Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Test fire is up I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
So are any good / cheap cases back in stock yet? I want one with enough room for the charger, doesn't have to be super durable

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
* Snipperclips
* Shovel Knight Treasure Trove
* Binding of Isaac
* Blastermaster Zero
* Neo Turf Masters
* Puyo Puyo Tetris Demo (JP)
* Fast Racing RMX
* Voez
* Human Resource Machine
* Snake Pass

Fixed it for you

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Spacebump posted:

My left joy con briefly desynched when my laptop got between my Switch and control. Does this mean I have one that needs to be sent in?

I remember people claiming the problem was fixed before I got my Switch last week but seems not to be the case.

Mine is still a piece of poo poo, some days are better than others but it regularly desynchs.

I am going to turn it in when I'm done with Zelda because lol if I'm going to be without my Nintendo for any amount of time

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
Where do you even buy amiibos. Amazon?

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Stux posted:

i mean unless we're talking better than the gold standard aka the vita i dont see why anyone should be impressed

and if it is better than vita sleep im impressed

Why don't you do a test of Vita sleep vs Switch sleep? I have both and they same quite similar.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

jivjov posted:

My dentist's office does late Wednesdays (I think they're open all the way to 7) and early Fridays (they close at noon that day). I do all my appointments late afternoon/early evening on Wednesdays to avoid ever having to burn a personal day from work.

Lol if you have a job where people notice when you're not there, or even know your name or job duties

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Wheany posted:

I'm pretty sure the moderation has voiced their opinion on this matter already.

Do people go into the Steam thread posting pages and pages worth of pointless and often nonsensical complaints about how much they hate it? Threads in Games are typically for fans to discuss things related to the topic, they're not just open ended debate chambers where there are two equal and valid sides that deserve the same amount of attention. It's honestly a little weird to spend so much time making GBS threads on something in a place where people are fans of it. No one is going to agree or change their mind, so what's the point? The GBS Switch thread, which was made to mock it, was great and totally fine.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
The best part about Jackbox 3 is that two of the game hosts are Arnie and Chunt from Hello from the Magic Tavern

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

parallelodad posted:

Rainbow road is great. All the girls at the party put on a different colored lipstick and then, you know, play Mario Kart.

Chicks love the Mario moustache ride

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

SeANMcBAY posted:

Same. I didn't find Earthbound to be comfortable on 3DS but playing it and Chrono Trigger/Mario RPG on Switch will own.

That's because the 3DS is like the least comfortable Gameboy yet. The switch is way better on the ol' digits

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
How much are Happy meals nowadays?

Is it weird if I buy a dozen at a time

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
Amazon!! Why haven't you shipped my Karts you piece of CRAP?!

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

enojy posted:

Lol decided to play some Puyo Puyo Tetris docked with the pro controller. Accidental hard drop due to lovely D-pad not 15 seconds into my first match. Guess I'll just stick to handheld mode for Tetris. Too bad there's no way to rebind hard drop to something else. Thank god MK8 doesn't use the D-pad like at all.

Here's a tip - you can play switch docked with the joycons too. In fact, they.... SWITCH to pretty great separated handheld controllers

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
What's the timeframe for Amazon two-day? I pre-ordered​ on Wednesday afternoon, hoping I might get it Friday but thinking Saturday or Monday would be more likely. However, my order hasn't even shipped and is not expected until Wednesday.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Meridian posted:

I need to give those games another chance. I always get too preoccupied with trying to min-max and worry about missing things that I never finish them.

There's no reason to do that since they are pretty dang easy. Do the whole thing without reading into any guides or anything. Just play the game.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

C-SPAN Caller posted:

That's a board game and anyone who plays it as a video game is a dirty philistine.

Lol just lol I ain't picking up 400 tiny trains and cards when I could just pick up a tablet instead

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
My switch experience is 500 times better after getting my left controller repaired by Nintendo.

Everyone who hasn't done that yet - do it.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
Put my friend code on my tombstone

We'll all play rainbow road up in heaven

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

a.lo posted:

I took my Switch to a Honda service center yesterday to get my 2016 Honda Civic an oil change and whatever and I brought along my Switch. I was playing around Mario Kart when a girl (and I guess her boyfriend) was wondering what I was playing. I told her that I was playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe but I was also going back and forth with Zelda. She seemed interested enough that you basically take something as gorgeous as Mario Kart on the go. The great thing about the Switch too is that is comes with two controllers. I asked her if she wanted to "Mario Kart" and she nodded. Granted it was not the most comfortable experience but we were both smiling and having a good time (made me think about getting some joycon accessories to make them more comfy) anyways I told her if you ever want to Mario Kart up again I gave her my friend code.

Did she touch your dingaling

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
Mods.... own?!?

