Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Digital Foundry Blaster Master series retrospective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4sGoZEQPlU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

We just got the Tomorrow Corp games today and a gyro pointer is no replacement for IR. It's so drifty.
Good job the one I got at least (HRM) lets you do everything touchscreen.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Were there even any Neo Geo shooters that use a tate orientation? I dunno if publishers would ever go for it because you probably shouldn't support the weight of the tablet on a joycon at the bottom.

Edit: Resting your index fingers half way up the Switch gives good support, but I'm sure they wouldn't trust everyone to do that.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Mar 24, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I bet homebrewing with MAME and a 3D printed tate side-rail solution is a part of this machine's future.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Is anyone else having issues accessing the eShop? Specifically Aussies?

Got me golf game in NZ, which is probably the same servers.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If you don't play as Thomas the Technician in Turf Masters, you don't know what you're doing.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

ChocNitty posted:

. My doctors appointment always has an hour long wait, so I bring my Switch today and the place is empty and I only wait 10 minutes.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to sink a few holes in Neo Turf Masters.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

a potentially subpar game

This man doesn't know the meaning of subpar.

edit: Wait. Subpar is good in golf. I take it back.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Gyro rules, fools!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Feenix posted:

And yes, it was discouraging to repeatedly die and never even get close to killing someone,

Don't make that the goal. Next time focus on covering the stage.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You like golf?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yo. Neo Geo golf fans, if you scale the visuals to 150, you get a pure 3x scale. For a little bit more boarder, you get perfectly even pixels or scanlines.

This also applies to non golf Neo Geo games like Nam 1975,

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

My games have been 90% Japanese players, but I did download the thing from the Japanese store, since it came up there first.

edit: Though, I remember getting mostly JP players in the original. Maybe they lump NZ/Aus with Japan as some 'oceania' region.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 25, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Wow Zelda is a stuttering mess compared to Spla2oon

It's much more important for this to be consistently 60fps.
I hope the hub is full speed too this time.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

There's no gyro invert option in Splatoon 2 either but at this point I'm willing to accept the fact that I'm a hosed up freak. It takes me a few minutes to adjust every time I pick up the controller but it's still good as hell.

Hold the joycon upside down :D

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Stux posted:

its really only there to give an option for people who have trouble using them

Or the other way around.

Is widdiw mister COD man having trouble? Aww. It's okay. We'll turn off that nasty motion *pat pat*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Children don't care about Splatoon. There's no way to call people gay.

It's for serious eSporters, remember?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI&t=177s

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

fivegears4reverse posted:

I dunno, you seem to care enough about it to leap to the defense of the controls that not everyone likes.

I'm leaping at the guy who's definitively saying the gyro is a crutch for people who can't play sticks well. It's as silly as the argument the other way around.

Except the other way around is true:ninja:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

there's nothing to play on this system for a month.

You like golf?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I was doing just fine in the Puyo Puyo Tetris campaign till it asked me to do Big Bang Puyo.
Guess it's time I actually learnt to play PP properly :(

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

parallelodad posted:

Zelda just updated. I don't know what has been added except now you can select voice language in settings, Options were match system setting, English, Japanese, French, French Canadian, Spanish, kings spanish, Italian, and probably some others

Over the map thing, This is the reason I wish I could have started it now. English Zelda was baloney.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

One thing you learn is goons are loving weird about voice acting.

Yeah. It sucks when it's bad. Weird.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Oh my god. The Metroid Amiibo is squishy!
https://twitter.com/KyleMHilliard/status/874746378580185088

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just jumping on to the Yoshi part of today's Treehouse now and it hit me. The visuals are a throwback to Yoshi's Story.
I'm gonna unpause the stream and anticipate the revelation that the goal in each stage is to eat 30 melons.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Is there a way to replay the tutorial in the Splatoon 2 demo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

Download the new splatfest client and boot that poo poo up

That's what I'm using. You get a tutorial to run around in on first boot, but just the hub after that.

• Locked thread