Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

S2LSOFTENER is the guy SEGA asked to handle their guides on their own channel. Seriously tho if you want to see high level Puyo AND Tetris give his channel a watch. Dudes ranked 9999 for a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How do you beat the AI in tetris anyway? I'm on 3-10 and I can go for a good while getting tetris's and line clears but like, the AI never actually dies despite not doing as well as me and it's kind of frustrating. Then a missed input randomly happens and rip there goes the last 4-5 minutes

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I figured this was a error until I played more and no, she's actually just like that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I unlocked misunderstood swordman and girl with tuning forks.

It keeps having scenes with Satan. Give me Satan game.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oh cool I get to play as this cool cake wizardman does that mean I get to unlock him

*he leaves after the scene*

Guess not

*another satan scene starts where I don't get him either*

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Funkmaster General posted:

There's a scene with Onion Pixie. If Onion Pixie is not unlockable I will throw my switch in the garbage!

This also applies to MK8!!!

Onion Pixie and Ocean Prince are in the story but not playable, I'm sorry.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Debating on if I want to use the code to unlock all the characters and stuff or not.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nephzinho posted:

Is there actually a difference between characters?

Not in normal Puyo/Tetris/Swap

In fusion your characters have different shapes they can get (Klug, the nerdboy is considered top tier for his shapes)
In party mode the character you pick effects the items you get. Satan for example gets more score stealing items so he can hoover up your enemies points if you use him.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I like that the alternate voices for O just make it sound pissed off. This lil tetris fella just wants to kill you now, his joy is gone.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I unlocked Satan

Funkmaster General posted:

Are any of the alternate voices the original Japanese voices?

This game is much more fun when the characters scream incoherently than when they say "Nutrition! Vitamins!"

Nah, just the voice actors giving them even goofier voices. Satan goes full saturday morning sassy cartoon character for example.

Though Japanese voices are all engrish anyway so you'd still be hearing HEALTHY LIVING

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Jarogue posted:

Man I'mnat that part in puzzle games where it gets too had for me to play. Hopeful practice in Endless/Marathon will fix that. Also gently caress Item battles, was barely able to beat Satan with Tee.

I wonder if Nintendo and Sega would ever be a Puyo Puyo x Puzzle League?

Satan's attacks in party mode all involve stealing points which make them a lot closer then you'd actually imagine. He's one of the tougher AI's along with Ecolo because of it so don't get too down.

Mr Phillby posted:

TBH I'm not in love with the presentation (why are like 80% of the characters samey animes, gimme more crazy robots or whatever) but the game is good as gently caress regardless.

A lot of the wackier character designs got culled so instead of pink dolphin/fish with slippers you get Tetris dudes.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 27, 2017

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kirby's birthday is now over. I hope everyone had a good day!!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Where can I get these glasses. I want them.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

In big bang mode there's some patterns that need you to spin L or J blocks and I have no loving idea how to do that. If I slide the long end into the opening and push a button the whole tetromino pops out and I get failed.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thanks, was playing with a friend a short while ago and was doing good until I got like 5 of these in a row. I had no idea what to do and suddenly found myself losing until it went back to babby mode.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tetris sometimes registers a hard drop from pressing left. No amount of "WORKS FOR ME" will change that. Like I've seen streamers say the same thing, people on the forum say the same thing, it's a issue.

It thankfully doesn't matter too much as it's Tetris and lol at getting heated about it when rounds go as fast as they do but it does kinda suck.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Patter Song posted:

So...

I just beat level 3-10 of Puyo Puyo Tetris.

On attempt like 150 or so.

This is the first game in years which activated that mode in the very back of my brain that goes all "gently caress me? No, gently caress you" and commits to playing it over and over until I get it. I think the Switch's ultra-fast resume helps a lot with that.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is fantastic, and I suck at Tetris and suck slightly less at Puyo Puyo.

EDIT: And then I beat 4-1 on my first try. Why was 3-10 so loving hard?

ur fighting the tetris king u expect him to be easy???

