Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The contacts might have some gunk on them or be damaged. They are tucked away, so I don't know how you would clean them. Perhaps an alcohol soaked tissue and a toothpick maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Don't take my word for it but when I downloaded the Splatoon global whatever with my Japanese account, it showed up as purchased on my America account.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm currently on charge three for my pro controller. Charged it when I first got it, charged it last week and I'm charging it now.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If they could make them, they'd have sold 2 million by now probably. Would be interesting to see how many they can make a month. They have to get Switches out to people now as well as build up a big stock for the holidays.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

The Bloop posted:

Nope, still wrong. Not that it should matter. I am a mental health professional, though. I work with people who do have autism.

Common use of "autistic" as a slur is hate speech that dehumanizes and harms people just as surely as hate speech based on race or sexual orientation.

You shouldn't do it.

When you feel like posting a slur, you should probably log off and go enjoy your Nintendo Switch instead.

Can I call people sperglords since Aspergers was removed from the DSMV?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Is the orange light on the Pro controller supposed to turn off when it's done charging, or is it just kind of there?

I left my pro controller plugged into my power strip overnight and the light turned off.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Beastie posted:

I broke down and bought an Amiibo. A bokoblin, it's all Target had. I really like the ugly bastard.

Doesn't it only give bokoblin weapons? I somehow found a Smash Link amiibo for 10 dollars on Amazon and for some reason a OoT Link for 1 cent on Amazon as well.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I've had some minor issues with my gyro controls. I don't know if it's possible for these to get gimbal locked (I think gryos for controllers are just little flaps instead of rings) but it felt like my controller was gimbal locked and wouldn't respond. I had to shake it a bit and then it was fine. That has happened twice in the "75 hours or more" the Switch tells me I've played.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

iajanus posted:

For a given value of the word "work", though; plenty of combinations give dubious food with the total benefit of 1 health (or less). Although sometimes you get better dubious food...

I was overjoyed when I worked out that adding rice to various things gave sushi with pretty massive benefits

Only combine food and you won't get anything dubious.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

GI_Clutch posted:

Man, I got a really good bow I've never had before out of shrine chest. Of course, I immediately drop it so I can take a picture for the compendium. Too bad it slid off of the platform into lava. :(

And unrelated, but my issues with the Switch not wanting to output a signal when docked unless I unplug and replug the HDMI cable a few times was resolved by swapping in a different HDMI cable. I haven't had an issue in days now. Not sure if it's worth the hassle of bugging Nintendo about a cheapo HDMI cable though.

Just reload your autosave. Not like shrines are all that hard once you figure them out.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I can make my own stand. Though I have a feeling all these Lego bits cost more than the 13 dollars the Hori stand costs.

Mistakes were made during development. Big thumbs up to the AmFilm glass screen protector. It does its job.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The previous version I made held onto the switch on all four sides. This one does not. I tilted it so it slipped out and landed screen first on my 2DS AC adapter.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The AUD price probably includes VAT.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is Lego City whatever at all reminiscent of a Lego Island type game? People have mentioned it's like GTA in Lego. Most lego games I've played are pretty much "here's this set piece from a popular movie, bash up the bits and collect lego parts to move the story forward." Something open world like in Lego Island where I get to decide where to go would be neat.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

Have you played Lego Island recently? It's... not how you remember it.

They should make Lego Racers 3. The second one was such a disappointment.

It was a fun world that felt alive to my dumb kid brain. I just want that again.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Mahoning posted:

For the life of me I can't understand why that comic is some repeated joke that people think is funny. Is there some backstory to it that I'm missing? Otherwise, it's not good enough to be famous for being good, yet not bad enough to be famous for being bad. It's just there. And nerds for whatever reason think it's hilarious. Because "webcomic" lol amiright.

It's funny because Tim B^Uckley, a peophile former webcomic artist, tried to be very deep with a comic where the main character's girlfriend lost her baby or whatever. Except it had no weight because his comic sucked and he was also a pedophile.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I want Puyo Puyo Tetris but I don't know if I 40 dollars want it. I kind of 20 dollars want it. I guess I'll just make do with the demo.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Music Theory posted:

i really want to get Voez because I like the phone version but it's $25 dollars and also I'm weird and want to keep fingerprints off my fancy new device's screen for as long as possible

I don't know if you know this, but fingerprints wipe right off. Honest.

VideoGames posted:

If I create a new account for the USA thing does that mean I get another user on my switch? I don't know how the heck to do another account thing. Also why on earth would they delay Isaac?

