Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im getting one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Goobs posted:

get to play for a few hours tomorrow before my shift, but ill be playing it as soon as i get home. hype

lets be switch multi buddies when splatoon comes out

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Went to get my pre-ring done so I can get in and out super fast at Gamestop. At 6pm there was a huge line of people even though the store only has 8 consoles and one dude in a truck was basically doing doughnuts while screaming "I'LL GIVE 100 BUCKS TO WHOEVER GIVES ME THEIR SPOT IN LINE."

Can't wait to go up there in a couple hours again and see if anythings changed!!

almost through prering myself

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
30 more minutes

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I had to go to bed right after I bought my switch last night

this is going to be such a long day at work omg

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The best buy near me had 50 extra :)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh my god please end workday

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
got me a new gangtag

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
guys i like the switch and hope to play it shortly

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
do they use the same AC adapter as the wii u

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

I imagine my odds of getting a Switch on the wa y home from work, pre-order free, are pretty goddamn slim. But I waaant oonnnnee. :smithicide:

my local target and best buys have one

does amazon prime now service your city? same day delivery

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im really excited to get home yall

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
1 1/2 hours till I can go home and play my switch :3:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:thinking:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey yall, the switch is good.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my wife had to go up to work and instead of being an rear end in a top hat and staying at home i spent time with her at the office. while playing zelda. :smug:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

glassyalabolas posted:

nowinstock.net

Word on the street is Target and Toysrus are gonna have some for sale tomorrow, Sunday.

yes they should. they apparently held their neons for sunday morning because they advertised availability for this week.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also how is shovel knight on the switch.. i own it on PC obvs but wanted to see if it felt good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Pirate Captain posted:

Yeah, it's good. You can use the left buttons as a dpad so can be more precise than the stick. I already have it for PC & PS4, but it plays as good here as it does on either of them.

sweet thx

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can we have a google doc in the 2nd post with friend codes

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BambooEarpick posted:

Hey man, I followed your harrowing journey of not having a Switch pre-order. Just wanted to say that I'm glad you found one. Also, gently caress you for finding one.

:negative:

:3: thank you!!!!!!

you'll get one soon good luck!!!!!

if your city has amazon prime now, try that too. also toys r us and target will probably have some tomorrow morning.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

It is ridiculous how good Zelda is

ya

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mdemone posted:

Okay goddamnit. I know BOTW is good.

But the acid test: is it better than Ocarina?

ya

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mdemone posted:

The former, for sure. Because that was the best they could do at the time.

The reality of playing OOT now isn't fair to it; our expectations have understandably taken leaps and bounds in the 20 years since. My question could be put better: "Is playing BOTW in 2017 better than playing OOT was in 1998?"

yes it is

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its a legit impressive game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
splatoon was insanely good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yall breath of the wild is good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
heres what I did last night

I made a journey from zora land (which I havent even done anything in yet) to Akkala

and I made my way up to meet an NPC I had a quest for an activate the tower

between that and my exploring along the way it took up my whole night

i made almost no progress and just explored and had a great time

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ethanol posted:

Man I have such a great time when I play this game. I've been lost from the main quest for like 3 real days and I refuse to read where to go next because exploring this map is the most fun ive had exploring in any open world game ever

awesome :)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

There have been lots of questions the last few days on what case to get. I picked this one up the other day and I love it. This is the PDP Nintendo Switch Starter Kit, in Mario graphics. It runs 29.99 and I got mine in Gamestop.

The case is a thick molded vinyl and it feels rugged enough that you can throw the Switch in a bag or something and not worry about it like one of the soft cases. It has room to hold a few accessories in there, like the included ear buds and screen cloth. It has a strap to secure the Switch and an additional padded middle section (which can store game carts) to keep the console from rubbing your accessories. I like the included screen protector as well. They make it in several designs. The kit also includes JoyCon covers, but those feel like garbage so I don't have them on.

I have one of these cases for my N3DS and its served me well for several years, so I see no reason why this won't do the same. So yeah, there you go for those wondering. I really like it!

i have this case. its good :)

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sounds like you're playing the game the wrong way, idiot. Go watch some Twitch streams.

Called every store in a 50 mile radius this morning. No switches but Targets around here may get some tomorrow?

good luck on getting a switch

enojy posted:

That's what I did last night. But at like 11 PM I was like OK, I've got like 2 hours, I can go to (first dungeon) now. I've got enough hearts, food's good, weapons good... Next thing I know, it's 1 AM, and I've got a friendly NPC telling me I'm about halfway there. I forgot, the trek to Zelda dungeons are usually dungeons on their own.

it feels properly like an adventure. i remember getting zelda 1 and seeing that cover and its like. thats what this game really is. its great

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im excited to get home and play zelda

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i bought this thing and it seems really good. i wouldn't go around dropping it but I wouldn't feel like it would break right off either

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/nintendo-switch-starter-kit-mario-edition/140256

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
heres a usecase

*points to dilz*

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ill show you something that you can drill

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thats a cool collection

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FireMrshlBill posted:

Ok, last big picture post. But I am posting this here since I am avoiding the Zelda thread for spoilers, but my strategy guide came in today (yes, I see the irony in this sentence). It looks great and comes with a cool map. Definitely some good shelf candy and something to flip through to put next to Hyrule Historia.

I like it :)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nephzinho posted:

Has anyone actually played Bomberman yet? Middling reviews on metacritic, mine is still in the wrap.

Its fine, its literally bomberman

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey guys blaster master zero tomorrow

live it love it

be the blaster master

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy