Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
japtor
Oct 28, 2005

beergod posted:

Has anyone had luck with Google Express? They're telling me I can order it through them for purchase at Target and they'll deliver it tomorrow. Is there any chance this will work? gently caress Best Buy so hard.
Well poo poo I'm trying. And promo FAST35 for $35 off pretty much takes care of tax and shipping for me in CA. Delivery time in the morning too at some indeterminate point tomorrow.

japtor fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Mar 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

beergod posted:

They're telling me no delivery until Saturday. Who knows at this point.
Well I read the delivery estimate wrong...I thought it was 8AM-10AM, it's to 10PM :downs:. That's a bit more realistic.

beergod posted:

Thanks. I wonder how accurate this is. It's showing tons of them available at the 24-hour Walmarts near me. But of course they aren't answering the phones, which I understand if its crazy.
I saw someone mention their store having like half the stock listed on the site, like the number included preorders for that store at least.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

beergod posted:

Is your Google Express order being delivered the 3rd or the 4th?
Confirmation email says 4th. I am bad at this. (While website is only listing time but no date)

I just remember it giving two delivery options for the same price and picked the sooner one (maybe the other option was the 6th then?). Eh whatever, as long as it saves me from driving around and waiting in line and crap it's fine, especially for $35 off.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

BambooEarpick posted:

See, this is what I find puzzling. I've heard the screen is glass, and I'm almost certain that plastics can't scratch glass because of their hardness rating or whatever, right?
Apparently it's plastic and no one noticed until now or something. So hey less likely to break...but probably easy to scratch.

Guess I'll be in the market for a glass screen protector now :downs:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

I'm predicting a whole bunch of little things like the screen being plastic to crop up and piss people off.
I'm predicting I will have a lot of fun with Zelda and not give a poo poo about a lot of the little things.

PerrineClostermann posted:

Isn't it going to be PET Film?
I think they have two available? Like one regular and one premium or heavy duty or something, I figured the former is a film type and the other is glass but haven't looked into it.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Mr Phillby posted:

gently caress this thing is so versatile! I love it!

Been playing muliplayer Snipperclips and Fast RMX on the TV and in airplane mode all day now I'm going to sit up all night playing Zelda in bed.

The only real annoyance so far is working out how to effectively communicate the controls to the person using the other Joycon as they're labeled differently.
I was curious how those work, does it still use letter labels in game or just arrows like the left joycon?

That's more or less how I describe controls to people, top/bottom/left/right buttons rather than the actual labels.

Oh and Google Express/Target canceled my neon order cause it's out of stock. Can't say I'm too surprised but a bit annoying that it took 12+ hours for that to happen.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Does the full version of Puyo Puyo Tetris have the option to increase AI difficulty? All I've found in the demo is the handicap setting, and all that seems to do is make my pieces drop faster.
I've read elsewhere that traditionally in the Puyo games the harder AI characters are at the bottom so I guess try that.

I've resorted to playing 1v3 against the bottom row of characters. It's generally still not consistent enough of a challenge but it can keep things interesting or at least have the games going longer than 1v1. Or could try playing against Puyo but I haven't tried that myself, the potential for Puyo garbage is pretty massive so if the AI is good enough that should be fun.

Can't wait to get my rear end beat online, haven't been able to find anyone among my friends that can remotely challenge me. One handicap I did was swapping left/right joycons...which still wasn't a huge handicap when I didn't have to rotate a piece. Another would be the alternate control schemes, cause there's no explanation for them.

japtor fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 17, 2017

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Binary Badger posted:

You have to go to the Home menu then select System Settings > System, then select System Update on the right pane.

Out of the box, for me, the update didn't occur automatically, but you can set it to auto-update.

The current Switch system is v.2.2.0.

Has the thread decided on a favorite AC adapter, or is the answer 'just get Nintendo's'?
I've had the system since launch and had it up to date, and it still asked to do a system update when I put my SD card in recently. I remember it did it for people with SD cards at launch but assumed it was part of the day 1 update. Wonder if it does a separate update for it or if it was just an initialization step.

As for power I just use a multi charger brick I've been using for a while now.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Healbot posted:

Because it presents a challenge and you get to call yourself a Grandmaster of Tetris if you succeed in a prolonged trial.
Hell it's the only Tetris that provides a challenge for them (single player at least).

Evil Fluffy posted:

The gameplay during the credit roll is nothing short of mindblowing either.
And you only get the special credit roll if you played through well enough, beyond just getting to it in the first place.

eonwe posted:

because its insanely hard as gently caress and there is a grandmaster certification wherein you have to do some insane poo poo multiple games in a row and maybe you'll become a grandmaster

also the last time I checked there was only a single American grandmaster, and if its expanded past that, I still bet you could count the number of grandmasters on a single hand in north america
Heh, best video is when he failed, skip to 7 minutes in:
https://youtu.be/lDk0s8B_Pc0

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Do we have a chat or something to setup Puyo Tetris games? (And sure, Mario Kart and other stuff too, why not)

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

raditts posted:

re: Cave Story

Unless the remake(s) are radically different from the original, then yeah I'd pay $15 at the absolute max. It's a pretty good game and it would have been worth that when it came out 15 years ago when good indie games weren't that common and "metroidvania" wasn't a term, but I feel like anyone who paid full price for it now to play it for the first time would probably be disappointed.
I thought it added two player, but apparently that's coming in an update later. And knowing Nicalis, it'll be delayed and/or buggy.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Tatsuta Age posted:

I guess what I mean is, I can use prime or gcu for physical games, is there any equivalent way to do that for digital?
Closest thing is GameStop's trade in deal bonus going on right now...if you have enough games to trade in: 60-70% extra if you trade six or more games. Some people have traded in their physical copies (that they got at Prime/GCU price), which basically get full retail value back, then buy eShop cards to buy them all back digitally.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Will the switch put audio out through the headphone jack while docked or is audio only on HDMI then?
Headphone jack works while docked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Mega64 posted:

So basically get as much in for this thread today as you can.

NINTENDO WHERE THE gently caress IS WRECKING CREW I SWEAR TO GOD
I've been saying for years to bring Wrecking Crew back as a Blast Corps clone with the Wario Bros.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Love him saying "We heard your feedback and are giving you what you've asked for" like he's sitting in on the board meetings with the game developer.
Now I'm imagining all the gamers on the WWE roster walking in to the boardroom demanding a Switch version with their ring outfits.

Or something like front office Kane where they're shirtless but with slacks on.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Buying a Switch with non-matching Joycons :lol:
That's why you buy the neon joycon set so you have matching blue and red pairs of joycons :colbert:

• Locked thread