Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

xaarman posted:

Woah, just saw this thread.

Hi Shimazu!

*waves*

nice anime av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
Thanks!

Some guy bought it for me to explain his perma ban when I had a stickied thread in GiP :(

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Hey Shim did you encounter any anti-Semitism while serving? Were those marines snipers or nazis?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Godholio posted:

Also Shim:

Edit: That's from the A/T Spaceflight thread. :lol:

Was it Shim who told someone in EN that the internet was the equivalent of Krokodil for mental illness?

I vaguely remember a post that made some sort of hilarious and surprisingly accurate analogy like that. Think it was Shim.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Lol at stolen valor. Being proud of enlisting is like being proud of getting jail raped.

On a serious note,Shim, some of the people I work with are under the delusion that they should enlist in the Army/Marine Corp after they graduate the CCC (program I work for). What would be your one stop advice for anyone who wants to enlist?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Don't discourage them. After hearing about people in your COMET, they deserve the military and the military deserves them.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

A White Guy posted:

Lol at stolen valor. Being proud of enlisting is like being proud of getting jail raped.

On a serious note,Shim, some of the people I work with are under the delusion that they should enlist in the Army/Marine Corp after they graduate the CCC (program I work for). What would be your one stop advice for anyone who wants to enlist?

Tell them that the US Military is lame and they should instead join the French Foreign Legion

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Any plans for the few remaining days of your rein?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

Tell them that the US Military is lame and they should instead join the French Foreign Legion

yea this

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Any plans for the few remaining days of your rein?

Probably just gonna probate Wasabi The J a few more times for being a kiddie diddler.

Zeris has intimated that IK for life is on the table for sexual favors.

I've not ruled it out.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
he probably just wants to dump it on you so he can quit. no sane or intelligent person wants to mod a webforum.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Probably just gonna probate Wasabi The J a few more times for being a kiddie diddler.

Zeris has intimated that IK for life is on the table for sexual favors.

I've not ruled it out.

No election for April? Or do you get to be IK for life, I'd be down for that if you continue to probate anime touchers.

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006
I am an idiot

Kick-Puncher fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 26, 2017

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I don't know what do you guys want to do for April?

Also xaarman we don't take kindly to anime avs here so find a new one for yourself or I'll do it for you :)

(I know you already know that)

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Zeris posted:

I don't know what do you guys want to do for April?

Also xaarman we don't take kindly to anime avs here so find a new one for yourself or I'll do it for you :)

(I know you already know that)

Random numbers. Chaos reigns. Only rule is no lurkers.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I promise to continue prosecuting Anime and Pony lovers with extreme prejudice if given IK for life.

Giving IK to most Gippers leads to mass no reason probations and a lot of static in the beloved CE thread.

Sincerely your IK,

-Shim

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Random numbers. Chaos reigns. Only rule is no lurkers.

I dislike this. We could have a Wasabi The J IK.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I dislike this. We could have a Wasabi The J IK.

I guess there should be some safety measures.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I'm campaigning to be that safety measure.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If you put me back on as a secondary I'll only probate for anime and ponies with the shame cube. Put whoever else you want as primary.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

was it shim that said "Well who wouldn't want a selfie with the founders of their democracy" in response to japanese tourists taking photos with Enola Gay? That's still the greatest post

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If you put me back on as a secondary I'll only probate for anime and ponies with the shame cube. Put whoever else you want as primary.

Why don't you and shim just become the mods? I don't know if Zeris is particularly attached to the job nor am I saying he has done poorly (in face he's been really good), but I mean if it's something you guys want to actually do then just do it.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

was it shim that said "Well who wouldn't want a selfie with the founders of their democracy" in response to japanese tourists taking photos with Enola Gay? That's still the greatest post

I think that was the TFR mod.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Why don't you and shim just become the mods? I don't know if Zeris is particularly attached to the job nor am I saying he has done poorly (in face he's been really good), but I mean if it's something you guys want to actually do then just do it.

I'm open to that. Only threads I don't read here are the Navy and Cop threads so it's not like it would be a ton of extra work to keep up.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
The Jew in me couldn't say no to the free avatars and titles I could hand out as mod.

Finally get rid of xaarmans anime avatar and bring back Katy Perry boob avatars.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Three months in, some observations on modding:

-It's fun, until suddenly it isn't

-People bitch about 6-hour probies more than anything else

-Uploading images (for avatars), changing posters' names, and rotating IKs requires admin approval, and happens on their schedule. They're usually busy keeping the forums from literally falling apart.

-If I hypothetically handed off modding to someone else, there's no guarantee who the admins would approve of to replace me. I actually have no idea what the vetting process is.

Anyway, if there's something you guys want to happen, like a title change or whatever, just ask. I'm sorry for example about the green weenie platinum icons, but there's only so much I can do in certain situations.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I'll just accept IK for life and be the Sgt Schultz of this here prison camp. (GTFO if you don't love Hogans Hero's)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm open to that. Only threads I don't read here are the Navy and Cop threads so it's not like it would be a ton of extra work to keep up.

oh cool so i'll be compltely unable to post as my rap sheet nears 30 pages

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

back Katy Perry boob gangtags.

Ftfy

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

(GTFO if you don't love Hogans Hero's)

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

I really wish I could get a downloadable version of it.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
You can on usenet. That's where I got every season.

God bless usenet.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

You can on usenet. That's where I got every season.

God bless usenet.

Verily, verily.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Man Usenet is interesting. Since Google Groups is just some big database from a company that was keeping Usenet archives or whatever (I'm a little rusty on the details) you can find Usenet posts dating back into the early 80's. poo poo's wild man.

NEEEEEERRRRRDDDSSSSSSSSS

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

lol shim what did you do?

I just got a PM proving what I said earlier:

quote:

bulletsponge13 wrote on Mar 26, 2017 09:09:
I don't mind eating a 6 hour, I am irritated that it's because of an avatar I've had for years posting in GiP with no problem- one I didn't even buy or choose. Particularly since there is no forum rule in the rules thread regulating avatars.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
LMAO you would think that the military would teach people on this forum that arbitrary punishment is a thing and who gives a gently caress?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Pesticide20 posted:

LMAO you would think that the military would teach people on this forum that arbitrary punishment is a thing and who gives a gently caress?

45 days restriction to post for pointing out something obvious, don't use your brain like that again.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Zeris posted:

lol shim what did you do?

I just got a PM proving what I said earlier:

I'm giving him another 6 hour, JFC, I already offered to get him a new av in the PM exchange he had with me.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Had to go upstairs to probate that goddamn snitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Guys who complain about a six hour should just get another 6 hour for complaining :shrug:

Hell I'd make that an up-front subforum rule

• Locked thread