Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gunder
May 22, 2003

"Preordered" mine yesterday on Amazon UK, it'll be delivered sometime this morning. Feels odd that I was able to do that and not have to wait weeks for them to come back into stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Does anyone know if the Switch will continue to charge controllers and download games while in sleep mode? I have it sitting in the TV mode dock (which is plugged into power) with both joycons attached, a pro controller connected via USB and 2 games in the download queue. Will it continue to charge and download things while asleep, or do I have to leave it all turned on?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

It's just as well that the Pro controller feels fairly decent (not as good as a PS4 or Xbox controller though) because the joycons feel like total poo poo. They're way too small, and the sticks and buttons on them suck. The joycon controller grip that lets you combine both into a single controller shape doesn't improve anything either.

They do feel slightly improved once connected to the switch itself though.

Basically: get a pro controller.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

The network is definitely groaning under the pressure of launch day traffic. I keep having to restart my Zelda download every few minutes.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Rirse posted:

Oh well, guess I just get a 3.5M headphones even through Apple insisted on it being 'dead'.

The fact that a portable focused console was released in 2017 without Bluetooth headphone support is pretty laughable.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Anyone got a Hori tough case for their Switch? It looks pretty good.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

My switch has a slightly wobbly right joycon when connected to the console. I'm trying to figure out if the problem is with the rail built into the main body of the Switch itself, or with the connecter on the joycon. Has anyone tried swapping joycons to relieve the wobble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Had a weird blip today where my Switch suddenly span up the internal fan to max just after I started playing Zelda in handheld mode. The whole unit was perfectly cold, as it hadn't been used since yesterday, but the fan was still blowing away like mad. "Fixed" it by restarting the console. Weird.

• Locked thread