a correction of all those mistakes, and it's what gamers wanted the Wii U to be.

Historically, many consoles that launched with a killer app went on to have great runs. Atari and Pong. Super Mario and NES, Sonic and Genesis, Super Mario 64 and N64, Soul Calibur and Dreamcast (Dont start with me), Halo and Xbox, Wii Sports and Wii, now Breath Of The Wild and Switch.

I appaud Nintendo for having the nuts to try new things. Even when they fail miserably, like the virtual boy, they have a good cry, listen to some Fleetwood Mac, and they pick up the pieces and continue on and redeem the poo poo out of themselves and make a hit product like the DS Lite and Wii. They hosed up with the Wii U, and now they are redeeming themselves again.

The key to its success is for Nintendo to get games that take advantage of the hybrid design. The fact that a handheld can transform into a stationary display with 2 gamepads is so loving cool. People are going to have LAN matches on planes.

i think the nintendo switch is a turd to be honest

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/nmspitzel/status/842044491024461824

Despite the price increase compared to the other ports, this one is in my list of 2017 anticipated games.

why?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Again you're wrong and purposely bait-trolling the thread. Can you stop being a dickhead?

Here are the maps from launch + maps added afterwards
http://splatoon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Maps

Splatoon had incredible post-launch support with Nintendo constantly updating it with more and more maps and weapons.

Matchmaking was perfectly fine as well. Goons organised fairly well to team up with one another and had a blast playing it.

Splatoon was one of the best games you could own for the WiiU, and it's going to be one of the best games you can own on the Switch.

do you know what matchmaking means

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

when does virtual console come out

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i couldnt find it

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

im only interested in virtual nintendo consoles

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i thought gamecube was coming to the switch virtual console?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

gamecube vc was rumored to be coming to wiiu too. thats worrying :(

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Mahoning posted:

Cool. Thanks for letting us know.

why are you so defensive about literally everything

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

it seems insane to me to allow cartridge games to force a download when you only give people 32 gb of storage. i wonder if this will be widespread

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

at least it will probably be discounted since they didnt have to pay for bigger sd cards

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Stan Taylor posted:

Is there a source for the "bigger carts cost devs more money" claims or is it wild speculation?

games that are getting a physical release cost more on the switch than other platforms, so it seems thats the most likely explanation

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

can you really blame wb? isnt nintendo in control of how poo poo comes out on their console? why would they even allow such a thing

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

why? they saw an opportunity to make a buck and took it. what happened to the nintendo seal of quality

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Mahoning posted:

This is a low effort shitpost, even by your shitposting standards.

i honestly dont understand. you think nintendo deserves no blame for allowing this?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

do you think wb pulled a fast one on nintendo and now theyre all like oh wow those guys... thats not consumer friendly.. ugh but our hands are tied

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

can you explain how in your mind nintendo did nothing wrong

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Takoluka posted:

Emulation of a system that has been out for less than a month is pretty lovely, primarily because people aren't doing it for any reason other than to stick it to Nintendo somehow. Like, based on what I see online, there are people who want to spend literally hundreds of hours playing Nintendo exclusives while jacking themselves off to the thought that they didn't pay for any of them out of spite. Emulation of a system in 2017 is way less about randoms learning system infrastructure for homebrew and more about trying to get in on fandom discussion about how Breath of the Wild is just okay and not reeeeally worth $60 that they totally spent. Emulation as a concept is not a bad thing, but emulation as an execution is a piracy gateway for the extreme majority of people. When someone says they have an emulator, they're not saying "I have a PC program that simulates a system." They're saying "I downloaded Wind Waker and modded it with Dolphin, so I don't have to buy the HD one."

lmao

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

eonwe posted:

nintendo release some fuckin snes games on the switch

:yeah:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

the grey switch appears to be in stock on amazon right now btw

e; looks like prime exclusive

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i heard the new battle mode isnt last man standing?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i wish the nintendo switch could play old nintendo games

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

seems like nintendo jumped the gun on their manufacturing increase if the second wave of consoles is already sitting on shelves unsold

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

White Chocolate posted:

I can't seem to find one anywhere so?

try going to a store and looking

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

didnt someone in this very thread have to send their switch to get repaired because the screen got dislodged

but nah it must be crab hands

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

super mario world when?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

cool. more piracy talk

what is it with this thread

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

if nintendo made super mario world for the switch i wouldnt have to worry about audio lag because the switch has a screen

i could also play multiplayer over the internet

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Bread Set Jettison posted:

What else is good on switch. How long till arms/kart/etc. Im done with zelda now.

some day the faithful will be rewarded with the most accurate emulation of super mario world ever created

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

mario kart comes out end of april fudster

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

my switch is bend and wobble free

glad i waited and got the second run that doesnt have all these defects

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i think a basketball game is coming

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

id really like a well done mario golf but i worry after seeing the half assed job they did with the latest mario tennis

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

ethanol posted:

Wtf is this poo poo

how many amiibi do you own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

are mass produced plastic videogame figurines art?

• Locked thread