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Norns posted:

Is 1 2 switch the best demo for HD RUMBLE

It's really pretty awesome. The sword fighting game really feels like you are blocking a sword. The marble rolling is awesome, and so is the dice shaking.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
Since when has Nintendo ever announced any cool new thing more than like two months out? Heck, Super Mario 3 was announced and debuted LIVE as the final stage at that tournament with Jenny Lewis and Fred Savage

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

i will buy minecraft for the first time ever tomorrow and play it whilst i poop on my dumb gay dead nintendo switch video game system

Have fun, Minecraft is one of my favorite games of all time. So many good gaming moments and memories

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
That is the most BS survey I have ever seen. I sincerely, sincerely doubt that 61% of people know that the current Xbox console is called Xbox One, and aren't just confusing it with the original Xbox.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Imagined posted:

My teenage nephews somehow acquired the idea that the Xbone is the system for manly men and will hear nothing about the PS4 or, God forbid, gay baby Nintendo system. They love their bone so much that after theirs was stolen in a home robbery, they made my sister get them another one.

How many Major Nelson pin-ups do they have in their bedroom, be honest

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
Stop by talking about minwcraft, you're making me want it

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

.TakaM posted:

Does anyone plan on hosting a goon map in Minecraft?

The only time I really got into minecraft was on the 360 goon map, I wish the game supported servers so someone didn't have to leave their system on all the time.

There are no Minecraft Realms on consoles?

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
You're allowed to think Zelda is not amazing, but you also have to acknowledge the fact that the vast majority of people disagree with you and will consider it GOTY, best Zelda, or even among their favorite games of all time (me included). So there is gonna be pushback against (even perfectly valid) criticisms that no one asked for.

Like, way more people prefer BOTW to all previous Zelda's since... OOT? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Wind Waker was not as well received initially and LBW just didn't have the sheer amount of hype/praise. Not that popular opinion is a reliable indicator of quality, but there has to be a point where overwhelming consensus among fans and critics means something, right?

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
Nintendo is going all in on Arms so I am assuming it is actually really Good.

That Direct was also really really good! I am more hyped for Arms than Splatoon 2nd now.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
I had a ton of wifi problems in the first few weeks of the Switch. Like, it wouldn't work unless it was in a very specific position near my TV. After a few system updates and resets, though, it went away and now I have no problem finding a good wifi signal wherever I am in my house. So maybe there are a few lingering issues on the system itself? Try restarting like 5 times.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Overbite posted:

Are there any games where I can play as a squid but NOT a kid? Asking for a friend

Well I know of this one game where you can play as a totally regular dad. I do expect it to be ported to the switch, especially because of its great local coop.

I guess that doesn't really help you, but :shrug:

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

RZA Encryption posted:

I would love to play a modern MLB game, but my desire to play it is somewhere between $60 and $ps4 + $60.

Vita TV for $25 and MLB 15 for 20 = $45

Plus you get all the hot anime boob action you could ask for

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

RZA Encryption posted:

I'm looking for current season. Up to date rosters and such.

It's dumb that Sony has basically a monopoly on baseball. I bought a Vita a few years ago solely to play MLB The Show.

People still submit new rosters to the database for MLB 15, so you can download and apply to career or franchise mode. In fact, I started a new Road to the Show game just a few weeks ago using this season's rosters.

Of course Sony might disable their servers whenever they want, but for now it still works.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
Thumper is good y'all. Much better than its predecessor, Bambi

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

InFlames235 posted:

Hey guys, popping in after the weekend test to ask: Was ARMS any good?

It was really fun! I don't think I'll pick it up full price, but it is nice and unique. And fast to get through a match. Party mode is really quite cool, and I think it will a hit with a room full of friends.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
When is Baseball Stars 2 coming to Switch.

Cmon SNK gimme the balls

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

TVs Ian posted:

Well, there is that Castlevania animated series coming out.

Maybe since it's based on Castlevania 3, we can get a remake done in kind of a Metroidvania style too.

You're getting Castlevania: The Movie: The Game and you know it

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Gimbal lock posted:

Sega wants people to preorder a digital game download. A digital preorder.

When new sales vectors for games come out, they always seem like bullshit -- See the first real application of DLC with the infamous Oblivion horse armor. The benefit of the doubt for DLC always existed though and could be good on paper. It eventually got around to it.
I'm not sure how digitally preordering a videogame brings anything to the table for the consumer.
I know this has happened a couple of times in the past; it just never seems less ridiculous.

Lol okay Grandpa. This has been around for years. Digital preordering sometimes lets you preload or sometimes gives you a discount / special bonus. At it's worst it's a thing that excited but maybe naive people can do to show their support for a game or developer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Guy Goodbody posted:

bonus content for preordering is awful, and you are a bad person for acting like it's good.

I don't care either way about bonus content and probably neither should you. :shrug:

• Locked thread