Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I want another Luigi's Mansion that's more in line with the first one instead of multiple smaller mansions broken up into small segements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This is good video game music

Also everyone saying they'll pick up a Switch during the holidays with Mario might wanna try middle of the summer instead. Demand doesn't seem to be slowing down and given both a new Mario and holiday demand I think it'll be even harder to get then

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Ventana posted:

Didn't Splatoon have several whole modes come in through DLC as well? Idk if that was all time contraints or on-purpose spreading out content, but the stuff that was on disk at least seems fairly culpable.

That was DLC, something Nintendo allows. The "patch" for Playgrounds is literally adding in a mode they've been advertising as a feature of the game since launch that would cause the file size to be much much larger then what the game is stated to be. Nintendo isn't pleased about it, understandably, but the devs are passing it off as Nintendo's fault for being pissed their patch is really finishing a game that has been out for over a month

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

They pretty much pissed on the burning fire that was the Master Chief collection and said good enough as the fire imploded on itself. It still isn't feature complete. Probably Microsoft's fault I'm sure

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Nintendo should just make its own Monster Hunter but instead have it be Metroid: Bounty Hunters. Travel to planets with friends and take down huge rear end aliens to collect crafting poo poo and space dollars? I dunno what currency the federation uses

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Silver Falcon posted:

Throw in the option to play as the Edincoots/Dakora (sp?) for us weirdos who main Prowlers, and you have my attention.

I'm picturing like instanced hubs that are federation space station out posts that can have like 50 players where you can buy junk and get quests and form a team then travel to a planet for bounties

Al Borland Corp. posted:

They use metroids as currency, which is why they are such a problem.

I think my favorite metroid lore was the one scan in the first prime where the space pirate scientists put out a mass msssage telling people to stop stealing metroids from research to play with or keep as pets

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I have never played Cave Story. I think I should get it for Switch cause it's supposed to be decent?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Diablo 3 with expansions would make me very happy on the Switch but I feel we're losing sight of what's important; Hollow Knight when?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hard mode, early on, really emphasizes stealing weapons in a group fight from dead or downed enemy to use on others and it actually feels pretty cool

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I gotta use 15 vacation days or lose them before October so I'm gonna take the week off starting on Splatoon 2's release so I can squid all over

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Imagined posted:

How NPCs react to you if you're wearing the Tingle suit.

:perfect:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I never trade in my video games. I keep them all. I even still have a copy of Vampire Rain for the 360. It sits under my floor like the Telltale Heart

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

In a little less then three weeks we will get Splatoon 2 and be able to spray each other with sticky squid goo

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Not only is Bayonetta's combat more in depth and fun the protagonist isn't a massive boring pile of poo poo like Kratos is. I still don't know how you can take the insanity of Ancient Greek god myths and crank out a story as utterly boring and angst filled as God of War got

My dream Plantinum game would be a Fist of the North Star brawler not gonna lie

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Fuuuuuuuuck

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Coolspaz posted:

I have a feeling I'm the only one who is excited for Splatoon 2

How dare you

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Basically if the Sony conference had gone first most of the ire would have went to Sony giving Microsoft the time to pull out of the dumb idea. Sony got lucky Microsoft decide to be the first one to jump in front of the firing squad. I still think if MS had kept its dumb mouth shut until it saw if Sony was following the poo poo idea people wouldn't have flocked to the PS4 at launch as much as they did. Both the first year of the Xbone and the PS4 had pretty bleh first party titles and all the same third party stuff. Sony got such a large instal base simply by not being the one to voice bad ideas first compared to Nintendo or MS while having the same trash ideas

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mega64 posted:

No vagina bones, no sale.

I will never admit to being a fan of video games to average people in my life cause gamer culture is hot trash that needs to be fired into the sun

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Spellman posted:

Boob size should be determined by your answers to stranger's questions on a train

I want Rover to interview me about the town I'm moving to again but this time on the Switch :sigh:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Spellman posted:

Well SJWs do influence what's inappropriate this generation, but people who advocate for supposed decency in games and other media have always existed

The censorship/localization debate predates the acronym for the clinically offended, though

:chloe:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

It's loving weird but just booting up my Switch and using it makes me happy. There's something about it that just feels fun. Or maybe I have a brain tumor messing up my thoughts and emotions

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Well poo poo RIP me. Question: can ghosts play the Nintendo Switch? :ghost:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dehry posted:

Splatoon 2 has hit below Prime/Gamer's Club discounts on Walmart and Amazon.

E: At least they were around 9am when the postings were made. Unavailable on Amazon now.

The thirst for fresh is real

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Oh hey Platinum Games new twitter is tweeting neat pict-
https://mobile.twitter.com/platinumgames_j/status/882798952407416832
:stare:

Don't play me like this with Bayo and W101, Platinum

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

VideoGames posted:

Everytime the Switch thread gets a bit nutty, it gets an equally nutty thread title. I do this for other threads too.

VideoGames don't act you know this is the best thread in the Games subfourm because it contains all of us inside like some kind of hellish island of the insane and damned

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

In ten minutes we'll all float down here

Float as squids

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Callie is a traitor now so congrats to all the people who are betraying squids now I guess

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Marina > Pearl I'm ready to stand by that and fight you if you disagree

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Anyone know when we can download the phone app?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Double post edit

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Pearl's design does make sense if you look at her as the girl squid version of Eminem

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

Is it weird I only dock my Switch to charge and never to play?

The Switch is your friend no matter how you play it!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

spit on my clit posted:

when your game isnt on the switch

sonic crash spyro knack is totally gonna replace mario as the de facto popular video game platform mascot wrap it up nintendoomed

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I can't wait until people extrapolate the sales of Knack 2 in...I guess the UK is probably the best bet being better than Mario Odyssey as undeniable proof Knack is better than Mario in every way.

Wasn't there a large amount of true Knack believers on like neogaf or here in games that made a bunch of gifs before knack crashed and burned that are now retroactively hilarious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

We should celebrate the end of this thread by screeching like mole people the entirety of the next page

• Locked thread