Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Was an ok movie. So are they rebooting after this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I don't know how they could show the bad guy of the movie is just the cloned embodiment of rage from Logan in the trailer.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
If they made a comic with his likeness but he still works as a Taxi Driver? Real life Wolverine must have a lovely agent or lawyer or something that helps you get paid for this.

The after credit scene is at the start of the movie.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Good thing the bad guys brought the T-virus with them also.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I loved it when that loving family was murdered right before they were gonna be murdered by white racists.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

A Yolo Wizard posted:

how does an adamantium bullet go through an adamantium plated skull, but two pairs of adamantium claws don't cause any damage to each other, other than some sparks

This is pretty amazing insight, maybe speed of claws vs bullets?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
An ironic point of the movie how the scientist were trying to create weapons but failed at giving them motivation to be weapons but in the exercise of recapturing them gave them a reason to fight back.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

themrguy posted:

Didn't really like how the end of mutants was the result of an evil plot to put things in corn.

Sci fi series called Helix ended heavily on this note and could be happening now. They sterilized the world with the modified corn, that's not a far stretch from the movie itself because mutants arn't actually real. The US government does pay farmers to grow corn above the cost to sell it but I'm unable to find a link for you, that part of the movie is incredibility true. There's a documentary called Food Inc and they pointed out that 2/3 or something of foods at the grocery store contain corn syrup. Thanks Mayans.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Mar 4, 2017

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Fistboy posted:

I've never read the comics but was that the berserker rage I've read about a few times?

No, it was the t-Virus.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mr. Nemo posted:

What I got from the movie is that only America is a shithole. You go one step into Canada and its an idyllic place where mutants are an everyday fact and no one is bothered by them. They probably have wild tigers roaming the streets too. Great depiction post-Trump's America.

Sucks the movie was most likely made back before the elections, huh. Maybe when taco bell had the cheese chalupa.

Bro tip: the naked chalupa is really good.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Mar 4, 2017

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Logan working as a taxi driver to treat professor x with Ibuprofen is a major plot point.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

FilthyImp posted:

That's Caliban switching the bottles to prove that Logan's healing factor isn't working as it should, and that he's experiencing the effects of being Old As gently caress.

It was supposed to be whatever anti-seizure medicine he pays for from the hospital dude.

They always hand him the same blue pills.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I feel that I need to explain, Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory drug used to treat headaches and drug addicts through trickery.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 4, 2017

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

ImpAtom posted:

IIRC the Blob's actual power is that he's literally immovable and almost invulnerable, not merely fat.

He can control gravity also.

Copied from wikia
"He could also alter his personal mono-directional gravity field beneath himself to make himself virtually immovable as long as he was in contact with the ground, although an incredible force can uproot him, along with a chunk of whatever he is standing on. The only beings on record to have been able to move the Blob against his wishes are the Hulk, Juggernaut, and Strong Guy (powered-up near his limit by absorbing kinetic energy), although Colossus has managed to lift Dukes by digging underground and raising the piece of earth Dukes stands on, stating this as an exception to his immovability. Magneto once was able to move the Blob by lifting the ground under the Blob's feet via metal pipes. Despite his appearance, the Blob's speed and agility are those of a fairly athletic male of normal stature, a fact which frequently catches his opponents by surprise."

Kegslayer posted:

Even if they get to Canada they're still hosed. They're just a bunch of kids and the evil genetically modified corn company can always just print grow more mutant soldiers while the Canadians might turn out to be another bad end. The kids are basically on their own.

I think you make a good point but you forgot all the bad guys decided they needed to show up to the final battle, even the scientist who has no ability to fight back and even his own father was killed by the man he was going to see or have a chance to see there.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 7, 2017

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Cacator posted:

Blob, Hulk, Juggernaut, Colossus... Strong Guy. They kind of ran out of names for big beefy dudes eh?

Wouldn't even known that there was some super hero with that name without wikipedia.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 7, 2017

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

This picture is great! But why would it need knees if it had tank tracks for feet? I wonder if it has a pulsing or puree mode for its murder baton swinging arms.

And the robot will shoot tear gas out its dick.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jun 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I still think logan looks just like mel gibson for the first half of the movie.

• Locked thread