Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

After waiting all day with UPS telling me it would deliver Monday. It just update to say tomorrow :toot: I don't have to go to a midnight launch and play the return game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Mahoning posted:

Like 95% of all the poo poo I've ever ordered from Amazon has been delivered through USPS. I'm pretty sure that's their primary shipping partner.

Ups and fedex have contracts with usps to finish delivery. So they might ups to your town then go with the mailman to you.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

FAST RMX

IT'S THE INDIE F-ZERO CLONE NOBODY TOLD YOU ABOUT

Is this day one?

Getting Zelda physical. Snipperclips and this asap. It looks really fun.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Zelda BOTW is incredible you guys.

Just spent hours doing absolutely nothing and had an absolute blast.
All the little things about this game are just going to blow your mind once you get your hands on it.
The spirit of wonder and exploration is back. My god is it back :allears:

Will post a 1-2-Switch trip report as well later, as my Niece was over and we played through all 28 games.

For now tho, I need sleeep

Got a tldr on 12 switch?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Honest question, how long does it take to download the day 1 patch for the console and Zelda? I just want to get into this ASAP and decides if I sleep tonight or not

Also got an email from my gamestop saying they wouldn't do a midnight release but when I called they said they totally would so who should I believe

Call the store after normal closing time and see if anyone answers the phone.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I here the joycons aren't comfortable in the grip being perfectly parallel. I wonder if a 3rd party grip could improve the ergonomics. I always used grips on my 3ds because the thinness hurt after a while.

I'll wait on a charging grip to see what comes out.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

a.lo posted:

if you got 47 preorders and some other guy 8 preorders than that is more than 50 switches

Interested to see if you can solve that 4th grade word problem.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Went to walmart before coming to work to snag a pro controller. Did so. Guy working said they had more people waiting in line than stock they got for the midnight launch which was 'a bunch'. People started lining up at 8PM, He was surprised that MOST people didn't buy Zelda or any game, and only 2 people bought pro controllers.

So add to the anecdote list.
1. Its selling well. And not in the NES Classic we sold all 4 we put on the shelf sense.
2. Lots of people going digital.

VVV Kismet Post :same:goon

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 3, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Was this through Amazon? Mine is still showing as preparing shipment and chat rep said it's still guaranteed for delivery today. :ohdear:

Are you in a big city with same day amazon? I used to live in San Diego last year and if I ordered something by 11AM it would show up at about 7:00 that night. If they have that infrastructure near you then good news bad news, its gonna be in the evening.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Louisgod posted:

Everything I'm reading suggests people are having no problem getting the console if they wander in when the store opens.

Love how the ARTIFICIAL SCARCITY crowd is all crickets right now, pretty clear Nintendo isn't in the business of losing business

YMMV, I went to snag a pro controller from walmart and they were sold out of the console at midnight. My area has like 2 places you could buy one and one was sold out.
But every thing Im reading is stores getting 50, not 3 like the NES classic. Which I don't get, I though Nintendo was supposed to be getting rich by not selling things? Oh wait artificial scarcity is stupid as poo poo.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Is there a ps4 rest mode equivalent on switch? ITs a very convenient feature especially for a tablet to just sleep and jump back in right where I was.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

KingSlime posted:

So what's the walk into a store and get a Switch situation like?

I may get one like a dumb child if it's easy to snag one, or of it restocks on the reg in the next few weeks....god drat it why did zelda have to turn out so good

YMMV, some areas sold out, some have lots. Call around. Try walmarts.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Rocket league had lobbies and infrastructure for normal online play it just got overrun and exposed as bugged at launch . Frmx sound like they launched with nothing but quickplay even built.

Lobbies and stuff in general, are tied to the network phone integration stuff that doesn't exist yet. (Lol at that) but I would assume it will get lobbies and matchmaking when they, you know, exist on the system. They might not want to waste resources build something they don't have to, or it might not eve be possible to do that stuff until later.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Infinitum did a mini review a few pages back.

Made me want it more. But like for $15-20 instead of the $0 I was willing to pay before. Hoping it gets bundled with some joycons so I can have 4 for rooftop parties.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Out for delivery, finially. Now as long as they actually accept my authorized leave it at my door instead of just tapping the missed you notice on my door without knocking I will be happy.

Calaveron posted:

And now I'm paranoid because I left my switch charging undocked that it might burst into flames

What?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Harrow posted:

I do wonder when stores will have Switches available again--like, whether we're talking weeks or months. I know I'm going to want a Switch eventually, so I'm tempted to wait to play Zelda until I get it if it's only going to be a couple weeks to a month. At the same time, I don't know how Nintendo's doing things this time and maybe they're just going to drip-feed out consoles for a while so as not to produce more supply than there's demand for? I dunno.

Its a Nintendo handheld(sortof) If you aren't getting now Id wait for the switch lite.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

still no switch but bomberman and zelda just came and neither cart has any sort of taste

???

