Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Can anyone share their solutions to the nintendo switch dock being a piece of poo poo that scratches screens?

I just received and applied a tempered glass screen protector to my switch then cut two strips from the screen protectors cleaning cloth and used double sided tape to secure them to the offending areas of the switch. Is this adequate protection or would these cloths been considered too thin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

send us pictures of the dock and the switch in it so the rest of us can see what is scratching what because we've all been really confused about how people are having that happen

Hey I'd like to know this too. I've been stupidly gentle with this thing, but apparently not gentle enough as I discovered a scratch on my screen the other day.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

ethanol posted:

when's the drat testfire?? i keep forgetting the schedule.. this is so bad i already missed the the other ones!!!

http://www.businessinsider.com/splatoon-2-testfire-times-full-schedule-2017-3

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Why would I use this over a pro controller?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Imagined posted:

Do or don't, I don't give a poo poo? Just posting a link.

I was wondering if there was an actual benefit I wasn't aware of, but hey; eat a dick to you too sport.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

JethroMcB posted:

Garou: Mark of the Wolves, which features a fighter named Khushnood Butt.

and Dong

There's also Pocket Rumble, but the devs dropped off the face of the earth after missing their release deadline. RIP.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I wonder how many more Bloodborne enemies will be plagiarized in the full game.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

katkillad2 posted:

I Am Setsuna was not great. Don't go into it thinking it's similar to some classic game you remember, because it's definitely not that. It's a below average RPG.

There are a lot of good opinions in this thread.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

quote:

yeah seriously i bought the switch from a gamestop and it was like a 5 minute spiel, even with my 'no thanks' again and again

HERES THE BOOK OF FUTURE GAMES TO PRE-ORDER, no please look at it

do you want a screen protector here's a bunch of accessories. want some accessories

how about a game. gotta get a game with your switch, look they're over there

what warranty would you like? we have multiple i guess

any other systems you want to buy?

like. it was loving neverending. i would never want to work at a place like that

I used to work at Staples once upon a time, and that's literally what happens when you sell a computer.

Basically; your numbers are tracked and heavily scrutinized. If you just sell a computer with no "attachments" your numbers got screwed which earned you a "talking to" from management. 3 warnings and you were done. Every week was a struggle to keep your lovely job, and it wasn't uncommon to have managers eavesdrop on your customer interactions to make sure you're peddling overpriced garbage and following the script.

Attachments were really just anything you could paste onto the sale. Printers, thumb drivers, software were common attachments, but anything the customer buys with the laptop counts. Above all else you were to push the "protection plans" and you were chastised for daring to call them wtf they were; Warranties. poo poo warranties that vanished the moment you went to use it. I was the "HEAD EASY TECH (tm)" of a store, my customer service skills were great and I was frequently asked for; but I was removed from my position because I was honest with customers in suggesting attachments based on the conversation I had with them during the sale and not a script.

I imagine selling just systems is a similar pitfall for these guys. Much like Laptops Gamestop probably loses money on selling systems alone, and needs to push pro memberships and attachments to keep their overlords happy.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

quote:

"You don't understand, I'm telling you to stay late."

"You don't understand, I'm already clocked out and on my way out."

"You know, your attitude..."

"If you're gonna fire me, loving fire me." And I handed the phone back to my shocked coworker.

Sounds sort of like how I quit.

I worked at Staples for SIX YEARS. I started from the bottom and ended up with what other places would call a Keyholder position. Basically, a shitload of responsibility for about a quarter of the pay you're worth. By the end of my time there I was an INVENTORY ASSOCIATE. A guy who helps open the store, unpack the truck by myself, sort the truck by myself and handle various inventory related tasks while filling in for a chronically understaffed store because its retail and all retail stores have to bleed you the gently caress dry to make budget so that the upper management can afford get togethers at Las Vegas.

One summer a few years ago, well into the retail apocalypse hours were cut for all full timers as a response to health care regulations and we had a shitload of new people in the store who weren't trained on how to do... well anything. Also, our warehouse was flat out refusing to take our returns because they were full up so our backroom (my work area) and our furniture showroom were packed full of palettes of returns and recalls.

The one guy who knew what he was doing called out and it was up to me, the to make a no win choice. Help the single guy on the floor out actually unpack the truck and show him the ropes a bit so we have actual inventory on our shelves, or ignore that, continue my job and let the inventory numbers get hosed anyway because nothing gets packed out over the weekend because they expect a single, 16 year old to unpack 14 palettes of back to school freight in 5 hours... so I chose to help out.

Monday rolls around and I receive the predictable lecture. I explain my reasoning but naturally; there's no understanding from management here. During this talk he was joined by another manager, a tiny lady with a penchant for working off the clock and blaming everyone else for her mistakes. I had the misfortune of working closely with her most of the time.

After the talk the general manager left, and the tiny lady decided to take me aside for to try and scold me. I don't remember the particulars, but it was something about "I dont know if you care, or if you take pride in doing this, the store is in bad shape and blah blah".At this point, in this empty aisle at 8am I screamed at her, nervously saying that if everything is my fault, I should probably just leave. I then placed my pricing gun and inventory list down in a basket, stormed away from her; haphazardly shook hands with one of the new kids on my way out and told him that "I just quit", and "good luck". I went to the break room to grab my bike when I overheard small lady explaining the situation, naturally embellishing the truth to make her sound like a victim "He screamed at me in front of everyone!".

The general manager, who I was generally cool with asked me as I passed the manager's room into the break room "What happened?". I kept walking, grabbed my bike and made my way out the store saying simply as I passed "I can't" and got the hell out of there.

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jul 3, 2017

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Blackchamber posted:

I think the part where the world falls apart without him and corporate launches a special investigation into how they could have ever let the staples superstar go mean would make this a better fit for the stdh.txt thread.

Fair. i didn't have to throw that last part in. Also I was probably bad at my job anyway.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Splatoon 2 comes out in a little over 2 weeks as well.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Nintendo.

Please.

Dpad Joycon.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Re-release Tokyo Mirage Sessions for the Switch, call it the "Director's Cut" and remove all of the dumb 4kids esque censorship.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

irlZaphod posted:

The same thing happened with FE: Fates and the removal of the face touching game. (Why is it always Fire Emblem-related games?)

A touch more was removed than the mini game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA6A-ySMHYI

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Andrast posted:

that's just bad localization, not really removal of stuff

An entire conversation was literally removed.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Lube Enthusiast posted:

When FE7 gets rereleased I hope Rath & Jaffar can support and all three of their chats be sitting quietly

I hope they add some memes in FE7 as well. The humor was so dry in fates.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Golden Goat posted:

What's the ball pod on the back of the main character in Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

You can really see the Nomura in the stupid parachute pants + shorts combo.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Motto posted:

It was removed because Japanese players thought it was annoying and the devteam was already half and half on it.

That's pretty interesting actually. Where did you find this out?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think most people must just be thrown by the fact that it's actually something functional.

The vest closes up, the helmet's on a hinge at the back of the neck to flip over onto the collar so it locks in place like a diving helmet. The pants aren't even weird, they're just lightweight armor allowing freedom of movement. It's not exactly what you'd call street-wear, but it's clearly functional for a job of some kind :shrug:.

I can deal with everything else.

But why.

Why.

Why are they shorts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Policenaut posted:

Do you think the Xenoblade 2 kid could fit the Switch in his pants?

I'm sure he has a variety of pouches and sacks attached to his back that we don't see.

• Locked thread