Yes, it just adds an account to the switch. You can still play the game with your main account. It's probably delayed to finish all the languages or something.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I feel like I had somehow found a way to access that from a controller but I guess I was just imagining it. You have to hold the home button on the switch itself to access the reboot/shut down menu.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What controller out there has a spot to rest your fingers when you aren't using the triggers?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I wish more switch games had demos. I'd like to know what I'm getting into with some of these.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I used a horse when looking for stables to get warp points. Now that I'm done with that, I'll probably never use another horse.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Norns posted:

The left side of my screen has a rub spot from the 4 times I've put it in dock.

For as much as I Iike the Switch. The dock is a ugly piece of poo poo.

That's from the rubber bit rubbing against the screen. You can probably wipe it off, I was able to.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Also, get the amFilm screen protector.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
After bothering to make sure my battery pack is actually charged, my Switch is still at 100% after several minutes of zelda. That means I can get over 12 hours of switch use on the go.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Calaveron posted:

First time I've used the switch on portable mode. Gets pretty warm. Is there a way of turning it off or can I just put it to sleep and put it in its case without fearing it'll overheat and bake itself dead

Hold down the home button on the Switch itself (not a controller) and a menu will pop up that lets you turn it off or reboot. Highly suggest shutting it down entirely. Jeff Gerstmann said that on his way to PAX, he threw his Switch into a pouch while the plane was taking off. It had somehow gotten nudged in a way that woke it up and his switch was very warm when he took it back out. Also, people are saying that they are putting their switch to sleep and then it's dead when they want to use it. Turning it off will make sure it won't wake up at random.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 18, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
So is Nintendo just saving all the new information about the Switch until E3?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

They DID release the GameCube Adapter and start a whole manufacturing process for Gamecube controllers, all for Smash (and thank god they did!), but they probably didn't want to sell digital games that required an additional, non-included controller that seemed arbitrary.

Most virtual console games on the Wii require an additional, non-included controller.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I guess it all depends on whether or not Nintendo thinks it is worth it to do GC virtual console with the adapter, just do HD remasters of their best gamecube games, or not even bother at all. In the end, I still have my Wii and a gamecube controller. I can always just buy gamecube games. I have a feeling that even though Nintendo knows we want GC virtual console, they won't bother. Apparently the WiiU is able to play gamecube games natively but Nintendo disables it.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 19, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It would be cool if Nintendo sold Virtual Console carts or something. You could buy the entire Zelda collection or all the Marios. For 60 bucks they could offer all the Zeldas up to Majoras Mask.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Will Othello ever be released on the US eshop? Can text be set to English? Should I just buy it from the Japan shop?

Edit: Binding of Isaac looks ugly as gently caress, wow.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Anyone else think doubling production could be a mistake?

No. Even with scalpers, there are people showing up to stores asking when Switches will be available. Nintendo has spaced games out enough to get several bumps this year. I know a few people who have said they will wait until the game they want is out before buying a Switch. There are still a lot of potential switch customers out there. When the right game comes out that piques their interest, they will buy one. Even if things slow down, we have the hype of Mario Kart soon, and Mario at the end of the year. Splatoon 2 is a good way to get people who stuck with WiiU to finally get a switch. Then there's all the people who will want a Switch for the holidays. Switch hype is huge and I think Nintendo will do just fine. Even if there are stretches of the year where Switches sit on shelves, they will disappear when the next big Nintendo game comes out.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Switched.on posted:

Question, is the dock gonna be too snug if I get a glass screen protector and a dock-sock as well? I really like the look of some of those dock covers on etsy, but still want a screen protector since it's a portable system.

You don't need some dumb dock thing. Just get a glass screen protector and you'll be fine.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

It doesn't require skill and you don't have to kill people to win

Empress Brosephine posted:

The Fischer price of shooters, it rewards existing instead of skill.

Why are you so mad about a video game?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

parallelodad posted:

The WiiU is literally the worst console media center and all of its apps are slow and buggy as crap. Please by a real streaming device and don't use consoles.

If you want a good media box, get an Xbox one. It might have lame games but it's great for media consumption.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If the Zelda dlc is an off-road skateboard with skate 3 controls, I'll never stop playing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Maybe they should add a quest that unlocks late in the game that lets you make your favorite items indestructible. You have to grind out a bunch of rare materials but you get to keep your favorite sword.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

Now I have an amazing claymore I don't want to use because I might need it later. Actively discouraging me from using my good weapons.

Just use the weapons. Use appropriate weapons for the task at hand, but use your weapons. When you get an item as a monster drop, that means you're going to get a bunch more from other monsters. When you find a weapon in the world, mark it on the map and come back for it again later. You aren't going to run out of weapons.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If you found a super strong OH sword, you would always use that sword when you need a OH weapon. The same goes for any category. The current system works pretty well to make you switch things up every once in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think having to render the menu system on the gamepad would have just made even more performance problems on the WiiU, which already runs worse than the Switch version.

• Locked thread