Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

whats the chance of yakuza 0 hitting switch or will i have to finally get that ps4 or learn japanese for that ps3 version?

i mean, i stumbled across this on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHQa1SA3EtI and now i gotta loving have and am i currently weighing up reckless financial decisions or playing wait and see. help me.

Not sure, but I put about 4 hours into it, and sold it on craigslist since I could not get into it. There's just way too much dialogue, and the story is boring. The first 2 chapters are literally about a parking lot. Gameplay has not evolved at all since Shenmue. There's no reason it should not be a real open world, instead of being divided up into small zones that you access in a linear fashion. It has some cool mini games, nice framerate, and some of the side quests were funny in a weird japanese way, but thats not enough to overcome its flaws. Personally I think the game was given much higher scores than it deserves because it's an exclusive title. I can imagine the publisher having meeting discussing wether or not to release this game in the states, and talking about how westerners would respond to doing a quest where you have to stop a high school girl from selling her used panties to men, and having a dialogue choice to defend perverts.

I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs far more. Yakuza 0 isn't fit to trim Breath Of The Wilds ball hairs though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

s.i.r.e. posted:

The Switch battery wastes a bunch of space with a thick layer of foam, and notching the battery and compartment so it only fits one way and labeling it with arrows that have to line up isn't really hard to do. They could design a battery that pulls out from the bottom of the device and makes it easily swappable.

The foam is there to protect it in the case it catches fire, like a Samsung Note 7 or one of those generic chinese hoverboards. If you check out the new revised hoverboards, their batteries have thick layers of foam around it.

Having the battery sealed is better for aesthetics, and protecting the internal components from the elements. Sure it makes more sense business wise, but nearly every top tier smartphone and tablet also doesn't have a removable battery. At least the Switch has the micro SD card slot, and the USB power source.

The manufacturers warranty is a year. Rechargeable batteries don't need replacing until 2 years, and opening the device and removing the batteries is easy. And 2 years from now, there are going to be a bunch of 3rd party batteries on Amazon with 4.5 star reviews.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I cant believe people are so starved for games that they are buying an old rear end golf game on the Japanese store.

Mario Kart 8 cant come soon enough.

Though i'm only just starting Breath Of The Wild. My doctors appointment always has an hour long wait, so I bring my Switch today and the place is empty and I only wait 10 minutes.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Damnit, whatever router setting that is preventing online Fast RMX matches from connecting, is doing the same for splatoon. Gotta see if I can find what setting is causing it. NAT type is open, so it's not that.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Hammer Bro. posted:

Bit of a long shot, but do you happen to have two routers on the same network?

I spent a LOT of time debugging an XBone, but I have a very nonstandard setup.

Naw but I did end up remembering I still had another router that Verizon provided me that they did not take back when I cancelled their service. I connected it and connected the Switch to it and I am finally able to play Fast RMX multiplayer games which I was never able to do before, which was giving the same error message as the Splatoon testfire, so i'm positive it will work now.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Any decent looking games coming between now and Mario Kart 8?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I'm a master at getting free, or half off gamefly monthly subscriptions. Gonna be renting that lego police game and puyo tetris. But Mario Kart 8 is an instabuy, no questions asked.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I hate people who pronounce Mario like Mare Ee Oh. Almost as much as the people who prounce Forza like Fort-za.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

This game is the shiiiiiit.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Do you want protection coverage for your game?
No.
Do you want to renew your pro membership and save money on used games?
No.
Splatoon is coming out soon. Would you like ro preorder it?
No.
Would you like to donate a dollar to autism awareness?
No.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

How is Puyo Tetrisis online multiplayer?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Mario Kart 8 gave me that same sensation zelda did, where it feels almost impossible to have such a good looking game on a handheld.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I jumped into a japanese players tournament with items disabled, and got spanked.

Is it worth completing all of the 1st player races, particularly the 2 lowest engine classes? All the stuff you get is just cosmetic, right?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Someone try to do online multiplayer on a flight, like an LA to NY trip, with two people playing split screen using the split joy cons. That would be some next level poo poo.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Playing Mario Kart on the big screen with the pro controller, then leaving home and playing it on the handheld, it's hard to believe this poo poo is one console.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I've been savoring Breath Of The Wild too slowly. I've only got passed the first shrine. I'm trying to make the game last a year.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Whats the next truly good looking game to be released?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Whats the general consensus on Arms. Is it a rent or a buy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

There's nothing better than chilling in a hotel room, racing people online with mario kart, and also playing Zelda. That's worth the price of admission alone.

• Locked thread