Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Gamestop ran out of botw posters before 12 am. Which is pretty lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Jimmy Hats posted:

I chopped down a tree and used it to cross a gorge!!!!!!111

Also Zelda throws a bunch of items at you right away which could be weird for pacing but whatever.

I failed to do that, ran out of trees, and proceeded to climb the rocks to the side.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Jimmy Hats posted:

Lol I got it first try, by accident. You gotta do what the old dude says and point your hips!!!!

---

I only read that after I ran out of trees.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

I guess I have a lot of different opinions on the switch than others. I really haven't noticed any frame drops. I love the joycons (one in each hand style. Doggie grip and on console are awful). I actually regret picking up a pro controller because I like the independent hands for each controller thing. Not even a wire to tether them together. My one issue with the switch is that the fan is way to drat loud.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'm fairly certain that's intended because there's another shrine you get to control a platform, and the opposite side is entirely blocked with needles

It's a really great way to make players feel smart

It'l be awful when I find that one. The motion controls did not work well for that kind of precision. I do still keep them on for bows though. I like the slight tilt to finish an aim.

Elmon fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Mar 6, 2017

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Loopoo posted:

All this talk of bad wifi for the Switch. I downloaded the system update and Zelda update in under 5 minutes. Wifi works flawlessly for me.

Wifi seems fine once it's connected, but it has trouble getting a connection for a lot of people. I get two bars when it's ~5 ft from my router. Which works fine but is still odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

5K sales 1st week in Japan.

Is d5 bad? Or were people just not buying it.

• Locked thread