Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Besides I am setsuna what's the rpg prognosis for Switch? I want something shameful and meaty.

The jury's still out on the shame and meat levels, but this was announced:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRwi1bqXzTc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

This would be a better game if it didn't feature the Rabbids and was just Super Mario RPG 2 instead.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

This is the only TellTale game I've played to completion and yeah, it's awesome

Have you checked out their Borderlands one? No matter how you feel about the actual Borderlands games or Telltale "games", Tales from the Borderlands is definitely worth anyone's time.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Wow. Is it too late to have Mario cross over with literally any other Ubisoft property?

Mario + Prince of Persia: Bowser's Sands of Time

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Full art leaked now.

Mario's a plumber. He should be able to fix this leak.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Tender Bender posted:

What the gently caress is Retro doing

Their best.

I want to see some cool stuff that will make me buy a Switch this E3. I don't have anything specific in mind. I just want to see a good showing from Nintendo.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
At an E3 where Beyond Good & Evil 2 exists, anything is possible. Let's see From Software's Chozo Souls and Platinum Game's F-Zero NX!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

alf_pogs posted:

have nintendo preemptively won e3 yet?

They made me believe Mario + Rabbids might be a good game, so they're on their way. I still wish Rabbids didn't exist, but Mario X-Com looks sweet.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Finally, Switch VR hits the market. Available only in black and red.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

My four year old, during the trailer when Mario possesses the dude, excitedly shouted "Mario can kill PERSONS in this game!?!?"

Mario's new Final Smash for Smash 5 will be possessing an opponent to fight as them, but it will only be used to walk off a ledge.

vvv The map screen is a travel brochure? That's genius!

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jun 14, 2017

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Martytoof posted:

I was kind of blasé about Odyssey after the reveal and seeing the "real world city" setting, but now that they showed more gameplay and levels I'm 100% on board.

Apparently New Donk City is where Pauline lives meaning it could be where the original Donkey Kong took place.
The desert level could maybe be Sarasaland?
I'm hoping there are references and visits to a ton of Mario worlds past, like Subcon, Yoshi's Island, Star Road, Giant Land, or even the world that gave Mario his medical license!

With Cappy's ability to possess enemies and get new powers, they could even let you relive old power ups in a limited way in these worlds. I'm excited by the thought of it.

E: Rewatching the trailer there was a rocket straight out of Mario 2, so I might get my wish.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Nintendo UK's YouTube channel has dev diaries for Mario Odyssey and Metroid 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDtI6REQTwc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BCPx2SX7Hk

They don't really mention anything new, but it's a good recap if people missed things. Mario Odyssey is also confirmed to support non-Mario amiibo too, so hopefully more Mario outfits.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Infinitum posted:

It's Super Mario, on a World

What more do you want?

Less is more. In this case, we want less of the Rabbids (preferably no Rabbids).

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Infinitum posted:

Gonna run a team of all Mario characters and murder Rabbids, erasing their blight on the Mushroom Kingdom

But you don't kill them. You "save" them, according to Ubi.

Save them from life. :unsmigghh:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Cappy is an evil apparition, forcing Mario's body to twist and conform to the shapes of others.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Little Mac posted:

- Chrono Trigger
- Donkey Kong Country 2
- Tetris Attack

These three additions would make it completely perfect.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

EpicNemesis posted:

What I'm asking is where is the replayability to warrant re purchasing so many times.

Have you played and enjoyed other Clover/Platinum character action games titles such as Metal Gear Rising, God Hand, or Wonderful 101? Bayonetta 2 is the best game they've ever made and it also has competitive co-op online multiplayer.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

EpicNemesis posted:

So what I'm getting is that they are similar to god or war but some people will fight you to the death because they are tooooootaly different.

I enjoyed God of War and look forward to gun shoes and boobs kratos. I've also never played a platinum game.

Basically, in God of War you mash buttons to kill enemies.

In Bayonetta, you can mash buttons to kill enemies, but you are more rewarded by weaving together combos and you can also dodge enemy attacks at the right time to be rewarded with slowed time and more opportunities to mash buttons. It's just a tighter, more technical experience with a more fun, extravagant wrapping resulting in a vastly more enjoyable package. The two games don't really feel similar at all.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Hammer Bro. posted:

I played a bit of God Hand at a friend's long ago and it was delightful, primarily for the theme / exuberance / music. How does Bayonetta (/2) compare to God Hand stylistically?

It's very different in regards to theming and music, but the exuberance is on par/greater in all regards. So while you don't have the same guitar work as God Hand, you'll be flying to the moon or crossing moon river with the same kind of gusto. I guess what I'm saying is that while they have completely different settings and themes, they give you the same kind of feeling where, if you're doing well, you feel amazing and like you're actually performing all the moves yourself instead of just mashing buttons and watching wrote combos perform themselves.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

My dream Plantinum game would be a Fist of the North Star brawler not gonna lie

I'd like to see Platinum put their trademark character action style into a more open-world setting like Dark Souls or Breath of the Wild.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

DLC Inc posted:

No idea how the gently caress people put Dragon Age Inquisition over that for GOTY in 2014

EA money is the only possibility.

• Locked thread