Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
at what point can I smoke legal weed and still maintain my (now civilian) clearances. this is important. i don't know how much longer alcohol alone can sustain me through 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

yeah so with him gone and mutli-state legalization going forward i'm hoping by the end of the year.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

FIREWALL those drat DnDers

DoD not D&D!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Two Finger posted:

What's a two stripe officer in the Navy? Like what rank

Stripes aren't a very descriptive term, and there's enough changes for it to be confusing in dress uniforms, but:

Enlisted plebes (tiny little lines on collar) < Petty Officer (crow, with chevrons on collar) < chiefs (anchor on collar, add stars for more seniority)

Butter bar ensign (one gold bar) < Lieutenant Junior Grade (one silver bar) < Lieutenant (two silver bars) < lieutenant commander (gold leaf) < commander (silver leaf) < captain (silver eagle)

Whoever is the captain of that ship actually gets called captain , regardless of rank.

The engineer is the title for the officer in charge of engineering department. Aka the Eng. same with Nav, Weps, Commo, etc

If a civilian engineer is riding along that's just nonsense

And if you get a bunch of Shim type cryto and sigint pukes taking up your rack space and food they're called a "direct support element"

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Mar 8, 2017

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Ughhhhh look at that link more closely before you click it

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

back Katy Perry boob gangtags.

Ftfy

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Pesticide20 posted:

LMAO you would think that the military would teach people on this forum that arbitrary punishment is a thing and who gives a gently caress?

45 days restriction to post for pointing out something obvious, don't use your brain like that again.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Name and shame

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
You know what's good? Stability in government. No-knock sixers and stop-and-probate are deplorable tactics aimed at our most marginalized posters.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
These avatar changes are messing with my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Goddamn that was like a month ago and we got another...

• Locked thread