Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nintendo (twice): yeah mate you'll definitely get it release day it's being sent via next day delivery courier it's cool

My package: on the other end of the country at 3:30am the day of release, going through Royal Mail.

I'm exceedingly excited for this console, but....ever feel like you've been cheated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Goobs posted:

splatoon is good. i still have that f***ing music stuck in my head.

You can just say 'gently caress', dude.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Switch is in a delivery centre really close to me now and I got all anxious for nothin (although I was expecting that to be the case tbh). If it comes as part of the regular mail I'll get it before midday. FUUUUUUCK YES

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not at my console right now but can you remove the straps from the Joy-Con enhancer things easily?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If your hand is big enough to be cramped by handheld I think the grip might not be for you. I played for 12 hours yesterday and was totally fine but my friend with a bigger hand cramped up after a few hours.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

parallelodad posted:

Yes. The trick, and this should maybe go in the OP, is you DO NOT press the button. You just release the lock. In the strap, you forget about the button. The reason it's so hard is because it's impossible to get leverage when you're trying to press the button. The strap doesn't use it as its locking mechanism. Just release the lock, grab the strap and joycon firmly with each hand, and slide the strap up.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22334/p/897

There's a ton of articles online talking about this on various tech sites and all of the articles are wrong and tell you to press the button. Forget about the button, that's just for detaching from the grips and console itself.

Oh, I meant removing the straps from the strap holders themselves. Can't see myself needing them on until ARMS comes out.

and yeah a grip with a bigger body would be ideal for a lot of people I think!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Joy-Con charge lasts forever so charge it overnight/whenever you sleep and you should literally never have a problem

• Locked thread