Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
I'm on a jury and will be for the foreseeable future. A lot of time is spent in the jury room because the lawyers and judge are doing stuff we're not allowed to see a lot of the time. The Switch has made it bearable.

Thank you, Switch. Thwitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Mommy why is that man like that

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Have there been any joy cons included with a system purchased at launch that are confirmed to have the black foam piece without being sent in for repair?

I realize it's easy to say "yeah probably" but have any been seen?

I'm just trying to rationalize how some people, myself included, are having zero issues with their joy cons.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Ohtsam posted:

The black foam piece is specifically for a manufacturing issue which did not effect every lot (a.k.a production run). There have also been reports that newer joycon shipments have an updated circuit board.

Ah, so the piece is something they add to the faulty ones to correct the symptom rather than replace the faulty part with the part inside the working joycons?

EDIT: My sentence is hard to parse. My question is basically asking if the black foam corrects the symptom rather than correct the cause of the symptom itself? I.E. faulty joycons might have a bad circuit board, for instance, which can be rendered problem-free by including the foam, even if the circuit board is still faulty

Macintosh HD fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 22, 2017

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

NormenKD posted:

according to that article from earlier (updated with official Nintendo statement):

So i guess what ever part of the PCB/Shielding/Whatever got borked by that one sloppy factory Worker will stay as it is, but that foam can counteract it. So the problem is still there.

Makes sense, thanks

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
I realize the last thing we need is more flak for ports of old games, but Diablo 3 would rule on the Switch

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Splatoon is human friendly.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Infinitum posted:

It won't be launching with the other platforms, and is slated as a 2017 release

I think a lot of 3rd party devs were waiting to see what was happening with the Switch before they started committing man hours to port to it.

I wonder if the JonTron firing will be delaying it though?

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Consummate Professional posted:

Splatoon is cool. The gyro aiming is weird

Is it different from the first game?

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
I suck at Splatoon 2 :smith:

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
I'd just like to add that there are a few different iPad charges floating around. There's a 10W and a 12W variant. Sounds like enojy is describing the 12W one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Thread posted:

ableist

The Nintendo Switch thread has once again demonstrated an uncanny ability to transform into the weirdest arguments ever

• Locked thread