Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Crossposting that Logan was amazing. And I cannot say enough good things about Dafne Keen's portrayal of Laura. I'd heard so much rave reviews about her going in and my expectations were still far and beyond blown away.

I'm sure it's been hammered down at this point but I just get a huge kick about how this is basically a film about transporting illegal Mexican refugees across America and into Canada.

I have several very nitpicky issues.

The way that Laura behaved in the first half of the film, particularly at the gas station with the mechanical pony and with the store clerk, and also with the boy whose family they were staying with, kinda gives the impression of her being very non-socialized through her life, making her practically feral or at least very, very unfamiliar with social mores. And that would make sense, given her upbringing in an evil experimental facility.

But later on, we meet all the other kids from the exact same facility and they're all just...pretty well-socialized. They're obviously still lab orphans running for their lives, but no one's going around eating rabbits or whatever. That leader kid, the Mr. Robot-looking motherfucker, might as well be college-educated (he also speaks fluent accent-less English?). I suppose this would make sense if Laura had received harsher treatment at the Transigen facility...but frankly that doesn't seem to be the case, going by what little video evidence we had of Laura pretty much spending all her time with the rest of the kids all the time.

...So, really, I guess we should deduce that Laura is just naturally an rear end in a top hat to people! Which...okay, would actually make sense considering she's got Logan's genes :xd:.

One other nitpick was when Xavier was going on about how it makes sense that Laura has foot claws because...female lions or...something. Seriously, the poo poo was he babbling about? Sexual dimorphism is a thing, but she-lions don't have...like, extra claws because they need to be more protective or...whatever. The poor prof must have been totally loving addled at this point. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread