Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

HyperPuma posted:

is there any games for the switch besides zelda

e; single player games

Oh for sure man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

i beat the snipper clip demo solo since i'm the only one awake right now. it was ok. i don't think its a particularly good game to own without a crew to play it with but i can see it being good for a couple plays with the right people and some drinks. the faces are very cute so thats a plus.

not really interested in getting the full version. the joycons feel like total rear end to use individually so a short tech demo to show my wife and whoever comes by is all i'm gonna use it for.

also i play the demo at 75% screen brightness, low volume, wifi on and it ate 10% of my battery in about 10 minutes

they probably should have gone with a 480p screen guys.
Nintendo turd

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

beergod posted:

Are *all* Best Buys and Walmarts doing 12AM releases without preorders?

No

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Walmart still hasn't shipped mine.

I had to use my vacation days to get this weekend off. If this shipment is late, I basically won't get to try out my Switch until next year. Nintendo fucks me again.

I'm glad you learned your lesson

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I got a switch without a preorder this morning suck it thread

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Zeldas good. I'm getting really excited as I play because it's so good

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Hopefully this feeling lasts longer than 5 min

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

Holy poo poo zelda is so good. The console itself is loving amazing for a handheld, and I can't wait for nintendo to kill the 3ds and capcom start making Monster Hunter games for this.

The joycons are actually perfect for me, but I'm short and have tiny hands so. I guess I lucked out on the genepool there. :unsmith:

I need this to happen like now

I also want to report I have no joycon issues and the grip is comfortable for me

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

Anyway Zelda is fun af and I'm gonna play it basically all weekend.

Same

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

It's noticeable to me but in the same way as bloodborne not detracting from the game experience. Someday in the distant future in my switch 3.0 I hope to play the 60 fps hd botw remake same as bloodborne but for now I'm enjoying it

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Tomahawk posted:

This might as well be the Zelda thread do you expect me to believe anyone is playing other games on the Nintendo Zeldabox

It's more of slab than a box

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I don't have problems since there's nothing to play online or download but the wifi signal strength meter shows weaker than everything else in my house which is impressive for a 2017 tablet

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Imagine the look of envy on your neighbors face as slight turbulence knocks over the switch

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'm really glad after all the reviews I read saying the joycon grip was bad that it fits perfectly in my hands and I I also don't have the desync issue

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Standing in line at ToysRUs. They have a sign out front saying 15 Neon and 20 Grey, one per customer.

How long have you/ do you need to wait

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Opens in one hour. I'm #3 in line, so I'm golden.

When I waited at Best Buy on launch day, they came out and handed out tickets at 9:00 am for the 10 am opening and said we could come back anytime before noon. Only needed to wait about 30 min. They were out of tickets by the time I came back to pick it up. Was nice of that guy since it was cold as gently caress. I left and went to get a coffee

Edit: they had 60 switches

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I feel sorry for anybody using the Netflix app on a Nintendo

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The last thing I want to play on the switch is dark souls. Bring me the hd Zelda remakes windwaker and twilight princess and make this a true Zelda box

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

eonwe posted:

heres what I did last night

I made a journey from zora land (which I havent even done anything in yet) to Akkala

and I made my way up to meet an NPC I had a quest for an activate the tower

between that and my exploring along the way it took up my whole night

i made almost no progress and just explored and had a great time

Man I have such a great time when I play this game. I've been lost from the main quest for like 3 real days and I refuse to read where to go next because exploring this map is the most fun ive had exploring in any open world game ever

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I have a n3ds and a switch and I like both :cool:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I think people are very confident that Mario will be good and are also impulsive consumers. with Zelda being perfect Nintendo has the upper ground

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I think a lot of people either didn't buy the Wii U, don't have Wii U's anymore or traded them for the switch. Will be interesting to see which system sells more copies instead of speculate though

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I know people want new games but I still strongly desire a port of super Mario 3d world, that's a really fun game

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Exchange you desyncing joycons while you still have consumer rights during your return period

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Hyperpuma wants a switch so bad

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

So I exchanged my joycons. It was in fact snapping in the wrist straps the wrong way that make the joycons have a little wobble when in handheld mode. The new joycons have two distinct plastic bumps that on the old joycon, were completely obliterated by the wrist strap removal.

New joycons are indeed rock solid and very clearly is not imagination. Just hope these ones don't have desync issues

Rip to all the people who broke their joycons on day 1

Well back too Zelda

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Switch owns, I switch way more than I ever thought I would. And it turns out I never am going to play handheld mode for more than 3.5 hours at a time, so I haven't even run a full charge cycle yet

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

All that polished stone. Man, whoever built them sure wanted to gently caress over exploring elves.

I've heard Steve jobs tomb is only accessible with the iPhone of time cook

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

Anyone else's joycons a bit wiggly in handheld mode? I noticed a very slight shifting in mine, did some poking and it turns out the bottom of the plastic rail on my left joycon wiggles a bit. It's very slight but if I'm shifting the console in my hands I can sometimes feel it and it makes a slight creaking. The right joycon also wiggles but it's barely noticeable unless I'm actively trying to detect it.

Is this normal? Did I loosen it? I've held the Switch in one hand now and then when checking my phone or having a drink, but I don't think I was putting too much pressure on that joycon.

Omg I was typing my post about this exact thing :argh:

You described exactly what happens to the joycons if you put the wrist strap on backwards. Hard to believe but yeah this really is what happens. There should be two little nubs that keep the joycon from wobbling. Putting on he wrist strap backwards will shear away those nubs.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

My mother said cnet was an unspeakable word

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

Someone play those fighting games with the split JoyCons and report back how terrible it is

also try using the 'dpad' in combined mode

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

eonwe posted:

hey guys i think the switch is good

same

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

dont put your wrist straps in backwards if u want your joycons to not 'suddenly become loose'

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

LethalGeek posted:

To be fair it's stupid easy to do that. Actually I did let me test how much I hosed them up, cause I think my 2nd pair of joycons is on the switch not the initial ones I oopsied.

Nah all 4 cons are good. Idk I guess I knew I hosed up and took my time undoing it.

ya i did it too, i already exchanged that set for new ones

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I open palm slam my switch into the dock every morning. I do the moves right there with the main character

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Hello Nintendo yes my dog ate the switch and it's your fault

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

He may be experiencing an earth quake because my joycons are def off in dock mode

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

So the joycon uses gyro controls instead of the wiimote method of IR pointer AND gyros...right? So unless they made some mysterious advances I would expect the joycon to be not as good for pointing since the I think main problem with gyros is they lose calibration very easily. But the joycon seems to work alright for aiming in botw.

What with the ir light on the back of the joycon and why is it there/pointing the wrong way ?

Curious about all this because I haven't heard a firm answer on whether they could make something like skyward sword or sm galaxy work on this console

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

It's worked fine with all of my weird hdmi cables

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'm getting on a plane immediately

• Locked thread