Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Shim will you do an AMA for regulars, casuals, and civilians alike?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Victor Vermis posted:

What is going to be done about the refugee problem here in GiP?

They stream in from D&D by the ones and twos, influence our elections (ZERIS?) and whittle away at our culture by ganging up and silencing us on our far right.

Maybe we could have a small committee of GIP posters who would be charged with enforcing "GiP Purity Posting Guidelines"?

idk just throwing stuff against the wall. Sometimes that needs to be done.

Looks like a fun project for the April idiot king?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I was thinking about rocketry in east Asia today, since it's trending and all, then I remembered this gem from forums savior, GIP'er on the wall, Shim:

Who ordered the code red, Shim?*

*I do not condone actions like these and strongly discourage them

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

A full investigation traced a long line of toxic managerial practices and malfeasance through the hierarchy, resulting in small mistakes snowballing into bigger mistakes, beginning at the point where a person or group of people decided to actually enlist in the marines. If that one crucial mistake had been avoided, we wouldn't be here now. Report further states: N.B. gently caress you if you're still in.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Lol I loving knew it

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I regret

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Ehh, the TBI/PTSD/Welfare Enthusiasm & Hobbyist Forum is right on the money tbh

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

whatever nevermind

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

xaarman posted:

Woah, just saw this thread.

Hi Shimazu!

*waves*

nice anime av

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I don't know what do you guys want to do for April?

Also xaarman we don't take kindly to anime avs here so find a new one for yourself or I'll do it for you :)

(I know you already know that)

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Three months in, some observations on modding:

-It's fun, until suddenly it isn't

-People bitch about 6-hour probies more than anything else

-Uploading images (for avatars), changing posters' names, and rotating IKs requires admin approval, and happens on their schedule. They're usually busy keeping the forums from literally falling apart.

-If I hypothetically handed off modding to someone else, there's no guarantee who the admins would approve of to replace me. I actually have no idea what the vetting process is.

Anyway, if there's something you guys want to happen, like a title change or whatever, just ask. I'm sorry for example about the green weenie platinum icons, but there's only so much I can do in certain situations.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

lol shim what did you do?

I just got a PM proving what I said earlier:

quote:

bulletsponge13 wrote on Mar 26, 2017 09:09:
I don't mind eating a 6 hour, I am irritated that it's because of an avatar I've had for years posting in GiP with no problem- one I didn't even buy or choose. Particularly since there is no forum rule in the rules thread regulating avatars.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's all good and we've all been there thanks for being a good sport about being a bitch and letting us laugh at you.

This also <3 your new title, let me know if you want something slightly more dignified.

We've all been there, man.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Changing the platinum icon requires me to convince an admin that they should stop fixing forums code in order to work on modifying an individual poster's CSS or something like that. I'm open to suggestions but have so far failed to make the case.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Encore month, why not.

April 1st better be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Won't end well.

• Locked thread