Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Shim will you do an AMA for regulars, casuals, and civilians alike?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Oh god yes.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Shim do the needful

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Way way too many times.

Sure Zeris I'll shoot.

AMA.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
How much weed do you smoke?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Grognan posted:

How much weed do you smoke?

A lot.

I don't really get high anymore, I just get lifted more or less.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Yo Shim you said in current events a while back that the IC is the last people you want against you but you also mentioned something called CI. I get IC is intel community but what's CI?

How badly can these guys gently caress you over if they want? I guess they can pretty much find out anything and everything about you huh

Jun 27, 2002

Carrion Fairy
what's the weirdest/highspeediest alphabet soup unit you ever rolled with?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

666 posted:

what's the weirdest/highspeediest alphabet soup unit you ever rolled with?

Weirdest? Navy Carrier CIC gig for an exercise (First time integration of F-22's into a joint air exercise) Highest speed? I was assigned to JSOC for close to 6 years.

Two Finger posted:

Yo Shim you said in current events a while back that the IC is the last people you want against you but you also mentioned something called CI. I get IC is intel community but what's CI?

How badly can these guys gently caress you over if they want? I guess they can pretty much find out anything and everything about you huh

CI is counter intelligence and outside of the military (I.E. CIA/FBI) they're the last people you want to be interested in your rear end.

What can these guys do? Bring evidence to a federal grand jury in coordination with a U.S. attorneys office or special prosecutor, that you are a goddamn enemy of the state. Their investigatorial powers are loving vast. And they get to use the full might and force of the IC to pursue their targets.

Right now that community is digging deep into Donnie and Co.

The subpoena's have to be landing soon. Watch.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Are you mentioned in Relentless Strike, either by name or deeds?

I haven't finished it yet, but man it would kill me if there was mention of a ShimRant™

Jun 27, 2002

Carrion Fairy
^ that would be weird as gently caress

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Weirdest? Navy Carrier CIC gig for an exercise (First time integration of F-22's into a joint air exercise) Highest speed? I was assigned to JSOC for close to 6 years.

ever come across those fort belvoir guys?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Haven't read the book can't say to be honest. I highly doubt I'm mentioned.

I can say I was assigned to JSOC, that much is on the unclassified record- I'm not gonna get into the units except to drunkenly bitch about SEALs in a general manner.

It's worth noting my tenure there is what broke me mentally and physically. It was both the best and worst times in my life.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Okay I go to sleep at 7 am central so I'll be back in 12-16 hours, yes my schedule is bizarre.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Well I guess I'm up for a little while longer but didn't want anyone that reads this during the day to wonder why I've disappeared.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Bitch some more about SEALs, that never gets old.

What were your thoughts on that Intercept article about DEVGRU, generally speaking?

Jun 27, 2002

Carrion Fairy

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Haven't read the book can't say to be honest. I highly doubt I'm mentioned.

I can say I was assigned to JSOC, that much is on the unclassified record- I'm not gonna get into the units except to drunkenly bitch about SEALs in a general manner.

It's worth noting my tenure there is what broke me mentally and physically. It was both the best and worst times in my life.

seals being idiots is a recurring theme in any publication on JSOC. what do you suppose is wrong with those guys on a cultural level?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I honestly don't know. They did have the worst officers, though, hands down.

Jun 27, 2002

Carrion Fairy
if you could go back in time and tell one person you encountered in the .mil to smdftb who would it be and why?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

666 posted:

if you could go back in time and tell one person you encountered in the .mil to smdftb who would it be and why?

LTG Michael Flynn, because he whored himself out to Putin and Trump alike.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Not Jesus?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Fellow Jew, and I've read the book about him and he seemed like an alright guy.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Is JSOC in Florida so that they can gently caress with Cuba? Do we have a current war plan for taking them over?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I always assumed JSOC was in Florida because it's nice and ever since Kennedy, SOF gets mostly what SOF wants.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Shim, how often do you replay the new Medal of Honor games so that you can remain a high-speed, low-drag Tier 1 operator?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Shim, did you ever get any silly/funny/embarrassing nicknames during your time?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I like to imagine Shim as Sgt. Slaughter, but in an Air Force PT uniform with a bathrobe over it and instead of a campaign cover, wearing a trucker hat with the civil air patrol logo.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Shim are there any good books about the intel communities?
I'm about halfway through Relentless Strike about JSOC which is a drat good read but wondering if there's anything else you can recommend

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

did you ever meet DEMO DICK and why do you think trump didn't pick him to replace flynn

Jun 27, 2002

Carrion Fairy

Reverand maynard posted:

did you ever meet DEMO DICK and why do you think trump didn't pick him to replace flynn

and who would win in a tomahawk duel, demo dick or steven seagal

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Steven seagal might win a duel against a piece of steak but that's about it these days

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'd put money on the steak. He might demolish a wedding cake though.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Ceiling fan posted:

Is JSOC in Florida so that they can gently caress with Cuba? Do we have a current war plan for taking them over?

JSOC is headquartered at Ft. Bragg NC.

Pesticide20 posted:

Shim, how often do you replay the new Medal of Honor games so that you can remain a high-speed, low-drag Tier 1 operator?

Never was a trigger puller, and never really play FPS's anymore. They're all too similar to me.

redneck nazgul posted:

Shim, did you ever get any silly/funny/embarrassing nicknames during your time?

Yeah, my USAF callsign was a doozy. I'd post it here but I still go by that name with some people so that's not happening.

Two Finger posted:

Shim are there any good books about the intel communities?
I'm about halfway through Relentless Strike about JSOC which is a drat good read but wondering if there's anything else you can recommend

Not an IC book exactly but Blind Mans Bluff is one of my favorite military books and almost all the work those guys did was intel.

Reverand maynard posted:

Nope, and no idea TBQH.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
what's your favorite chill jam to blaze to

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
what's your favorite smooth jam to gently caress to

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

why dont you post about football more

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
What's the assessment like for those fancy lad units you rolled with?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

maffew buildings posted:

what's your favorite chill jam to blaze to

Good Thoughts, Bad Thoughts by Funkadelic

Godholio posted:

what's your favorite smooth jam to gently caress to

Keith Sweat✌️

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

why dont you post about football more

I'm a Vikings fan, it's been a few years since I could be excited about my team.

Deathy McDeath posted:

What's the assessment like for those fancy lad units you rolled with?

They're very very good at what they do. But you already knew that.

LtCol J. Krusinski fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Mar 4, 2017

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

"LtCol J. Krusinski" posted:

I'm a Vikings fan, it's been a few years since I could be excited about my team.

What do you think Teddy Bridgewaters chances of returning are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

like on a scale of chill to 2spooky how spooky was the poo poo you ran with jsoc

• Locked thread