Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Were you on that deployment? I'd love to hear just why it was such a nightmare. Big USMC? Bad officers? It is a mystery to me.

Give us the down low man. Obviously nothing classified or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
they ran out of hooah/oorah bars and ripits halfway thru the op

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
1. Marry, kill, gently caress:

Choices are:

Zeris, N4I, Godholio

2. Care to share your thoughts/stories re: MDG leadership at your last duty station? :allears:

3. Weirdest Uber story?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Derek Dominoe posted:

1. Marry, kill, gently caress:

Choices are:

Zeris, N4I, Godholio

2. Care to share your thoughts/stories re: MDG leadership at your last duty station? :allears:

3. Weirdest Uber story?

1. Marry Zeris, Kill Godholio, and gently caress N4I once I've contracted something that's permanent.

2. I typed it all out then deleted it. gently caress everyone in that Mental Health clinic/ADAPT.

3) CEO of a hospital network was my fare and after we got to talking he gave me his card and said come to work for him anytime. Dude was coked out of his gourd and wound up tighter than a 5 penny alternator. I took him to the shittiest of the lovely neighborhoods and he got outta the car in a coat and tie in mid July and just crack head crab walked off into the hood from this empty parking lot.

Kinda wanna call him and see if he's down to get baked but I don't do pills or powders and that's all rich white people do. They think of weed as something burnouts smoke. But meth in many forms and Cocaine are acceptable.

I'm pretty sure this dude was looking to score crack.

I don't really enjoy the company of crackheads. I tolerate pot heads.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

who was your favourite ik so far

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

corollary who would win in a celebrity deathmatch between me and ebb

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

and could donald trump beat up the queen

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EBB

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Two Finger posted:

and could donald trump beat up the queen

No.

She would ram her purse up his urethra while she fist fucks him.

But to be fair, she could do that to most men.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I can't begin to imagine how deep the hole goes. Due to the nature of politics as is they could have something explosively bad and he's still gonna have 30%-40% popular support.

That's the scary part.

The truly scary part.

At this point I'm struggling to see what could be more explosive than what has begun to be shown already, unless they have on tape DJT sucking Putin's dick while signing a clearly readable form saying 'I WILL BE GOOD TO RUSSIA IF YOU HELP ME WIN THE ELECTION PS I AM ALSO A MUSLIM'

Genocide Tendency posted:

No.

She would ram her purse up his urethra while she fist fucks him.

But to be fair, she could do that to most men.

ok now i wanna see this

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Two Finger posted:

who was your favourite ik so far

Me.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

they ran out of hooah/oorah bars and ripits halfway thru the op

what is a ripit anyway

like a redbull or something?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Two Finger posted:

what is a ripit anyway

It's to red bull what Crackhead Charlie is to Lawyers Doing Blow.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

It's to red bull what Crackhead Charlie is to Lawyers Doing Blow.

you're thinking of wild tiger bro.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Two Finger posted:

what is a ripit anyway

An extremely cheap redbull clone available at AAFES

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
What is going to be done about the refugee problem here in GiP?

They stream in from D&D by the ones and twos, influence our elections (ZERIS?) and whittle away at our culture by ganging up and silencing us on our far right.

Maybe we could have a small committee of GIP posters who would be charged with enforcing "GiP Purity Posting Guidelines"?

idk just throwing stuff against the wall. Sometimes that needs to be done.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Woof Blitzer posted:

An extremely cheap redbull clone available at AAFES

Generally free in the combat zone, otherwise only available stateside in dollar stores. I did see a picture of a vending machine once, but it was probably also in front of a dollar store.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Victor Vermis posted:

What is going to be done about the refugee problem here in GiP?

They stream in from D&D by the ones and twos, influence our elections (ZERIS?) and whittle away at our culture by ganging up and silencing us on our far right.

Maybe we could have a small committee of GIP posters who would be charged with enforcing "GiP Purity Posting Guidelines"?

idk just throwing stuff against the wall. Sometimes that needs to be done.

