Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Yodzilla posted:

So is Puyo Puyo Tetris as cool and charming as it looks?

yes

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I bought sf2 but ima return it. It's bad

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Inzombiac posted:

What game shows off HD rumble that's not 12 Switch?

There's Blaster Master 0 which is very much not subtle.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Cojawfee posted:

I just did some experiments. How are you all turning off the switch? Are you holding down the power button until the menu pops up and then shutting it down? If I do that, then yes, I have to hit the power button to turn it back on. If i just hit the button on the switch, both my pro controller and my joycons can turn it back on. If you are holding the button down on the tablet and going to that menu, why are you doing that?

You can also hold the home button to put the Switch to sleep as well if you didn't know.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Kirios posted:

ARMS is good!

:yeah:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Harlock posted:

I missed the Arms event I wish there was just a demo

I think there's another one next week.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Startyde posted:

Where the gently caress is Mario Maker Switch?

My hunger grows with every waking moment.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Sonic Mania will be $20USD via the eShop :siren:

Instant instant buy for me at that price point.

I was gonna get this anyway, but this is a nice price point.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

They pushed back the paid time till 2018.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Supercar Gautier posted:

Previously the official word was that the subscription would give you one VC game a month, but the wording here about "downloading a compilation" seems like that plan might have changed. If the subscription gives you full library access and they make that library robust, then that's fantastic. If it's still a rotating monthly game, then snooooze.

The way it's worded makes me think you can download the library of just the online enabled VC games.

Edit: Also it didn't specificy just online nes/snes games this time either. So maybe online N64 games?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Artix posted:

I will never miss an opportunity to plug Kamiko. It's a great little arcade game, and it's only 5bux to boot!

I'll second it. Pretty fun game.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

irlZaphod posted:

Thank you, I was planning on reposting this when all the Pokemon stuff died down (I've been away for a few days so only found out about the Direct today, in this thread).

Yeah I think maybe the Ranks sometimes being named the same as the Class had me confused, and I guess I didn't realise how different the different genders were. I thought there were just stat/skill differences for them, but it seems more like they're treated as different classes. I was aware that Ranks increased/changed, but looking at the Class tab on the Characters status page was somewhat confusing also. I think it just lists the main Class, with the ranks (as Stars) next to it I'm guessing? Obviously there is a lot there which isn't unlocked for me yet.

A couple of things. For unlocking new classes, the requirements aren't gender specific. A healer can either be a clergy or a cleric and a brawler can be a martial artist or a fight mistress. Also you can set a unique character's subclass to fulfill the unlock requirements as well. You should also go ahead and set any unique characters with a subclass because getting subclass stars increases the points you get per level up (a star in clergy would get you more resistance and a star in warrior would get more attack for example) as well as unlocking a new evillity to buy in the skill shop for that character. You can set subclasses in the assembly if you didn't know that.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Mister Facetious posted:

Good news for Nintendo and Switch owners; anyone who browses "All Games" on PS4 each week should know by now that Sony is going, ahem- full Steam ahead with allowing any dumb gently caress indie "developer" (and I use the term loosely here) onto their store page:

It's like they actively don't want people to look at their store page (and thus, buy games) anymore.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the P-team.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

It was in ADTRW. My friend dilbert as gently caress is not mentally well and he decided it'd be a cool thing to tell another poster that if they were a girl, he'd totally gently caress them. Other poster was weirded out by this, dilbert got probated, then a few days later the other poster posted about how dilbert was trying to PM him photos of apologies he'd sliced into his arms and chest. Dilbert got permabanned and I know he still wants back in since he asked me to contact admins for him since before he was perma'd, a mod told him if he got psychological help then he could come back, but I don't think he'll ever be unpermabanned because the thing he was permabanned for is pretty out there and though he claims he has changed and gotten better, he still more or less posts in the same, incoherent style as before and he hasn't actually gotten psychological help so...

The fun thing about SA is that for every crazy goon thing there's a similar story to get it confused with. When you bring up someone carving themselves up for the forums, I thought about another story where a goon cut up their head and posted about it. At least I think that was what happened, I don't really remember the details.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

TFRazorsaw posted:

I fear it

What's to stop him from using his power against us

Just don't get too good and you should be fine. After all "The nail that sticks out shall be whammered down."

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

a.lo posted:

Should I buy the new Xbox

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Mace Bacon posted:

Still playing ARMS. It's good. I'll probably come back in a few pages and say the same thing. Thanks for listening thread. :)

:great:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

That continuous item wheel spin glitch was always really weird feeling when it happened. The timing of something I'm super familiar with being off was surprisingly disconcerting.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is there a Mario kart thread? And also is there a goon Mario kart tournament code out there?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3817496

Code should be in the op.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Infinitum posted:

So remember how Dragonball Fighter Z was announced for every system except the Switch, but Arc System Works said they were open to porting it over?

:siren: Well guess what Arc System Works game just appeared on the Aussie eShop :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNXpteQKueg

Launching 6th of July

There's so many spaces that I had to go down-under to find the video.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

JackDarko posted:

I'm put so much time into ARMS it's so good. The Mario Kart team did a terrific job. I really hope Splatoon 2 doesn't cannibalize ARMS' online community.

I wonder if Nintendo is gonna coordinate the updates between Splatoon 2 and Arms. Like one week we get a new Arm's character then two weeks later we get a new Splatoon 2 map then two weeks after that another new Arm's character, so on and so forth.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Hugoon Chavez posted:

gently caress. A friend left Arms at my place last night and I gave it a spin with regular controls instead of motion.

Ordered it a minute ago. It's way more enjoyable to me with regular controls, and the matches were quick and fun! I lost every one, though, but people have a few weeks of practice on me so that's fine.

Is there a thread for it or should I ask stuff here? I want to gjt decent!

Here you go.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3820816

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Night Blade posted:

I can deal with everything else.

But why.

Why.

Why are they shorts?

Cause they're comfy and easy to wear.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

bloodychill posted:

Why does this thread do this so much

No, I'm serious. They really are comfy.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I'm glad Kamiko is doing well.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Don't play me like this with Bayo and W101, Platinum

!!!!!!

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Mister Facetious posted:

Kidding aside, I want a post-Ganon DLC with Link and Zelda, but I don't know what it'd really be.

The Great Plateau rises, and the Shrine of Resurrection turns red.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I made a post on splatverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Junkie Disease posted:

Ok so backseat of a car ways to mount a switch. What doesn't suck?

Your mom.

edit: Oh, wait nvm.

• Locked thread