Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Post in this thread if you're sad. You don't have to post what you're sad about but you can if you want. This is the sad posters thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
I don't know if I'm sad. I don't feel good, but I have an appointment with a shrink next week to figure it out. Maybe he'll tell me I'm sad.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
I'm sad for secret reasons *turns awsy shyly*

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Everyone on this forum is going to be dead in 100 years and it makes me sad. :smith:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I'm pretty sad, op.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
Seriously though I've never been to therapy before what should I expect for the first one (it's 90 minutes). He basically already said on the phone he's gonna give me drugs for my woes but what happens at the appointment for 90 minutes?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

500 good dogs posted:

Seriously though I've never been to therapy before what should I expect for the first one (it's 90 minutes). He basically already said on the phone he's gonna give me drugs for my woes but what happens at the appointment for 90 minutes?

As an undergrad early 20-something I just talked about whats bothering me. Dude just said I don't have a strong sense of self and prescribed zoloft. Maybe it was effective? I'm doing OK now, so it must've worked. :shrug:

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
I'm guessing he's a psychiatrist if he's prescribing meds ??

Going to a psych is just like going to a doctor, he asks you a bunch of questions, and then gives you a diagnosis and a treatment plan. A therapist usually just talks to you about your problems.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Bareback Werewolf posted:

I'm guessing he's a psychiatrist if he's prescribing meds ??

Going to a psych is just like going to a doctor, he asks you a bunch of questions, and then gives you a diagnosis and a treatment plan. A therapist usually just talks to you about your problems.

Yeah this guy is a psychiatrist but he does CBT according to google so I doubt he's just going to give me handfuls of pills for 90 minutes. pretty sure I need to be medicated and I'm allergic to hippies so I figured I'd try a "real doctor"

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

500 good dogs posted:

Yeah this guy is a psychiatrist but he does CBT according to google so I doubt he's just going to give me handfuls of pills for 90 minutes. pretty sure I need to be medicated and I'm allergic to hippies so I figured I'd try a "real doctor"

Psychiatrists are medical doctors so it's pretty much like going to see the doctor for a broken arm. I doubt the first visit will take the full 90 minutes. He'll just ask you some stuff possibly write a sript and then send you on your way. Don't expect to lay down on a couch and divulge your deepest fears.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Therapy and meds are good y'all. :cheers:

Usually around this time every year my depression is at its worst because I haven't seen the loving SUN in three weeks. I need to move to Ecuador or something.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
OP is exploiting posters for laughs and I think that's not right.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

i like that posted:

Haha your sad now you posted here talk about owned

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

TheSpamalope posted:

Haha your sad now you posted here talk about owned

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Not even sad, I'm fuckin great.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLEdsI731J4

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Friggin lol.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I went to a therapist recommended by a friend who tried to frame my problems in the vein of some Wiccan quantum ghost thing that she gave me a book on. She ended up moving onto a reservation to avoid tax debt. I also got diagnosed with a major depressive disorder and stopped talking to the friend.
I guess I'm clinically sad, though.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvI_FNrczzQ

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
im not sad

im just really okay.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Das Boo posted:

I went to a therapist recommended by a friend who tried to frame my problems in the vein of some Wiccan quantum ghost thing that she gave me a book on. She ended up moving onto a reservation to avoid tax debt. I also got diagnosed with a major depressive disorder and stopped talking to the friend.
I guess I'm clinically sad, though.

That's what I was afraid of lmao

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
listening to some classic kid cudi rn

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Dog the Builder posted:

Everyone on this forum is going to be dead in 100 years and it makes me sad. :smith:

It makes me happy to know I will die.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

i like that posted:

Ah, but I'm not, I am personally sad myself for various reasons.

Beemo
Feb 20, 2011
I'm pretty sad, I found a lump on my one of my balls and I have to wait up to a fortnight to get it scanned.

Check your balls for lumps people!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Beemo posted:

I'm pretty sad, I found a lump on my one of my balls and I have to wait up to a fortnight to get it scanned.

why so long?! are you canadian or poor or smth?

Beemo
Feb 20, 2011

500 good dogs posted:

why so long?! are you canadian or poor or smth?
The british NHS is notoriously poo poo.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Beemo posted:

That sucks. Hopefully it's just a cyst or some poo poo.

Godspeed good goon.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Beemo posted:

The british NHS is notoriously poo poo.

figured it was some bullshit communism at fault here. I hope your balls are okay friend

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I'm pretty depressed right now too OP. I hope we both all feel better soon.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
How indulgent of you OP. Wallow in it

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
:firstpost::sadfan::downsgun:

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

I had intercourse this morn bitch

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
my grandma might die and also one of the sales guys at work is being a bit of a prick

normally a sales people being a bit of a dick wouldn't bother me but I really don't want to deal with it right now and also he is factually wrong with half the poo poo hes complaining about and im going to have to spell out how numbers work like he's a retarded person but in a civil way

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
What if you're sad all day every day for 36 years?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

I had intercourse this morn bitch

What was it like? :confused:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
oh no i have to wait two weeks to get my free healthcare because people who need it more urgently exist

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
I woke up this morning with p. bad anxiety and I can't shake it so now I'm sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Dog the Builder posted:

What was it like? :confused:

WEIRD