Looks like a fun project for the April idiot king?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
WALL

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Miss me yet?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I bet EBBAMA has a higher probe count than me even counting the wall I built

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

FIREWALL those drat DnDers

DoD not D&D!

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I was thinking about rocketry in east Asia today, since it's trending and all, then I remembered this gem from forums savior, GIP'er on the wall, Shim:

Who ordered the code red, Shim?*

*I do not condone actions like these and strongly discourage them

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Two Finger posted:

I bet EBBAMA has a higher probe count than me even counting the wall I built

But his were actually funny.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Zeris posted:

I was thinking about rocketry in east Asia today, since it's trending and all, then I remembered this gem from forums savior, GIP'er on the wall, Shim:

Who ordered the code red, Shim?*

*I do not condone actions like these and strongly discourage them

Heh.

That post is filled with gold if you just break it down.

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

The little chicken girl wants me to ease up!
He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

Were you on that deployment? I'd love to hear just why it was such a nightmare. Big USMC? Bad officers? It is a mystery to me.

Give us the down low man. Obviously nothing classified or anything.

The test bed for MARSOC was Marine Corps Special Operations Command Detachment One. MCSOCOM Det 1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MCSOCOM_Detachment_One

"The unit consisted of 81 Marines and 5 Navy Corpsmen divided among 4 sections:
reconnaissance element (30 men)
intelligence element (29 men), containing a headquarters element and
a Radio Reconnaissance Team (RRT), (9 men)
a human intelligence (HumInt) exploitation team (HET), (6 men)
an all-source fusion team (12 men)
fires element (7 men)
headquarters element
The original Marines picked to form the detachment were hand-picked from over 500 personnel records. Despite common misconception, Det One was not a beefed up Force Reconnaissance platoon."

This unit and its deployment were considered a success and MARSOC was born. The hand selected individuals largely formed the initial backbone of MARSOC but were too few in number.

MSOC F, Task Force Violence, was a redheaded step child. Donnie Rumsfeld demanded the USMC participate in SOCOM in 2006 because the administration had so heavily taxed the existing units. The pushback was immediate. "All Marines are special" sums up the attitude of the Marine Corps. They delayed and delayed implementation as long as possible resulting in a veritable elephant graveyard when it came to manning. Units were ordered to provide X number of X paygrades of X MOS. They gave their tired (retiring), poor (inexperienced junior enlisted) and hungry (shitbags that couldn't be administratively separated). I will forever believe without true factual evidence that from the Commandant down MARSOC was designed to fail and maintain the Marine Corps as a singular entity. Before the command was even established senior MEU commanders were pissy they might lose the MEU(SOC) title. SOC in this instance meaning Special Operations Capable, due to the presence of Force Recon and the various capabilities they brought along. Rumors abounded that the MARSOC Marines would have a special uniform item, ranging from an orange fabric square on the sleeve pocket to a badge worn on their chest. (Interestingly enough the newly dubbed "Raiders" now have a lovely looking device.). The point is there was a lot of simmering hostility at all levels. SOCOM didn't want MARSOC and the Marine Corps on a visceral level despised them and I suspect viewed the unit at that time as an existential threat, sapping the Fleet Marine Forces of their "best and brightest".

2nd Marine Special Operations Battalion (2nd MSOB) was stood up proverbially overnight. The headquarters building on Courthouse Bay still had a facade reading "2nd Force Reconnaissance". Seemingly with the swipe of a pen and a key stroke 2nd Force was now 2nd MSOB. Foreign Military Training Unit (FMTU, now long defunct) was stood up, Marine Special Operations Support Group (MSOSG, yes, pronounced M-Sausage) and from this Fox company was slapped together. During work ups to the first deployment carried out alongside the 26 MEU the simmering hostility would morph into a bizarre combination of jealousy over the "special" Marines, animosity at the individuals staffing it, and downright refusal to provide assistance.