Serious? Or reverse troll. Or its the taste in general a big troll? I don't know whats real anymore. Gonna lick Zelda.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

khy posted:

Please convince me not to buy a switch right now and why waiting would be better

Switch Lite coming in 2 years with a shitload of games available.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Hows shovel knight coop work? I wanna play with my 6 year old but she will die a lot, is there punishment for 1 player dying?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

It's in the hardware per FCC filings. Nothing to do with software.

No, we know they put in a lovely antenna. If the transmitter is still only at 50% you can still make it better by firmware update.

We know the why, but nothing about their ability to fix it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Delivered, now its almost time, end work END.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Calaveron posted:

The N64, GameCube and wiiu didn't get hardware revisions did they?

Every single handheld has though.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah actually I wouldn't say a revision is for sure coming because they seem to be backing off this thing being a DS replacement but that just makes me less likely to ever want to buy one assuming a lot of the hardware probs I'm hearing about are real.

Naw the DS was going to be "The third pillar" alongside the Gameboy and tv consoles. Then it took the gently caress off and bye bye Gameboy. It will take a whole lot of success for this to replaces the 3ds but its not impossible. And you should for sure not take their word for it.

A tablet device screams revision. If they can combine some cards and squeeze more room for more battery life I fully expect that to happen.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Pappyland posted:

Are brickseek numbers accurate at the moment? Does my local Wal-Mart really have 80-someodd switches in stock still?

Stock systems usually update one a day, at night. Or they used to years ago. Might be pre-midnight launch numbers. Just call man.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Grimes posted:

Careful sliding the switch in the dock, I guess, or get a screen protector. Why did they make the screen plastic?

Not cool.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Hell yeah this is great. I.put Zelda in set it up and did stuff. It did automatically download the patch. It gave me the option when I tried to open it. Weird.

Loging in and buying SC was the easiest its ever been to buy a nintendo thing online. Downloads are blazing compared to psn I'm used to.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Feenix posted:

Only 6 reviews on that Hori on Amazon, but some pretty damning words.

I put one on mine before o tuened it on. Worked great. Whats the complaints? I got the one the was like $3 more.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Rabid Snake posted:

The scratches is more of an OCD thing. With tempered glass, there's not much downsides to slapping one on besides :10bux:

Resale value for when I upgrade to a switch lite in 2 years.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Holy poo poo Zelda. This is the game ive been waiting for since I bought a launch WiiU.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Wheany posted:

Has any site done a teardown of the dock yet?

Is this a joke or have you not looked at dock yet?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

drat individual joycons are poo poo. So small even with the attachment.

I want some 3rd party fat ones.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Design flaw. I'm doing store stuff from couch with pro controller. Hit the home button and it launches back into snipperclips. Home button won't respond because snipperclips doesn't use pro.

Have to walk across the room to back out of snipperclips.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Cyron posted:

I am returning my PS4 to get a switch when it get more in stock. the PS4 is a piece of poo poo and the negative view of the switch from fat gently caress Jim sterling and his retarded fans brainwatched me to not even be hype for zelda. FORGIVE ME NINTENDO I HAVE SINNED!

i brought zelda on wiiu and will gladly buy it again on switch to play it in bed this game deserve double dipping.

anyways i am done with crazy zealot rantings.

so i going to wait next pay check so with that and the money from the ps4 i should get the system with zelda, pro controller and maybe mario kart when it out. what are some launch day flaws goons can say about the system?

Ps4 is good.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Zelda is cool where it not only lets you go straight to the end if you have the balls, it loving gives you it as a quest to temp you/dare you to try itso drat good. As if people (me) didnt believe you could from preview talk. It honestly sounded like some developer brag. drat.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Homebrew when? Wanna have portable Secret of Mana (Again)

You have a cellphone.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Kawabata posted:

nah, even though it took 3 years the ps4 is pretty amazing now

And Horizon Zero Dawn just completed the trifecta with Zelda and Witcher 3 for open world game domination.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Housh posted:

Zelda is amazing. What else is must have at launch??

Snipperclips if you have a friend in your life. Fast fmx if you like racing things.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Hori update

Played Zelda for 3 hours straight docked. Hori screen protector looks good as new. My switch didnt feel hot at all.

Maybe some are not cooling properly? Someone in thread said there's got real hot. Louisgod maybe?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Finally got my HORI screen protector.

It's a loving POS. Not at all like other ones. They usually have a tab to stick to the screen so you can get things lined up. Then a split backing and then a top layer.

This one: just two backings, one is about 15% of the thing the other 85%. Nothing to get it centered. Just an absolute piece of trash. Going to send it back for a refund.

The strange thing is that the youtube vid about the protector is just like the normal ones. I seriously don't get this.

Mine was not like that at all. Did you get the cheap on or expensive one? I got the dust tabs. The back was 50/50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Is there a button on the pro controller that should turn switch on from rest? My home doesnt work...

Never mind it does. I have to resync after I wake it up?

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 4, 2017

• Locked thread