Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I bought my Link amiibo used. I am going to Nintendo jail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If they really wanted to alleviate Amiibo availability issues they would have put out more amiibo cards. Unless their problem is sourcing NFC chips, those can be easily mass produced.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-153-with-gray-joy-con-153-starter-bundle/-/A-52385985

$499 target bundle with Zelda, 12Switch, Pro Controller, Amiibo, and carrying case.

Still in stock after almost an hour.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

its because nintedo charges higher license fees and cart production costs and requires that physical and digital cost the same

My Senran Kagura 2 physical copy says otherwise.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

s.i.r.e. posted:

I had a really weird issue with my Switch this morning, I turned it on from sleep mode and everything looked fine, Zelda was paused on the inventory menu where I left it but neither Joycon would do anything. They wouldn't turn on if I pressed any of the buttons or even connected them to the Switch itself. I could press the sync button once to get them on but not in pairing mode but they still didn't interact with the Switch. I looked at the screen more closely and it seems like Zelda actually froze, so maybe the whole Switch locked up but it didn't. Putting the Joycons onto the Switch would make the click sound effect and the flashes on the sides of the screen. gently caress it, I held the sleep button to bring up the sleep/shut down menu and tried to use the touch screen for that but no dice. I could control the volume with the buttons. Neither the Joycons worked or the touch screen, Zelda was completely frozen up and the only thing I could do was a hard reset. That finally got things going normally but what the gently caress, I hope this isn't a common thing for me now.

I had a similar thing with Disgaea 5 this past week. I left it sitting on a menu screen, then ended up not playing for a week. I powered it on for the Zelda and system update and it seemed to have frozen. Music would play in small bursts and it would respond with a delay during that time. I could still go to the home screen without trouble and perform the update. The little icon to inform me the update had finished even popped over the frozen screen.

I really hope this isn't just coming out now that people have finished their games and are leaving it on standby for a long period of time.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Disgaea 5 Japanese physical has English. It's the full game, voiced in English with English localization.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Splatoon 2 and Arms exclusively for the >New< 3DS

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/64yd1q/mario_kart_8_deluxe_switch_bundle_just_went_on/

Bundle sighted

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Should I save money and buy physical or go all in on digital?

I would say Digital is the better option for any portable system. I've found I play games less if I have to carry around a separate card.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Amazon leak time.
https://twitter.com/marcospaulosd/status/852210445415010305

Splatoon August 18
Arms June 23rd

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

Is there any reason/part inside the pro control that makes it expensive or is it just Nintendo marking it way up for profit?

The amiibo/NFC reader. All the other things inside are probably also inside the $60 MSRP Sony and Microsoft readers.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Senran Kagura and Nights of Azure 2

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Motto posted:

GUST's barely advertised Azure 2, it's been delayed twice, and neither it or its predecessor looked too hot, so I'm kinda baffled by this. Why not Atelier Firis or something?

Firis sold far less than Sophie did at Japanese launch, and their attempt to cash in on Atelier for 3DS failed miserably. Azure is at least different in style.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BabyRyoga posted:

Japanese presentation had a new SMT game, new layton, new ace attorney, new etrian mystery dungeon, radiant historia remake, and some other stuff on 3DS.

SMT Strange Journey with added Marie character

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
PuyoPuyo was known as Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine in the 90s if you need to compare it to an earlier game.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Also is it just me or is everyone voiced by the same VA

Cheap Japanese anime games have a small pool of talent willing to come in to do uncredited voices. As soon as they get a good SAG gig they stop returning calls.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I'm coming to this thread 400 pages behind. Have they fixed the left joycon disconnect issue?

A piece of conductive foam against a component.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Monster Hunter XX

36280 Yen for a bundle with a custom dock and game.

Cross Play with 3DS version of XX

One way save transfer from Monster Hunter X

Dehry fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 27, 2017

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There was just an announcement for a Pokemon Rumble mobile game

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/31/15718950/pokemon-mobile-game-download-pokeland-android-ios

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My Twitter feed is filled with retweets by Junichi Masuda of every language's announcement so it's going to be something on a console at least.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/874548768510803968

:psypop:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Greyscale Breath of the Wild is actually pretty nice looking.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/880411049979109376

Nights of Azure 2 comes out this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Splatoon 2 has hit below Prime/Gamer's Club discounts on Walmart and Amazon.

E: At least they were around 9am when the postings were made. Unavailable on Amazon now.

• Locked thread