Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Some people like to use motion controls, some people like to use only joysticks, it comes down to preference. Hope this helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Yeah I don't get why Loopoo is being dog piled on, they're trying to get a Switch to someone who might enjoy it, let them do their thing.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Blaster Master owns so far, but the max upgrade gun is rediculously easy mode, I need to stop using it. I've been able to smash every boss in seconds by standing still and mashing the fire button real fast.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'll buy it either way, but I think I'd just prefer a new Smash at this point.

e also can confirm the amFilm screen protected goes on super easy and is fantastic, it's arguably a must have

chaleski fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Mar 27, 2017

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I really really wanted to like TTYD but it just never clicked for me, the writing, characters, setting, and story just didn't mesh well for whatever reason. I'd gladly give it another shot if it came out on the Switch's VC though.

Maybe I set the bar too high because Paper Mario is probably in my top 3 games.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Keep Wario 2D

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Dr Cheeto posted:

Shovel Knight is the perfect game. It's out on a lot of systems but I dig the portability and instant co-op of the Switch version

I think the Switch is going to replace Steam for me for indie games, being able to play all these games wherever I want is going to own

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Tempura Wizard posted:

Pro Controllers are up on Amazon.

Just bought one, thank you friend

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

In a better world, Megaman Legends 3 would be perfect on the Switch

I'll take Legends 1 and 2 on VC as consolation, however

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Yeah, Mario Maker is one of the few potential WiiU ports I couldn't care less about

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Blaster Master started off cool as hell, then I had to play that annoying sewer level with the waves that blow you across the stage and now an entire underwater level? Jesus I hope it picks up again soon.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Snake Pass running poorly on handheld mode is a real bummer, it seems like the perfect game to relax and curl up on the couch with. What are the odds that it gets patched?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Kirios posted:

Here is the agreed upon and decided go to list of not Zelda recommendations. Please etch this into stones (and the first post) goons:

* Shovel Knight Treasure Trove
* Blastermaster Zero
* Snipperclips
* Neo Turf Masters
* Fast Racing RMX
* Human Resource Machine
* Snake Pass

No Binding of Isaac?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Got my Pro controller this morning and can confirm it owns extremely hard, and I decided to hook my Switch up to my monitor and now BotW is 10x better

Today is a good day

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The Switch Pro d-pad is much better than the Xbone's, for one

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I didn't care for the Xbone controllers bulkiness either, if they just kept it similar to the 360's with a better d-part it'd be perfect

I think the Switch pro is my new default PC controller

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Bombing a hill and eating poo poo at high speed by tumbling rear end over end because your shield broke will never not be funny

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Nintendo please release N64 games on the Switch, I want to buy Paper Mario for the 5th time like an rear end in a top hat

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

They really need to just make Smash levels of customization in MK

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The Joycons are good for games like Blaster Master, but trying to play Zelda on them after using the Pro is a chore

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I quite like the Joycons in tablet mode, but the Joycon grip hurt my hand a bit. As someone who prefers playing Zelda on a monitor the Pro controller is pretty much perfect for me, I can't recommend it highly enough.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just going to ignore all news today and play Zelda all day.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The PS4 is cool and good, but I think it's main competition being a wet fart makes it look better in comparison

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Norns posted:

Hahahahhahahaha yeah its loving hilarious that people are talking about games and things in games hahhahahahahhahaha

I'm starting to think you take things out of context on purpose

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm gonna 3D print some amiibo figurines to go with my downloaded codes, take THAT Nintendo

I'm not sure if this is :filez: or not I'm only joking

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Patter Song posted:

Shouldn't the DS hold up well for a good long time re: longevity?

Do you mean the brick DS? Because my DS Lite is nearly unplayable now

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm pretty sure Gamecubes and Gameboys will outlive our grandkids

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

My Switch froze on Zelda also. I booted it up last night after not using for a day, went right into the game from sleep mode, and it locked up. I had to hard reset it but it's good now so... welp?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

jivjov posted:

Hey, someone was asking to see my amiibo collection?

Can you break BotW over your knee with all the item drops this could give you?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Kazy posted:

There's still the bug that makes the game freeze for a few frames when you kill a moblin. :(

Is this a common thing? It's happened exactly once for me in dozens of hours of play.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I love tablet mode and can play it for hours, but playing with the Joycon controller thing or with them in each hand feels super awkward

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

If they would just make some sort of classic-style left Joycon with a real D-pad in a comfortable spot, I'd be set forever I think.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Cardboard Box posted:

i wonder if anyone has answered 1-2 switch or bomberman to that question

Someone somewhere has already put a few hundred hours into Let's Dance 2017: Switch Edition

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Evil Fluffy posted:

Calamity Bannon

lol

also FTL in tablet mode would be extremely my poo poo

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Dr. VooDoo posted:

While i was in a game of BoI a notification popped up stating that BotW finished downloading something. Anyone know if a patch was just pushed out?

Seems like it, looks like its 1.1.2 now

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I want a Korok amiibo

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The Bloop posted:

I might buy this. Every time you use it, it lights up a korok on your map.

I just wanted a cute Korok figurine but that's a neat idea

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm at the part of Breath of the Wild where you have to follow the Korok without being noticed, which dipshit rear end in a top hat thought putting such a terrible trope into an otherwise great game would be a good idea?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

bobvonunheil posted:

Replace "easiest" with "most tedious", because there's at least 5 minutes of crouched walking per attempt before one of those typical stealth mission "gotcha" events occurs and you instafail

I somehow tripped over a tree root like an rear end in a top hat, which makes you stop crouching apparently.

I was hoping the game would put a twist on it and subvert my expectations for the 1000th time but it was straight-forward and tedious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Kill the 3DS

Import all games to Switch

Unironically yes

• Locked thread