Real talk the game wants you to do a t-spin or two to knock him out. It took me 4-5 tries then I got a single t-spin and he just blew the gently caress up. Tetris vs Tetris is going to become a lot more endless and one sided if you don't get t-spins down.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm gonna play as goo pickle

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

He's ready.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Jarogue posted:

So the new wall now is Ecolo

You liar
You cheater
You trickster
WHAT A FRAUD
JUST A IMITATION

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh poo poo, it is too. There's a course too :cripes:.

There's 2!!

Also if you use the Captains amiibo you can even unlock his costume for mii's. (Though it's not quite the same I admit)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Little behind but I think Blue Shells are nice because I can tank em in online races and still get first if I'm not instantly shut down by red shells afterward (and even then I can still come out ontop if there's enough time).

Also nothing is better then dodging a blue shell- moreso if you can pull it off without a item :)

As a aside little thing I noticed is that the coins in Urchin Underpass are all modeled after splatoons coins. I forgot they did that in the other cameo courses so it was a nice surprise.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I won't pretend I can nail it every time or that I even *know* how it works but I've dodged blue shells with mini turbos before. Like once or twice when all I had were coins. Unless the game bugged out a couple times it's possible.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

D5 is probably the best game to date mechanics alone, but the postgame is kinda dogshit and is just the D4crew because they wanted to reuse those sprites so bleh.

It's probably the laziest re-release they've done yet but if you're new to the franchise go for it. (They usually add a new story/mechanics etc in the remakes, they didn't this time for whatever reason. Maybe NIS is finally for real dying? Who knows!)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I don't really care if it's cheap or not- I'm actually pretty worried about Nintendo charging a service fee for online. There's so many disconnects spread around to various people on MK8 that it's genuinely unacceptable- along with latency issues and Nintendo Lag still out in full force I'm kinda down on it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hyrule Castle is the only good dungeon in BotW

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah there's a loose story that doesn't really matter throughout the games

Usually Satan does something stupid trying to win Arles heart (or) Ecolo do something that annoys everyone and the team goes out to stop them.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I like that Marie is a self hating sad sack and Callie continues to be friendly and sociable.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Phantom Hourglass was okay. Just okay.

Spirit Tracks was a loving dumpster fire and I'm glad it's been destroyed.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I like playing video games

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Gumdrop Larry posted:

I like SRPGs a lot so I tried a Disgaea once and did not like the comically large numbers, no sir. Give me a Tactics Ogre on the Switch please.

Disgaea doesn't do the comically huge numbers until you're in the post game though?

Like the final bosses of these games usually caps to level 70-80 which seems kinda normal to me.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The 3DS thread doesn't see a lot of action so I figured I'd ask here.

A few months back I had to sell my 3DS and my games for some emergency money. Wiped the thing clean and got rid of it. Today friend of mine said that he'd toss me his old one he doesn't need anymore so that's cool.

If I want to get all my licenses back so I can get my eshop games do I just need to call Nintendo? And if I get a N2DS down the road can I still transfer it over down the road? I'm not sure how this all works.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

irlZaphod posted:

Yeah, if you call Nintendo they should be able to transfer your eShop licences to your new 3DS. If you get a N2DS you can do a system transfer from that 3DS to the new system. You will need both systems and an internet connection to perform the transfer.

Cool, thanks. Wanted to make sure I'm doing this all right.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm really excited to see what comes of the unnamed SMT game on the Switch. I know it won't happen but I'm imagining a game with a art direction as wonderful as Nocturnes and it makes me really happy.

Like Odin is using his weird Sentai 4:A design but Titania and the other normal demons are using classic designs so I have no idea what's goin on.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Atlus has a full set of HD Demon assets out of Persona 5, so I wouldn't be too worried about esoteric designs.

Which I'm excited for! While I won't say *all* of 4/A's designs were awful I'd gladly trade them back for classics if that's what's required.

Oberon being a chubby santa beetle is cool and good

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

RCarr posted:

What's all this then? I don't remember trashy Mario!

Old magazine ad gave him a big one to make him look tough.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 13:48 on May 11, 2017

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Pureauthor posted:

Luigi is the superior bro.
Yeah

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm gonna go hang out in public and play my switch

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Walking Dead S1
Batman Game Thing
I hear Tales from Borderlands is good? Iunno.

Those are their only good series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm dating a bus

• Locked thread