Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe
Welp my Switch and Zelda shipped via UPS which means they'll reroute it five loving times and it'll just end up in the Pacific Ocean.

Seriously, gently caress UPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe

Hungry Computer posted:

Welp, Amazon hosed up my order and I'm not getting a Switch today. Earlier this week they told me it was on track for release day shipping because I was a Prime member, and chose prime shipping at checkout. Then today they tell me the order isn't elegeble for release day shipping because the order was set to standard shipping, which it wasn't. Of course all the stores in town are already sold out...

Amazon hosed my order by giving me the Grey instead of the Neon one. When I ordered it after the Switch event, I emailed Amazon to confirm that I ordered the Neon (it didn't give me details in my order). I'm 99.99% sure I placed an order for the Neon. They come back and tell me, "nope it's the grey one you ordered the wrong one dummy and we aren't going to talk about this again". Completely disregarded a possible bug in their system, and were rather insulting to me.

Amazon's customer service has been loving garbage lately. I guess that's the result of becoming one of the biggest retailers in the world

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe

FireMrshlBill posted:

I think it depends on the rep, when my DQ8 preorder was a couple days late I complained and they gave me an additional 30% off of the 20% discount. I'm sure a good rep would have given you a free month extension on prime or $5 account credit.

The exact follow up email:

quote:

After reviewing your previous correspondence with our customer service, I can confirm the information provided to you was correct. As my colleague mentioned, you have ordered for a Gray color console.

According to the order details, I see that you have placed an for the item "Nintendo Switch Console Gray Joy-Con" not a Blue and Red variation.

I realize this is frustrating; however we aren't able to offer any additional insight or action on this matter and any further inquiries regarding this issue won't receive a response.

Amazon seriously made me think I went crazy, because I remember selecting the Neon from a dropdown box when pre-ordering. But then, they split it to two different product pages after the pre-orders were up, so then I thought, "oh god maybe I *did* order the grey one on accident?!". A couple weeks after that, they merged it back to the dropdown list which brought back flashes of memory of me loving picking the Neon console. gently caress you, Amazon. loving pricks.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I used 3 days of vacation so I could play today and over the weekend. It's going to be a real kick in the balls if it shows up on Monday.

Also even if the screen scratches easily I'll still take a scratched up screen over using a screen protector. Oh no, a scratch, the resale value is ruined.

Edit: Those scratches don't even run straight vertically so there's probably some dipshittery involved that they aren't mentioning, like with the Joy-Cons popping off.

Aw man I'm sort of there with you, sorry. I used one day of vacation today. Found out this morning it won't even arrive until after 2p PST :(. Which, for UPS, is code for Monday :(

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm liking the Joy-Cons with and without the grip. I'm actually surprised how well it works with the grip.

Waltzing Along posted:

Sigh. UPS sucks so bad. Always late as gently caress. Package on truck for 12 hours now. Dunno why Amazon after years of USPS, USPS, USPS used UPS for this delivery. So lame.

UPS surprised the gently caress out of me today. They said it'll be delivered after 2p, and the dude showed up at 2:30p. I was seriously thinking it would be here after 8p, cause that's usually UPS for me.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe

a messed up horse posted:

It's a Switchmas miracle :unsmith:

You have no idea how happy it made me, man :unsmith:

Time to see what this...Zelda game...is all about

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe
So far, I only have two complaints about the Switch (or about the Joy-Con, really):

1. It's hard for me to reach the - button. I seem to keep wanting to hit the analog stick. Maybe it's cause I have Trump hands.
2. With that being said, I am still shocked at how tiny these loving controllers are, even for my hands. It's still oddly comfortable, and after hours of playing with and without the grip, I experienced no hand fatigue.

Other than that, I'm too blown away by playing on my TV, then popping it out and continuing to play wherever the gently caress I want. I'm also blown away by how fast I get back into the game from sleep. It's nearly instant.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe

Vikar Jerome posted:

guess dogs love the taste of a switch cart in the morning!

does it still work???

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe

Bombadilillo posted:

Boy Zelda is easier if you follow the critical path. I wandered for 5-10 hours then went to where I was supposed to and got some stuff that would have been really nice to have the whole time.

By "critical path", do you mean the main quests? I've been trying to follow the main quests and I'm still getting destroyed left and right. Zelda hard :(

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe
Has anyone had an issue with the L Joy-Con becoming kind of loose in the grip? It's JUST loose enough to kind of mess with me, especially if I'm pushing up and down on the stick.

Always fuckin' problems with the L Joy-Con, Nintendo :argh:

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe

Tender Bender posted:

Anyone else's joycons a bit wiggly in handheld mode? I noticed a very slight shifting in mine, did some poking and it turns out the bottom of the plastic rail on my left joycon wiggles a bit. It's very slight but if I'm shifting the console in my hands I can sometimes feel it and it makes a slight creaking. The right joycon also wiggles but it's barely noticeable unless I'm actively trying to detect it.

Is this normal? Did I loosen it? I've held the Switch in one hand now and then when checking my phone or having a drink, but I don't think I was putting too much pressure on that joycon.

Omg I was typing my post about this exact thing :argh:

BEAT U MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!!

But for reals, it doesn't seem like the rail is loose on my Joy-Con, fortunately. I really don't know what happened. It's not a HUGE deal, but it seems like it could get worse over time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe
I really fundamentally love this console. But jesus loving christ, Nintendo:

1. L Joy-Con issues
2. Docks scratching the screens.
3. The poo poo design of the Joy-Con straps
4. And my own personal problem, the left side of the Joy-Con grip becoming loose
5. No Gorilla Glass or anything for the screens.

They need to address and fix this poo poo. Besides the 360, I can't remember a console with so many fundamentally annoying, lovely design flaws.

• Locked thread