Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

anyone know if dqh1+2 on the jp eshop has an option for english text?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

my walmart preorder got delayed earlier too, getting $20 back for the delay. it said the delivery date would be the 7th until it processed last night and jumped to the 3rd though, nbd though.

i'm amazed the one i did through gamestop's website turned out to be the best option.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i really like my switch.

baram. fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 5, 2017

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

things i like about the switch:
the screen is nice
the console itself feels good to hold
the ui is simplistic and quick
it's small
being able to jump from tv to console is seamless. this idea interested me in the wii u initially until i learned it wasn't fully compatible like the switch.
the removal of region locking!!

things i don't like:
the joycons are a little small. when using the right one and hitting buttons my finger routinely brushes against the analog stick. and trying to do things like run + pan the camera in zelda can be awkward. using it in handheld mode it doesn't really mess me up though, but the grip / just holding a joycon in each hand didn't work so well.

the dock being able to scratch the console.

not being able to put some skins on it to prevent the above.

lack of some software stuff on the os, no video recording it seems, no streaming from console though that may not change.

basically the things i don't like are all easily fixed or will be in the Nintendo New Switch so i'm happy about this.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

trip report: amfilm glass screen protector

first one got 2 nice bubbles in it that i couldn't work out because the glass protectors are too thick to easily push them. it also fit perfectly along the top edge but was maybe 1/8th inch short of the edge on the bottom.

second one got some nice bubbles in it i couldn't get out.

the hori was better.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

parallelodad posted:

Aren't those air permeable so the air bubbles should work themselves out in a few hours?

not according to anything on the amazon listing or the paperwork i skimmed through.

hatty posted:

All screen protectors are trash

this is how i felt but even more trash is scratching up a $300 device when i use it as intended. guess i'll just go dockless until someone makes a worthwhile third party dock for it.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

parallelodad posted:

I'm not sure if it's the same brand but when I put one on my iPad there were bubbles and then the next day there weren't any bubbles anymore.

if that's the case it sure would've been nice for them to say so, that way i wouldn't have trashed them both after getting bubbles. to even get them to move at all i had to apply enough pressure that the screen color was distorting and i wasn't too comfortable with that. the lower one would push out the bottom edge but in 5-10 seconds it'd fill back up with air.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

a pro controller is good but i don't think i'd drive more than maybe 30 miles for one.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

who? what? it's 2 dudes sitting infront of a monitor while holding up a laptop in front of it, one of which is playing a stream of their stream. why does this have 10k viewers

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i regret asking

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

efb

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i did one game in portable with gyro on because i assumed i'd be able to change the controls in match and it was terrible.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

nintendo monetized cheat codes.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i got an alert for that price drop but i'm trying to hold out for the 200gb. it was real cheap ($50?) on cyber monday but nothing close since.
:(

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

blaster master 0

and shovel knight

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

TFRazorsaw posted:

I mean what specific department? Is there an email? A phone number?

just call and ask for my uncle.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yo if you're an idiot like me and know nothing about Mario Kart: Doing the Grand Prix in 150cc will copy over any stars down to 100 & 50 cc.

which game started this? haven't played since double dash and didn't get too into that one but this is dope.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Policenaut posted:

They're probably in a parking lot.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

can you import demo data into the game on release?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Pureauthor posted:

How they gonna port Etrian Odyssey tho'

use the companion phone app to display minimap

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

we'll get destiny 2 on the switch, and it will be the first dock mode only game.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i wish we'd get another tennis with rpg stuff like the gameboy (color?) one.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Target is selling Switch + Zelda + Mario Kart bundles

I'm sold

they have this online right now too.

https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-174-switch-153-with-gray-joy-con-153-starter-bundle/-/A-52525980

$500 with botw, mk8, pro controller, and a carrying case

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Beastie posted:

Seriously. I'm stoked for Odyssey but at this point I want a few surprises left for when I actually play the game.

you don't have to watch every teaser they release.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

theres a whole nintendo discord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Zelder posted:

128 gb sd card or 200 gb? choices, choices

amazon has a 256gb on sale for $104 if you have prime today.

https://smile.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDXC-Standard-Packaging-SDSQUNC-064G-GN6MA/dp/B01IC0GJKE/

• Locked thread