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/2015/03/04/task-force-violent-the-unforgiven/23940295/

"The Marine Corps couldn't figure out how to provide Galvin with the logistical and other support personnel he'd requested, so they deployed with just one mechanic to maintain the 45 vehicles in their motor pool. SOCOM, the report says, did not even inform the Marines where they were going until they had boarded the Navy ships that would carry them overseas, resulting in a frantic training effort focused on rules of engagement and cultural awareness specific to Afghanistan. Their primary mission — to train the Afghan security forces — wasn't communicated to them for nearly another two weeks."

The mechanic was a Lance Coolie on his first deployment.

MSOC F was cast adrift with the 26 MEU, the maiden voyage of MARSOC with a probable destination of Afghanistan. Major Galvin, commanding officer, openly referred to the USS Bataan as "the Amistad". Hyperbolic, surely, but the hostility from the MEU was apparent at all levels. Last second berthing was acquired beneath the forecastle and because MSOC F didn't provide any Marines to cut hair at the ships barber shop they were not allowed access to it. After 10 days the lower enlisted MARSOC Marines were clearly visible and often hosed with. Deploying with .45's rather than 9mm Berettas made even more people angry in that pathetic self-loathing sense nearly everyone here should understand. Through the Med, Suez, off to Africa and a skip over to Afghanistan, Fox Company found itself in Jalalabad. No consistent chow, abandoned and pilfered accomadations; you'd think MSOC F was on the invasion.

Within a month: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Shinwar_shooting

Getting tired of thinking about it, so I'll sum it up. SOCOM hosed up. The Marine Corps hosed up. MARSOC hosed up. But despite what you can find open source, Fox Company's leadership REALLY hosed up. Like, Donald Trump level leadership hosed up. Let me know if there's any interest in reading more before I try to figure out how to go about writing that poo poo out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGp9P6QvMjY

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Can you imagine being that one mechanic? I'd love to hear his story.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Preechr posted:

It would just be "gently caress this bullshit" written 20 different ways

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

Preechr posted:

I think he got a NAVCOM.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Miloshe posted:

MARSUCKS

:stare:

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
lol at the line about the .45

outstanding.

S/F

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

DownByTheWooter posted:

lol at the line about the .45

outstanding.

S/F

I truly can not stress enough just how petty things turned once underway. That is when the "us vs them" mentality developed, ultimately leading to "us against the world", and then the first Court of Inquiry since 1956. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribbon_Creek_incident

To reiterate, none of this is meant to excuse or glorify the actions of Fox Company or its leadership. The totality of the situation was simply so hosed in such a complex fashion.

"Life became more challenging for them in theater, the report says. Their camp, an empty facility aboard Jalalabad Airfield once occupied by French troops, had fallen into disrepair. There was fecal matter in their well water, Galvin said. Food and other basic supplies were tough to come by at first. Their lack of internal support personnel meant they were dependent on other units for help, and that caused a great deal of frustration for everyone. The Marines in MARSOC's celebrated first combat deployment — who by their own admission were hungry to see some action — were essentially orphaned in the war zone, with no resources and no clear guidance, the court determined, and Fox Company routinely found itself at odds with the senior Army officers to whom they reported. "

I'm from GiP and I say kill em' all.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

No wonder IDR came back from that all hosed up

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

No wonder IDR came back from that all hosed up

:drat:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

A full investigation traced a long line of toxic managerial practices and malfeasance through the hierarchy, resulting in small mistakes snowballing into bigger mistakes, beginning at the point where a person or group of people decided to actually enlist in the marines. If that one crucial mistake had been avoided, we wouldn't be here now. Report further states: N.B. gently caress you if you're still in.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
This is the military schadenfreude I live for.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
did IDR get banned or just go away or what happened? I missed all that action

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I think he just never posted here again shortly before the callout thread, right? Don't remember him getting banned.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
im pretty sure this poster is IDR btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Lol I loving knew it

• Locked thread