Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

My Switch (from GameStop) will be at the UPS depot tomorrow morning, as will my preorder for the new Temples album (coincidentally releasing tomorrow).

My copy of BOTW is coming from Amazon, and it shows a USPS tracking number. The gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Finished BotW so this morning I called Nintendo to arrange for my Switch to be repaired.

One of the speakers has been totally hosed since I pulled the thing out of the box - it distorts super badly even playing UI sound effects if I set the volume above ~25%. If I'm lucky, they can just replace the speaker module and that'll fix it. If I'm not, the sound board may be broken, which probably means a new system board and a loss of all my saves.

Anyone here had a Switch repair done yet?

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Downloaded TP
Played a match, got annihilated
Played a second match, got annihilated
Deleted TP

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Actually it was more like 4 matches but with two each with both the motion controls and the pro controller. Just not very fun.

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

lol ARMS loving sucks 😂

it's a goddamned shame though because I love the visual style and the characters; maybe it'll have a good single player campaign like Splatoon did that wasn't announced before it was released.

it's like; this title is the riskiest from nintendo all year, and i get the feeling that it's precisely the kind of game that absolutely should not be released in a super limited option "test punch" format of 1-hour at a time that basically allows people who think "hmmm... this looks like it might be good but will probably suck" to have their suspicions confirmed

• Locked thread